Discuss the upcoming 4th movie, Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire to be released in March 2024.
BatDan wrote: September 18th, 2022, 6:15 am New to me..but the Project is IMDB official.

Just Rudd, Carrie, McKenna and Finn as the attached cast so far.

No Logan, Celeste, or OGs yet. Time will tell.
The key phrase of course being "IMDB official".
It still surprises me that in 2022 people think Imdb is some sort of official news source.
mrmichaelt, Davideverona, timeware and 1 others liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 2:38 am
Davideverona wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 1:33 am Some updates from Production Weekly, looks like Firehouse will start filming this spring!
Cheers for that. Actual news, lol.

But... spring? Ok, I'm hopeful but that sounds like the release date will be pushed to 2024.
My exact thoughts. Unless they have a really fast post production given that all the fx kinks should have been resolved prepping Afterlife.
Davideverona wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 1:33 am
My exact thoughts. Unless they have a really fast post production given that all the fx kinks should have been resolved prepping Afterlife.
yeah, I know I said it somewhere here but I always felt they should just release it on June 7, 2024 to coincide with the 40th anniversary.
Davideverona, deadderek liked this
They are building, or re-building sets that have already been used. Even if the farm house is in a new location they already have the blue prints to recreate them. The firehouse shouldn't take to long to construct and if they refresh the Ecto that shouldn't be a long process either. I wouldn't start speculating on a date change until something official is announced.

Unless a new Covid variant rears it's ugly head it should be smooth sailing.
I'm not worried about the movie being pushed, I think they planned this waaay ahead of time and started early pre-production.
deadderek, mrmichaelt liked this
timeware wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 7:49 am They are building, or re-building sets that have already been used. Even if the farm house is in a new location they already have the blue prints to recreate them. The firehouse shouldn't take to long to construct and if they refresh the Ecto that shouldn't be a long process either. I wouldn't start speculating on a date change until something official is announced.

Unless a new Covid variant rears it's ugly head it should be smooth sailing.
“Smooth sailing”

Here’s what making a movie is like. The train is barreling down on you & you are still laying track just as it’s about it hit.

There’s a good chance they move the date. I hope they don’t. Anyone who wants this franchise to do well should pray it keeps a Christmas time slot. Movies have massive legs during that time of year. In June you get one weekend and then something else comes to take your thunder unless you make something realllly special(See Top Gun Maverick.

While the 40th anniversary is in June 2024 getting emotionally tied to a date because of an arbitrary anniversary isn’t in the movies best interest. There’s a lot of goodwill from audiences with the latest movie. Don’t waste it on a date that you’ll get one decent weekend on and then get lost in the summer shuffle of super hero movies. If they think they can make a December 2023 date(and it seems they do given Sony just moved a bunch of titles around and this wasn’t one) it should tells us the kind of movie they are making. It likely won’t be big. Not with that time.
Fast productions are not unprecedented(especially this franchise) but it leaves less room for fine tuning.

Should be an exciting couple of months. We should start hearing casting/shooting locations soon. California has a tax lottery system in place so that movies that shoot in California can stay competitive with places that have tax rebates. If Sony applies for this and wins we will get some good info out of it. The approval date is in March so I think Sony is banking on this given the start date could be around then.
mrmichaelt, timeware liked this
Ok, I'm looking at the PW image.

-Does the "6/30/22" in the upper right mean that was the start of pre-production?

-Producers listed Helen Estabrook and Eric Reich, writer listed is Gil Kenan, director listed is Jason Reitman, line producer is Michael Beugg, only Ernie Hudson listed for cast, casting director is John Papsidera
--logline reads "The last time we saw Ecto-1, it was driving back into Manhattan: the home of Ghostbusters. That's where our story begins."
--Beugg was an EP on Afterlife, Papsidera was also casting on Afterlife
--Estabrook, worked with Reitman before on his movies like Juno, Up in the Air, The Front Runner

I also wonder if this spring 2023 could be a start of a chunk of filming in a different location from elsewhere?
Like if they start someplace around Holidays/January then a move to a new area for more?
Afterlife barely filmed for 3 months late July-Mid October, so if production is moving along they could absolutely still make Dec 2023 date.
deadderek liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 7:15 pm Ok, I'm looking at the PW image.

-Does the "6/30/22" in the upper right mean that was the start of pre-production?

-Producers listed Helen Estabrook and Eric Reich, writer listed is Gil Kenan, director listed is Jason Reitman, line producer is Michael Beugg, only Ernie Hudson listed for cast, casting director is John Papsidera
--logline reads "The last time we saw Ecto-1, it was driving back into Manhattan: the home of Ghostbusters. That's where our story begins."
--Estabrook, worked with Reitman before on his movies like Juno, Up in the Air, The Front Runner

The 6/30/22 date is when the project entered ACTIVE DEVELOPMENT, as signaled by the little star near the date. Before that it was in DEVELOPMENT.

I don't know what is the difference between the two, but that's what Production Weekly explains.

EDIT

that's what I found about the two definitions

In development, a preliminary budget is made, key cast are attached, key creatives are chosen, main locations scouted and multiple script drafts may be written. It's all the groundwork to show what the project will be and how much it will cost to make.

