For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: September 17th, 2022, 10:18 am Customisations looks fantastic. Great to see some RGB colours in there. Hope there’s an RGB PKE meter to go with it.

Would be cool if they could throw in some Kenner toy colour combos as well, surely wouldn’t be too difficult to so.
I really hope there's a spectral GB skin color with fully smoky glowy eyes and mouth. I don't care if it's an unlock or dlc, I'd be getting it asap. I always thought the idea of there being ghost Ghostbusters going around busting evil ghosts was a cool idea.
mrmichaelt, zeta otaku liked this
While not my personal liking, I DO hope they have that option there for the people that want it. The RGB uniforms are a FANTASTIC touch and after showing the video to a few friends, they're already making adjustments to their own uniforms with vests and jackets over their jumpsuits.

I also kind of hope there's a way to turn off some visuals. I think in earlier videos they showed, the packs change as you upgrade them. I hope those visuals can be switched off and allows the equipment to remain "stock".
VenomSymbiote liked this
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: September 19th, 2022, 8:16 am Do we know the differences in pre-order bonuses between the physical and digital releases? Debating whether to stick or switch but would like to know which has the best exclusives? Or will all be unlockable anyway?
I don't think we even know what comes with the collector edition yet. Which seems odd to me since we're only a month away from release. I still want it I'm sure but it'd be nice to know what we're getting.
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: September 19th, 2022, 8:16 am Do we know the differences in pre-order bonuses between the physical and digital releases? Debating whether to stick or switch but would like to know which has the best exclusives? Or will all be unlockable anyway?
The Amazon page for the physical version says "advanced access to the following: the Basher Ghost, a Rare Ectoplast Skin, a Remote Trap Vehicle kit, and a Special P.K.E. Meter." while the Epic Games page for the digital version says "Digital Pre-Purchase includes Advance Access to Slimer, Custom Particle Thrower & Proton Pack, and Special Clothing Colorways." That's about it we know right now of in terms of differences, what you have advance access to.
deadderek liked this
To recap and as I'm not decided which version to preorder.

Digital preorder bonus:
Slimer
Custom Particle Thrower & Proton Pack
Special Clothing Colorways

Physical preorder bonus:
The Basher Ghost
Rare Ectoplast Skin
Remote Trap Vehicle KIT
Special P.K.E. Meter

I prefer to buy digital in general, but the bonuses are way better with the physical edition. Hmm.
timeware wrote: September 24th, 2022, 8:28 am If I missed it has Illfonic mentioned that you can customize the name tag on the uniform or are they just going to all read rookie? Would be a neat little addition.
Every time we've seen a demo of the game, it's featured custom names on the player characters. I'd wager it's a stage of the character setup we haven't seen yet.
Ecto24601 wrote: September 23rd, 2022, 6:37 am To recap and as I'm not decided which version to preorder.

Digital preorder bonus:
Slimer
Custom Particle Thrower & Proton Pack
Special Clothing Colorways

Physical preorder bonus:
The Basher Ghost
Rare Ectoplast Skin
Remote Trap Vehicle KIT
Special P.K.E. Meter

I prefer to buy digital in general, but the bonuses are way better with the physical edition. Hmm.
As part of the marketing there should be a simple banner visualising the different pre-order bonuses per version.

If all those bonuses can be unlocked via gameplay progression then it makes sense to go digital for me.
If any of the physical edition extras (eg. Special PKE meter) are actually exclusive to physical, then obviously that makes more sense.

I'm impatient, and with the game launching in just over 3 weeks it really would be great to know this stuff heading in.
Kingpin liked this
I would be surprised if it ties into the new movie at all. It would be nice in thinking that we get to see the new characters, new team carry over into the new film.

Maybe Jason will borrow a few ideas but, and that's a big hairy butt...I don't see Unleashed tying into Fire House. If the games longevity lives past the Firehouse release date (online mode) I can see the addition of new skins, vehicles and misc. DLC.
One time wrote: September 24th, 2022, 2:48 pm Wouldn’t it make sense that this ties into the new movie in a way?
The issue is that the Spirits Unleashed production team, without having any knowledge of what "Firehouse"/"Ghostbusters 4" will feature will have to invent a lot of its own content, which will almost certainly end up contradicting "Firehouse"/"Ghostbusters 4" in some ways... Either in small areas, or honking great big ones. The most obvious one already is the apparent absence of Phoebe, Trevor or Callie (and by extension Podcast, Lucky and Gary)'s involvement in the company being revived.

Conversely, if "Firehouse"/"Ghostbusters 4" were to borrow anything from Spirits: Unleashed, it would have to either be small-scale stuff, or have something visually based on something from the game... It's unlikely they'd borrow any plot points or characters from the game as they may tangle up the planned plotlines for the new movie - and they'd also likely have to get permission/a sign off from Illfonic to feature versions of those characters.

What'll likely happen is that Spirits Unleashed will exist as a divergent/alternate continuity, like Ghostbusters: The Video Game, operating as "2022A" to Afterlife/"Firehouse"'s prime 2022, to borrow Back to the Future parlance.
deadderek liked this
jonogunn wrote: September 25th, 2022, 6:15 am Not everything ghostbusters related HAS to be connected…
Thankfully.
Kingpin wrote: September 25th, 2022, 5:25 am Conversely, if "Firehouse"/"Ghostbusters 4" were to borrow anything from Spirits: Unleashed, it would have to either be small-scale stuff, or have something visually based on something from the game... It's unlikely they'd borrow any plot points or characters from the game as they may tangle up the planned plotlines for the new movie - and they'd also likely have to get permission/a sign off from Illfonic to feature versions of those characters.
I think any similarities will be incidental. I'm sure Winston in charge will be misinterpreted as being forced on Illfonic to adapt from the movie whereas we've known Winston being an exec in charge of Ghostbusters has been considered ever since the ending of GB1 and they could taken a cue from that originally.
Kingpin wrote: September 25th, 2022, 5:25 am What'll likely happen is that Spirits Unleashed will exist as a divergent/alternate continuity.
Luckily, from the start Illfonic said that.
Kingpin, deadderek liked this

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]