Please post up details about your transactions. Please put the name of the seller or buyer in the topic title! Only CIVIL feedback and discussions will be allowed.
Forum rules: Please provide clear and accurate feedback for a seller. Search for forum to make sure there isn't already a topic about a seller, if there is post in that thread. When posting please be careful as you will not be able to edit your post later.
Recently came across this livestream Bob did where re-tells virtually all these events from the last seven or eight years from his perspective. While I in no way support many of the crazy, dubious, and often false claims this man’s made, I found it to be a somewhat interesting look into his thoughts:
This Post Contains Spoilers
The Searcher wrote: January 31st, 2022, 2:27 pm Recently came across this livestream Bob did where re-tells virtually all these events from the last seven or eight years from his perspective. While I in no way support many of the crazy, dubious, and often false claims this man’s made, I found it to be a somewhat interesting look into his thoughts:
This Post Contains Spoilers
He just can't come to terms that he's not a good person and that the majority of the fandom hates him.

The best thing would be for him to leave the fandom entirely but sadly he won't.
Kingpin, Urvy1A liked this
When I went to a retro video gaming and toy convention back in May, I met up with my friends at the Houston Ghostbusters. I mentioned Videobob, and they told me he went to the premiere of Afterlife in New York and tried to harass the cast and crew of Afterlife! Thankfully, the crew told him to go you-know-what off.
deadderek liked this
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

JWils23 wrote: September 2nd, 2022, 7:05 pm Guess who’s back on eBay??
https://www.ebay.com/itm/265854403081?m ... media=COPY

$4k, yikes!
It was about that high, then someone cancelled a bid and it suddenly dropped $1200. Pretty sure he's using shill bids to hike the price up. Far nicer packs than that haven't sold for half that price.
JWils23 liked this
Nothing against the Hasbro thrower, but if I’m paying $4k for a pack it better have an aluminum thrower. He must have finally run out of matty throwers. There’s a much better hero pack on eBay for half the price.

Crazy to look at that pack and then look at the heritage packs Dave of proton props is making for only a bit more money. I really hope no one is suckered into spending that much for that pack, but Halloween is coming and he knows it.
tobycj, Prime 1986 liked this
Zugswang wrote: September 28th, 2022, 6:47 pm Any word on if he's turned over a new leaf or I'd he's still grifting?
There's a greater chance of Dan Aykroyd himself arriving at my front door with a screen-used Proton Pack for me to keep and an offer to appear as the main character in the next Ghostbusters movie than there is of Bob ever turning over a new leaf and going legit.

Opportunists like Bob never change.
wralex, zeta otaku, tobycj and 2 others liked this
Kingpin wrote: November 27th, 2021, 1:39 am So now he's gonna turn himself into the guy who built an Ark Museum? Why would he even bother trying to get one built if he can't go full-height.

Is this what he tried to pitch to Jason before he got shut down in the most epic way? :)
Just saw this. Wasn't there another similar Firehouse in LA used for some interior shots in Ghostbusters 2? Aren't there other similar fire stations around the U.S.? What makes his special?
Hi All,

New to the site here and had a question about the VideoBob guy. I understand he isn't liked here, for what appears to be good reason. Nonetheless, I was really curious to know how this guy earns money.

I've seen his YouTube videos, and it appears that he does reasonably well for himself. But it's quite mysterious how he has the money he does. Yeah, he sells some props and what not (including BTTF cars here and there), but it appears unlikely that he would make a significant enough profit from these ventures to fund his lifestyle.

It's almost like a piece of the puzzle is missing. Did he win a huge legal settlement? Does he have some underground business that few people know about? I'm really curious how he has so much money. He's obviously not uber wealthy, but he definitely has some, and it appears very unlikely that he has so much money from selling a few movie props and cars here and there.

Thanks for any facts or educated guesses!
nkx1 wrote: February 7th, 2023, 12:47 am Hi All,

New to the site here and had a question about the VideoBob guy. I understand he isn't liked here, for what appears to be good reason. Nonetheless, I was really curious to know how this guy earns money.