In active development it currently exists in the database, has an established filmography or is attached to an established writer, director, producer and/or actor.
mrmichaelt liked this
Davideverona wrote: September 23rd, 2022, 12:38 am
mrmichaelt wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 7:15 pm Ok, I'm looking at the PW image.

The 6/30/22 date is when the project entered ACTIVE DEVELOPMENT, as signaled by the little star near the date. Before that it was in DEVELOPMENT.

I don't know what is the difference between the two, but that's what Production Weekly explains.

EDIT

that's what I found about the two definitions

In development, a preliminary budget is made, key cast are attached, key creatives are chosen, main locations scouted and multiple script drafts may be written. It's all the groundwork to show what the project will be and how much it will cost to make.

In active development it currently exists in the database, has an established filmography or is attached to an established writer, director, producer and/or actor.
I don’t think it has anything to do with development.
mrmichaelt liked this
Davideverona wrote: September 23rd, 2022, 12:38 am The 6/30/22 date is when the project entered ACTIVE DEVELOPMENT, as signaled by the little star near the date. Before that it was in DEVELOPMENT.

EDIT: that's what I found about the two definitions

Thank you for doing the digging on that, Davideverona.

It's curious how many drafts they have completed so far.

-They said they came up with the story for the sequel during production on Afterlife. We know Afterlife ended principal photography on October 17, 2019.

-By October 13, 2021, Ernie Hudson commented he heard they were writing the next movie.

-On December 14, 2021, Gil Kenan mentioned he and Jason Reitman were in "very active detailed conversations" about where the next Ghostbusters could go.

-On April 25, 2022, Tom Rothman announced a sequel was in the works.

-On GB Day 2022 (June 8th), Gil and Jason mentioned they were still writing.

-On June 28, 2022, the December 23, 2022 date is announced.

So we are on the verge of a good 3 years they could have been working on this sequel and essentially doing concepts, previs, drafts, and preproduction in "secret." So true, that does lend to the notion that they can still make this December 2023 date.

For Afterlife, we know they did location scouting in April 2019, 6 months before principal. In theory, we might see some location scouting for the sequel teased as early as next month. That is if they haven't already done it. I guess time to start snooping around on social media, like Steelberg's, lol.
mrmichaelt wrote: September 23rd, 2022, 2:17 amThank you for doing the digging on that, Davideverona.

It's curious how many drafts they have completed so far.

-They said they came up with the story for the sequel during production on Afterlife. We know Afterlife ended principal photography on October 17, 2019.

-By October 13, 2021, Ernie Hudson commented he heard they were writing the next movie.

-On December 14, 2021, Gil Kenan mentioned he and Jason Reitman were in "very active detailed conversations" about where the next Ghostbusters could go.

-On April 25, 2022, Tom Rothman announced a sequel was in the works.

-On GB Day 2022 (June 8th), Gil and Jason mentioned they were still writing.

-On June 28, 2022, the December 23, 2022 date is announced.

So we are on the verge of a good 3 years they could have been working on this sequel and essentially doing concepts, previs, drafts, and preproduction in "secret." So true, that does lend to the notion that they can still make this December 2023 date.

For Afterlife, we know they did location scouting in April 2019, 6 months before principal. In theory, we might see some location scouting for the sequel teased as early as next month. That is if they haven't already done it. I guess time to start snooping around on social media, like Steelberg's, lol.
And Audouy too.

They started filming in July, so they were scouting 3 months before principal shooting started. BUT they released a teaser in January, so they were already in deep pre production. I think we should start hearing something in the next couple of months.
Glad we finally got some news..and some confirmation on Ernies involvement. Fingers crossed this is the “Zeddemore” centric story that Jasons been hinting at. Do you think we will see Winstons family? Perhaps they do a “handing down family business” type story?

Afterlife was more of “discovering your roots” story.

Was beginning to develop a conspiracy theory that this would become “the new GB3” but with a purpose. Use the unmade film as a front to hold the rights indefinitely.
Davideverona wrote: September 23rd, 2022, 3:46 am And Audouy too.

They started filming in July, so they were scouting 3 months before principal shooting started. BUT they released a teaser in January, so they were already in deep pre production. I think we should start hearing something in the next couple of months.
He's attached to the Green Lantern Corps series so I'm not so sure Audouy will be back for this movie.

Ah, thanks. I meant 3 months, not 6. True, though that teaser was kind of it's own mini-production in the States, it was pretty much pre-production and them figuring things out. Perhaps by December we'll be hearing things.

BatDan wrote: September 23rd, 2022, 4:12 am Glad we finally got some news..and some confirmation on Ernies involvement. Fingers crossed this is the “Zeddemore” centric story that Jasons been hinting at. Do you think we will see Winstons family? Perhaps they do a “handing down family business” type story?
Yeah, some of us have been thinking along those lines, too. Winston's meeting with Janine seems to on one hand set up the possibility that one of his children will end up a Ghostbuster. It could an interesting sub-plot. Whereas with Phoebe who discovered her part in the legacy of the Ghostbusters, Winston's children would likely know all about it from the start but do they want to embrace it or even be a part of Zeddemore Industries?
Davideverona wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 10:56 pmhttps://comicbook.com/horror/news/ghost ... n-reitman/

McKenna Grace is in it and she doesn't have a clue about the Firehouse story!
Not really surprising. Also I doubt she knows the whole story, but by now she definitely knows a LITTLE something.
mrmichaelt liked this

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]