I was out shopping this afternoon for things entirely unrelated to building my flight suit and happened to stop in Target. They finally have their Halloween stuff out for sale, so I took a look through the entire section. Color me surprised and (a little excited) to find not just kids' GB uniforms but several accessories to go along with them as well. For a third of the price that Spirit's ecto goggles are, you can do a Target run and pick up these beauts for ten bucks
- As with anything, you can mod these to your liking. Plus, if you mess up it's just another ten bucks to grab a new pair.
- Completes your costume in a pinch.
- IMO more accurate-looking than Spirit's offering this season. Casual folks are gonna know what these things are when you wear them.
- Lightweight. You put these on your forehead, they're staying there.
- They don't have lights or sounds.
- Thinner plastic than Spirit's. Still feel sturdy enough to take a little abuse however.
- May require you to buy new elastic if your head is on the larger side.
- You may also wish to add additional padding so you won't get a headache from wearing them too long.
They also have for offer a PKE meter
and ghost trap
. The PKE meter is definitely kid-sized and the arms do not retract or light up. The thing's basically a dummy prop. Same with the trap on the prop end of things, and this one is kinda... comically too large to be right. All the molded knobs are wrong as well.
But again, these'll do for kids just fine, and for us adults if we're in a hell of a pinch and need something
as a placeholder.
All of these items are made by the brand Disguise
, so I'm sure if you're in a Party City or a Wal-Mart, you could find them there now as well. IF this stuff's for you, happy hunting!