For the various Ghostbusters Cartoon series. Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters and more!
d_osborn wrote: February 11th, 2021, 9:42 am
mrmichaelt wrote: February 10th, 2021, 3:52 pm Darkness at Noon, Part 1 was posted this morning! :D
I've officially watched my first episode of EGB-- it's way better than I was anticipating! I loved the scenes in the firehouse. In a way, some of the designs look better than RGB.

Bring on part 2.
What? You haven’t seen EGB? Oh man. You’re so lucky, I wish I could experience it for the first time again. If you don’t wanna wait for the official Youtube upload, the guy who runs Spookcentral website put all 40 episodes up to stream or download. Good quality too.

Here are the best episodes in my opinion:
Deadliners(legit terrifying),
Back in the Saddle Parts 1 & 2,
Grundeleque(a sequel to an RGB episode),
Darkness at Noon Parts 1 & 2,
Kill Joys
Home is Where the Horror Is
Slimer’s Sacrifice

Can you do me a personal favour? If you decide to stick with the show and watch some of these episodes, come back & let us know what you think.

Personally? I think EGB is better than RGB. It’s far darker & scarier but the animation quality is lacking. It’s a really underrated show.
Oh Extreme Ghostbusters is an interesting experience. Like Richardless said I feel the show is a bit underrated. I have definately come to appreciate it even more as time goes on. It was an interesting journey for me, because originally I wasn't terribly fond of the show because I wasn't ready for a new team of Ghostbusters LOL! However it really didn't take me too long to embrace the new characters. I got to appreciate the the new status quo, the young crew would go out on calls and Egon would keep in touch via radio and give them guidence and be mentor to them. It made it that much more special when Egon would occasionally strap on a proton pack and help the new crew.

I enjoyed the new dynamic, but I really didn't follow the show weekly like I did with The Real Ghostbusters. However when I saw the episode Sonic Youth, that is when I really started to look at the show and really come to love it. This episode was a perfect storm for me. The story was great, there was some great dark themes that were never really seen in The Real Ghostbusters and to top it off the containment gets breached and Egon has to help bust some ghosts. I was never fond of the way the new equupment looked, however I thought it looked great when Egon dawned it. LOL! I guess my love for members of the original crew is just hardwired into me.

After that episode I tuned in religously in the hopes that would happen again and the show did not disappoint. Hell infact it got better as it progressed. I have to say if there had to be a finale to the series Back in the Saddle parts 1 and 2 pulled it off.

I find it very funny that this show actually pre dates Batman Beyond by a year. :):):)

For obvious reasons this is my list of recommended episodes

Darkness At Noon 1 & 2
Sonic Youth
Ghost Apocolyptic Future
Ghostmakers
Slimers Sacrifice
Grundlesque
The Crawler
Killjoys
Casting the Runes
Fallout
Till Death Do Us Part
Glutton For Punishment
Heart Of Darkness
A Temporary Insanity
The Sphinx
Back in the Saddle 1 & 2
mrmichaelt liked this
joezlo wrote: March 1st, 2021, 10:14 am There isn't a single bad EGB episode. It was well written, well scored, funny, spooky and a perfect compendium to the first 2 & 1/2 seasons of RGB. NUFF SAID.
I wouldn’t go that far. The Jersey Devil episode isn’t very good.

One thing that annoys with EGB is the nighttime look. Almost half of the 2nd part of Darkness @ Noon has that blue no colour nighttime look and it just...I don’t like it. The animation is so bad on some parts. Whenever the proton packs are used...man. But the writing & characters & atmosphere more than make up for the flaws
RichardLess wrote: March 1st, 2021, 2:45 pm One thing that annoys with EGB is the nighttime look. Almost half of the 2nd part of Darkness @ Noon has that blue no colour nighttime look and it just...I don’t like it.
I can see what they're aiming for. Next time you're in a room, or outdoors and the lighting's real low and there aren't any artificial lights on, things will look a lot more black and white than full colour... Depending on how advanced the evening is you might see a bluish tinge.

The colouring of the night-time shots doesn't bother me, though I do have to wonder why New York appears to be plunged into near total darkness during most of the nighttime sequences in XGB.
Was the city devoid of working street lights, signs or ambient illuminations in 1997? :P
deadderek liked this
Kingpin wrote: March 1st, 2021, 6:11 pm
RichardLess wrote: March 1st, 2021, 2:45 pm One thing that annoys with EGB is the nighttime look. Almost half of the 2nd part of Darkness @ Noon has that blue no colour nighttime look and it just...I don’t like it.
I can see what they're aiming for. Next time you're in a room, or outdoors and the lighting's real low and there aren't any artificial lights on, things will look a lot more black and white than full colour... Depending on how advanced the evening is you might see a bluish tinge.

