For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
Part 3 of the interview.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX8rUpRS9j0

Don't count on GB2 patches, Slime Blower or TVG gear to be added anytime soon.

Seems to hint something for crossing the streams is coming.

Seems to hint at expanding on customization of your character.

EDIT: Sidenote, yay! Amazon shipped my collector's edition game today.
He also hinted at some "new-to-the-game-but-familiar-to-us" gear coming as well. Sad to hear that skinning the packs and other equipment to look stock (or like RGB/XGB) isn't happening... or at least any time soon. Can't wait for the patch (hopefully they get it out before they go on holiday break) and the DLC next year :D

EDIT - after rewatching, the question about reskinning the pack was passed, not given a no... so there's still hope! :D
mrmichaelt liked this
The new patch should be live. Here's a breakdown:
https://mp1st.com/title-updates-and-pat ... ecember-13
This Post Contains Spoilers
The Tenure system just... doesn't work like they described XD I did it, I didn't get reset to Tenure 1... I get reset to Tenure 11, my gear, while reset to default, was still max level and all the upgrades I had unlocked prior to Tenure were still there and able to be equipped.

I'll say this, the Ghostbusters got hit HARD. Ghosts are still catchable, but it's a bigger fight now.
Dr.D liked this
Hang on.

Are you f**** kidding me...preset nametags? I'm not a programmer, but holy hell, that stinks of laziness. How hard could it possibly be to implement a mechanic where we can choose our own names?

This is the first time in a long while I think a patch has moved a game backwards. Ghosts were already almost overpowered and too many games turn into a sprint fest when a player just flies around the map.

This is all coming from someone who has really really enjoyed the game so far, but this patch is like a kick in the balls.

bad job Illfonic. Try again.
jonogunn liked this
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: December 14th, 2022, 12:25 am I had a game where the ghost changed types (at least visually) during the game. First a ghouly, then blinky, then basher. All in the same match. I was confused.
Could be the player leaving and a new one or a bot taking over maybe?

As for the patch I haven't played it yet outside of getting on quick to check something. My remote trap mod still doesn't work. Unless I'm missing something about how it's meant to function it hasn't worked since launch.
zeta otaku wrote: December 13th, 2022, 4:20 pm I mean, I understand WHY they don't let us enter our own custom tags, it is disappointing. I know it's a small detail, but they definitely did it so people wouldn't mess around with it. Who knows, that might be a thing they add later on in an upcoming patch.
I can’t see any reason why you wouldn’t be allowed to use your own tag?

Profanity? There are filter lists for that
One time wrote: December 14th, 2022, 7:11 pm Profanity? There are filter lists for that
Profanity can still get through if the person gets creative with the spelling... Just try conceiving of every variation and combination you could have using the word "shit"... The most practical way to police that is just to lock the ability to create unique nametags rather than try to conceive and block every permutation of every popular swear word and offensive epithet.

It's unfortunate, but people on the internet are the reason we can't have nice things.
One time liked this
Kingpin wrote: December 15th, 2022, 12:29 pm
One time wrote: December 14th, 2022, 7:11 pm Profanity? There are filter lists for that
Profanity can still get through if the person gets creative with the spelling... Just try conceiving of every variation and combination you could have using the word "shit"... The most practical way to police that is just to lock the ability to create unique nametags rather than try to conceive and block every permutation of every popular swear word and offensive epithet.

It's unfortunate, but people on the internet are the reason we can't have nice things.
While I agree and am disappointed at the same time, you can't even read the name tags anyway, so who would know?
Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements on the Xbox version? I'm trying to unlock "I don't need these", where I've destroyed all three rifts and won as a ghost 4 times now against bots. Playing against bots doesn't appear to be the issue as every other achievement I've unlocked has been against them, resetting the game and console hasn't made a difference either. Or am I just missing something?
Do it if you're not in the middle of any contracts. That said, there's a semi-common glitch with Tenure. It's SUPPOSED to reset your gear levels to 0 and reset your upgrades and fungus... For me and several others? It did not do that. I tenured, but instead of being level 1, I was level 11, none of my gear reset nor did my fungus. So, yeah, it put all my gear to default, but I could just slap the upgrades right back on... and you may be thinking "oh... okay. Neat." Sure, it's a head start, but now my progression is knee capped. All that extra XP I could be getting is NOT there, so I've got a grind ahead of me.
mrmichaelt wrote: December 16th, 2022, 9:14 pm Like updating the next Windows, I usually wait awhile and I don't install it until the bugs are worked out and it's stable. Imo, I think the same applies to tenure. It will probably take a few patches to get it all worked out.
Sounds like a plan.

I am in the middle of one contract but close to finishing and have just started The Legend Side Hustle.
Guess I'll wait.
mrmichaelt liked this

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

EDIT: Accidentally left out a chunk in chapter one[…]