Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
This is where I get a bit annoyed sometimes with how slow *quality* Ghostbusters merch is. We waited how long for someone to do an official proton pack? Hasbro does one and it meets its goal within a day.

Ok. Amazing. You see the Hasbro Pulse site and it’s full of lightsabers, Transformers, helmets. Where is all the ghostbusters stuff? Forget the action figures. I mean prop replica stuff.

PKE meter? Trap? Gigameter? It’s weird they don’t have that stuff, right? Am I crazy?

Where’s the Real Ghostbusters proton pack?(not the dinky kids version. I mean a legit 1:1 replica), Extreme Ghostbusters proton pack? Slime Blower? Slime Scoop? Obviously they wouldn’t do all these at once but it’s been a year since the Haslab was a huge success. Pulse Con came and went with no new major GB announcements.

They can’t keep the neutrino wand in stock. The proton pack Haslab was a huge success. And why aren’t they building on that?

If they did a Haslab RGB 1:1 pack is would sell like hot cakes. Same with a Slime Blower.

Maybe they are waiting until the fandom gets our hands on the Haslab proton pack first but…compared to Matty Collector Hasbro has been a bit of a letdown. Yeah we are getting the big kahuna soon. But I just don’t think they’ll do cartoon variants and that’s a shame.
Hasbro just showed an unboxing of how the pack will look and function and apart from the "moo" sound the pack makes when you switch it on and off with the vibration motor on it looked nice. I would have liked to have seen how an ALICE frame is secured to it but maybe in the future. I can't figure out why they won't make traps, PKE or Goggles...especially since their latest Marvel Ghost Rider and several Star Wars haslabs have failed. It's like they took the license to make a pack and wand and I;m not even sure we'll see any GB2 or Afterlife Plasma series beyond what we've seen. Figures don't sell so well with GB fans it's more the role play props and its I would say worse the Mattel who at least did the other props besides the pack. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see anything new till Firehouse nearly comes out.
RealGhostbusterJay wrote: October 29th, 2022, 3:26 am I would have liked to have seen how an ALICE frame is secured to it but maybe in the future.
From what I remember they said they include 5 free metal C-clamps to connect the pack to an ALICE system LC-1 Field Pack Frame. Not sure if they ever addressed if the Rothco was ok to use instead. But since they said they're weren't including ALICE frames in the first place because of ethical conflicts with a company that makes them, I doubt they'll make a video. But for sure, GB fans will be making how-to-videos right away when they get their pack.
deadderek liked this
One time wrote:I hope that the next prop Hasbro does is a (normal) trap and then a PKE, in that order.
Big same. Dying for something comparable to the Matty trap, with a proper pedal and cable. Meanwhile, I love the Matty PKE, but I'd be stoked to replace it with something that has accurate sounds.
zeta otaku wrote: don't even nee the main cartridge removable if it keeps the costs down and allows for features like the Mattel Trap.
It's hard to imagine the Matty trap's original price was a measly $130. If they could produce that one for that kind of price, I'm sure Hasbro Pulse could serve up a trap just as good—removable cartridge and all—for a price that'd seem like a steal.
oidoglr, seekandannoy liked this
mardin_chatzuk wrote: November 1st, 2022, 3:33 pm
One time wrote:I hope that the next prop Hasbro does is a (normal) trap and then a PKE, in that order.
Big same. Dying for something comparable to the Matty trap, with a proper pedal and cable. Meanwhile, I love the Matty PKE, but I'd be stoked to replace it with something that has accurate sounds.
zeta otaku wrote: don't even nee the main cartridge removable if it keeps the costs down and allows for features like the Mattel Trap.
It's hard to imagine the Matty trap's original price was a measly $130. If they could produce that one for that kind of price, I'm sure Hasbro Pulse could serve up a trap just as good—removable cartridge and all—for a price that'd seem like a steal.
I HATED that chirping. There was a mod someone made that changed the audio to be movie accurate. I think he made like 3 or 4 batches and then moved on to other projects.

As for the trap... was it REALLY that cheap when it dropped?! The one thing I'd like is for a new trap to have more accurate proportions. The Matty trap is CLOSE, but it's not quite right. If it comes to removing a feature to get that right, losing the removable cartridge is something I can live with.
zeta otaku wrote:There was a mod someone made that changed the audio to be movie accurate.
I know, and I wish I could still get my hands on it. I only got my Matty meter earlier this year—so way after those mod kits came and went. I love it despite the beeps, but damn, they are awful.

zeta otaku wrote:As for the trap... was it REALLY that cheap when it dropped?!
I can hardly believe it myself, but yeah, that's the price mentioned by sources from back in 2011.

zeta otaku wrote:The one thing I'd like is for a new trap to have more accurate proportions. The Matty trap is CLOSE, but it's not quite right. If it comes to removing a feature to get that right, losing the removable cartridge is something I can live with.
Personally I'd rather have the removable cartridge than the strictest accuracy of dimensions, especially if different prop traps weren't always consistent, as I seem to recall reading somewhere. Regardless, though, if the fidelity of the Hasbro pack is any indication, I have to imagine they'd sweat the details if they made a trap in the same vein.
zeta otaku liked this
The Matty trap was built on the dimensions of the non hero trap used in GB2 in some scenes. It’s main inaccuracy with the hero trap used in the main trapping scenes in GB1 and GB2 is that the front and top are recessed as opposed to protruding slightly in front and above the “walls” of the trap housing. Also the rear (surface with the red light) was slightly higher and shorter than the trap used in the trapping scenes.