I've seen his YouTube videos, and it appears that he does reasonably well for himself. But it's quite mysterious how he has the money he does. Yeah, he sells some props and what not (including BTTF cars here and there), but it appears unlikely that he would make a significant enough profit from these ventures to fund his lifestyle.

It's almost like a piece of the puzzle is missing. Did he win a huge legal settlement? Does he have some underground business that few people know about? I'm really curious how he has so much money. He's obviously not uber wealthy, but he definitely has some, and it appears very unlikely that he has so much money from selling a few movie props and cars here and there.

I can't even begin to speculate how many Packs he's selling these days versus over the years, but the impression given is that he's sold more than a few, getting a stream of business through people who find him first through his page via google, or his listings on ebay rather than the feedback thread for him here.

There may be other revenue streams that he uses to keep his business afloat... But we won't likely determine what they are. At the very least something that may be helping him to keep turning a profit is how inflated the prices of his prop replicas are over the likely production cost.

He almost certainly saved a bundle in production costs and R&D by his corner-cutting shortcut of bulk-buying the Matty throwers, rather than actually developing his own.
nkx1 liked this

What I have observed with the cars he sells, is that he buys them cheap and puts almost no money or effort into them and finds a sucker to dump them on. I have seen a couple of the ectomobiles he has built and knew the cars before he bought them. His SOP is to buy the car under $20k put $5-10K in them and then he sells them for $150k.
nkx1 liked this
sprprops wrote: February 8th, 2023, 8:14 pm

What I have observed with the cars he sells, is that he buys them cheap and puts almost no money or effort into them and finds a sucker to dump them on. I have seen a couple of the ectomobiles he has built and knew the cars before he bought them. His SOP is to buy the car under $20k put $5-10K in them and then he sells them for $150k.
Honestly? I only know this Bob guy by reputation around here but my heart isn’t breaking for anyone who spends 150k on an Ecto. If he buys cheap and sells high, good for him. That’s business.

Now if he’s not delivering what he promised? Ok. Bad form. But selling for 150K? I don’t see the problem with that.
kahuna900 liked this
RichardLess wrote: February 10th, 2023, 9:49 pm If he buys cheap and sells high, good for him. That’s business.
RichardLess wrote: February 10th, 2023, 9:49 pmBut selling for 150K? I don’t see the problem with that.
That's taking advantage of people who don't know better.
Would you be happy or think it reasonable if I were to charge you $268 for a can of coke that could be purchased for 76 cents at any regular convenience store?
deadderek, timeware liked this
Kingpin wrote: February 10th, 2023, 10:38 pm
RichardLess wrote: February 10th, 2023, 9:49 pm If he buys cheap and sells high, good for him. That’s business.
RichardLess wrote: February 10th, 2023, 9:49 pmBut selling for 150K? I don’t see the problem with that.
Would you be happy or think it reasonable if I were to charge you $268 for a can of coke that could be purchased for 76 cents at any regular convenience store?
Your more likely to get a fountain drink for .76 at seven eleven then a can of coke though. I think a 20 0z bottle is about running towards 3 bucks these days.
kahuna900 liked this
timeware wrote: February 11th, 2023, 12:58 am Your more likely to get a fountain drink for .76 at seven eleven then a can of coke though. I think a 20 0z bottle is about running towards 3 bucks these days.
I wasn't sure how accurate the google info I found was, thanks for giving me a better idea on things. :)
kahuna900, timeware liked this
No. That’s business. Buy for a dollar, sell for two(or 3 or 4 and so on). How many Apple products do you own? Sony? Samsung? They do far worse things than selling cars for more than what they are worth. And yet I’m sure you still purchase their products. But that’s the game, right? Faceless corporations can get away with it. But when its some nobody? Suddenly it’s “unfair”.