I don’t see why dimensions would stand in the way of a removeable cartridge. There’s no reason they wouldn’t be able to replicate the dimensions of the hero prop exactly, seeing as the Afterlife trap is the same dimensions as the GB1 and 2 hero traps.
deadderek liked this
One time wrote: November 1st, 2022, 10:09 pm I don’t see why dimensions would stand in the way of a removeable cartridge. There’s no reason they wouldn’t be able to replicate the dimensions of the hero prop exactly, seeing as the Afterlife trap is the same dimensions as the GB1 and 2 hero traps.
Agreed—and wouldn't it be fantastic to get something surpassing the Matty trap without spending almost $1000?
mrmichaelt liked this
mardin_chatzuk wrote: November 2nd, 2022, 11:18 am
One time wrote: November 1st, 2022, 10:09 pm I don’t see why dimensions would stand in the way of a removeable cartridge. There’s no reason they wouldn’t be able to replicate the dimensions of the hero prop exactly, seeing as the Afterlife trap is the same dimensions as the GB1 and 2 hero traps.
Agreed—and wouldn't it be fantastic to get something surpassing the Matty trap without spending almost $1000?
I agree. As awesome as the Matty trap is, when you compare the build quality and vibration of the Hasbo wand to the Matty wand it just makes you think how awesome a Hasbro trap would look and feel.

The only issue would be: what functionality could they add on a 13 year newer product? The Matty trap already had a functioning pedal and trap doors, movie accurate functionality, light, sounds, electric discharge effects, vibration and even easter egg effects that turned on like once every 150 or 200 activations (like that screaming howl).

The only thing left for Hasbro to surpass Matty with in terms of 13 year newer functionality would be smoke.

But is that possible? Has there ever been a mass produced Hasbro product that featured smoke? How would it even work, would they also produce consumable smoke cartridges? Or are there mass market smoke pellets or whatever that they could incorporate into the product?

It would be insane if they could it!
Well Mattel incorporated smoke effects/fluids into RC Batmobiles. So that's doable for a mass produced toy, local regulations aside. I think the best Hasbro could do if they ever do a trap would be a combined RTV/standard ghost trap set. Although the dimensions would be off you would get two for one. Add really bright lights and maybe smoke effects to it. Banger trap!
One time wrote:The only issue would be: what functionality could they add on a 13 year newer product?
Honestly I don't think they need to surpass the Matty trap (though built-in smoke would be sweet). It's been long enough since the Matty trap's release, and it's now so scarce and expensive a collector's item, that simply offering another trap with the same levels of quality and functionality would be worthwhile in itself.

If they improved its accuracy in some details, or found ways to expand the functionality a little, that'd just be gravy.
mardin_chatzuk wrote: November 4th, 2022, 11:05 am
One time wrote:The only issue would be: what functionality could they add on a 13 year newer product?
Honestly I don't think they need to surpass the Matty trap (though built-in smoke would be sweet). It's been long enough since the Matty trap's release, and it's now so scarce and expensive a collector's item, that simply offering another trap with the same levels of quality and functionality would be worthwhile in itself.

If they improved its accuracy in some details, or found ways to expand the functionality a little, that'd just be gravy.

Kind of agree, but smoke would be so unique. Just getting the dimensions right to the GB1, GB2 and Afterlife Hero trap would be priority number 1 for me over smoke. The Matty was based on a smaller semi hero trap. If they do go with the RTV add ons I hope they base the dimensions on the hero and not the RTV.
One time wrote: November 4th, 2022, 8:19 pm
mardin_chatzuk wrote: November 4th, 2022, 11:05 am

Kind of agree, but smoke would be so unique. Just getting the dimensions right to the GB1, GB2 and Afterlife Hero trap would be priority number 1 for me over smoke. The Matty was based on a smaller semi hero trap. If they do go with the RTV add ons I hope they base the dimensions on the hero and not the RTV.
If we DO get the RTV, I hope it's something the trap locks onto and not part of the chassis. I believe the shock supports cut right into the body of the trap.

Huh... maybe THAT could be the added gimmick! Swap out a couple parts on the trap, lock the trap into place on the RTV body and BAM! You have a remote control trap vehicle! The drive motors could draw power from the trap's batteries via a contact plate under the trap, have a basic controller based off the one from the movie including an activation trigger (if I can convert the matty trap to be wireless, Hasbro can build it in), and then you can unlock the trap from the body, swap the parts again and BAM, stock Afterlife trap with the revised stomp pedal! (the major difference being the location of the large relay on the one side of the pedal from GB1/2). I know most people just want the stock trap, but let's face it, with the gunner seat and RTV ramp being part of Ecto-1 now, we're gonna see the RTV again anyway, so it only makes sense for them to market it as the RTV.

Though, my gut tells me we may just get a remold of the Spengler wand either as a stock thrower or as whatever upgrades/mods they do to the throwers in Firehouse.
I am all for the prop replicas continuing, but since there are lots of pretty accurate builders/kits out there, I'd prefer to see something few of us could attempt on our own. Personally, I'd love to see them build a large Ecto-1 vehicle, scaled to fit the Plasma Series figures.

If anyone has seen what they've done with the larger Star Wars vehicle projects, I think they'd knock it out of the park.
CitizenBuster liked this

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]