Again. If you have 150k to burn on an Ecto 1 and you don’t do some due diligence of your own? I’m playing the worlds smallest violin for that person.

No one is forcing these people to purchase Ecto 1 for 150K. And so long as they arent defective I see no issue.

I know that he has a bad rep & maybe deservedly. I don’t know enough about the prop world to have an opinion. But selling something for far more than you purchased it for? It happens with houses all the time.
jonogunn, kahuna900 liked this
Videobob / tcbtexas / rcmsales - bobs prop shop - Bob Moseley
Has been banned for recasting Proton Pack shells purchased from Ross Arbuckle. He claims his shells are 100% authentic straight from Universal Studios and therefore his recasts are ok, however his shell was purchased from someone else's copies, which makes them recast. In addition there is some discrepancy as to whether or not the shells are actually related to the real Proton Packs used in the movie, having provided very little proof. Furthermore Videobob has been banned from The RPF (and numerous other sites) for recasting, and has a long history of recasting and stealing Back to the Future parts from others (even from the actual BTTF cars at Universal). He should be avoided by all costs and is by far the #1 person on his blacklist to avoid.

Directly from the blacklist section of the sale forum.
No. That’s business. Buy for a dollar, sell for two(or 3 or 4 and so on). How many Apple products do you own? Sony? Samsung? They do far worse things than selling cars for more than what they are worth. And yet I’m sure you still purchase their products. But that’s the game, right? Faceless corporations can get away with it. But when its some nobody? Suddenly it’s “unfair”.
It's unfair when he's recasting people's work and making false claims like "hey this is original material when it's not." I mean you can buy and recast whatever props you come across E-Bay or Etsy, third parties, but it's still shit practice. It's not going to surprise me in the slightest when people start copying the Hasbro shell's. I don't want to sound like I'm beating up on the dude but it's not a one time bad deal he's made.
deadderek, Kingpin liked this
RichardLess wrote: February 11th, 2023, 9:39 pm I know that he has a bad rep & maybe deservedly. I don’t know enough about the prop world to have an opinion.
His reputation is 100% earned, and I invite you to read back through this topic about his exploits before you decide to become his public defender - or at least read the short summary on the opening page detailing what he's been up to since 2012.
timeware wrote: February 11th, 2023, 11:35 pm Videobob / tcbtexas / rcmsales - bobs prop shop - Bob Moseley
Has been banned for recasting Proton Pack shells purchased from Ross Arbuckle. He claims his shells are 100% authentic straight from Universal Studios and therefore his recasts are ok, however his shell was purchased from someone else's copies, which makes them recast. In addition there is some discrepancy as to whether or not the shells are actually related to the real Proton Packs used in the movie, having provided very little proof. Furthermore Videobob has been banned from The RPF (and numerous other sites) for recasting, and has a long history of recasting and stealing Back to the Future parts from others (even from the actual BTTF cars at Universal). He should be avoided by all costs and is by far the #1 person on his blacklist to avoid.

Directly from the blacklist section of the sale forum.
It's unfair when he's recasting people's work and making false claims like "hey this is original material when it's not." I mean you can buy and recast whatever props you come across E-Bay or Etsy, third parties, but it's still shit practice. It's not going to surprise me in the slightest when people start copying the Hasbro shell's. I don't want to sound like I'm beating up on the dude but it's not a one time bad deal he's made.
Well this was about an Ecto 1, right? My statement was about the Ecto 1. Not about anything else he does or doesn’t do.
From what you are saying, if that’s what happened, yeah that’s sketchy but at the same time…none of these people designed much of anything. They are all copying from someone else’s work & that person is Stephen Dane. But again, this is outside my area.

I saw a couple videos with this Bob guy and yeah. I can read him quicker than a colouring book. I wouldn’t buy a crayon off him.
The difference is he is charging $268 for a can of coke that is actually a lead can of urine with a homemade coke label.
deadderek liked this

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Good morning everyone! I have a local toy collect[…]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]