The colouring of the night-time shots doesn't bother me, though I do have to wonder why New York appears to be plunged into near total darkness during most of the nighttime sequences in XGB.
Was the city devoid of working street lights, signs or ambient illuminations in 1997? :P
Oh I totally get what they are trying to do but it just doesn’t look right. I’m pretty sure it might’ve been a cost saving kind of thing too. Almost half of an episode is lit like that. I’ve always been surprised that other shows didn’t copy what Batman The Animated Series did, which is use black paper rather than white. It helped with the night time sequences. That show has such a beautiful aesthetic to it. Since most of EGB takes place at night, I wonder why they didn’t try something like that.
joezlo wrote: March 1st, 2021, 3:15 pm As a jersey resident & the constant insults it receives in RGB, I enjoyed that one particularly.
This is off topic but right at the exact moment I read this comment the show I was watching, Futurama(episode “I, Roommate”) made a joke about New Jersey. Seriously. What are the odds of that?(probably not as low as one might expect given the constant New Jersey jokes in pop culture). It always weirds me out when things like that happen. Out of all the show & episodes I watched, I happened to land on one that had a joke at New Jersey’s expense right as I’m reading a comment about someone referencing another show making New Jersey jokes. Weird.
AJ Quick wrote: April 30th, 2008, 1:58 am EDIT: Now that the episodes are more widely available as streaming on sites like Hulu and others, we will no longer post links on where to view the episodes.
As of 2021, the XGB Series has been removed from Hulu, but the Official GB Youtube Channel is slowly but surely making every episode free to watch.
[zonarelstudios] wrote: July 27th, 2021, 2:27 pm
AJ Quick wrote: April 30th, 2008, 1:58 am EDIT: Now that the episodes are more widely available as streaming on sites like Hulu and others, we will no longer post links on where to view the episodes.
As of 2021, the XGB Series has been removed from Hulu, but the Official GB Youtube Channel is slowly but surely making every episode free to watch.

Uh no. They stopped uploading episodes. At no point did they say they were going to upload every single episode.
[zonarelstudios] liked this
That they still have episodes of RGB and XGB on the official YouTube channel, when they implied that they would go away at the end of June, makes me wonder if they'll continue to upload more episodes after summer break, especially during the run up to Afterlife. Otherwise, it's bizarre to upload only half the series.
deadderek wrote: July 27th, 2021, 4:16 pm
Uh no. They stopped uploading episodes. At no point did they say they were going to upload every single episode.
Oh, thanks for correcting me. my bad.
But I still wish they kept the show on Hulu, so there was a way to watch the show in it's 40 episode entirety. Especially when Sony didn't bother to release the whole series to DVD here in the USA. :sigh:
deadderek liked this
[zonarelstudios] wrote: July 28th, 2021, 9:49 am
deadderek wrote: July 27th, 2021, 4:16 pm
Oh, thanks for correcting me. my bad.
But I still wish they kept the show on Hulu, so there was a way to watch the show in it's 40 episode entirety. Especially when Sony didn't bother to release the whole series to DVD here in the USA. :sigh:
It is frustrating and I get most people are all about streaming, but I just want to own the damn discs so I can watch and not worry about them being pulled/missing/etc.

Fingers crossed we get EGB on DVD as part of merch coming with Afterlife.
So I started watching this yesterday and when it ended the blue hair chick was Satan and Egon had stage 12 ghost cancer. Then episode 2 pretended that never happened and started being all episodic. I obviously did something wrong or something is missing right. I saw it go from s01e01 to s01e02... W tee eff? :sigh:
BigJoeCool wrote: August 9th, 2021, 11:18 pm So I started watching this yesterday and when it ended the blue hair chick was Satan and Egon had stage 12 ghost cancer. Then episode 2 pretended that never happened and started being all episodic. I obviously did something wrong or something is missing right. I saw it go from s01e01 to s01e02... W tee eff? :sigh:
What was the plot to the episode you watched? It sounds like the upload you were watching is missing Darkness at Noon - Part 2.
BigJoeCool wrote: August 9th, 2021, 11:18 pm So I started watching this yesterday and when it ended the blue hair chick was Satan and Egon had stage 12 ghost cancer. Then episode 2 pretended that never happened and started being all episodic. I obviously did something wrong or something is missing right. I saw it go from s01e01 to s01e02... W tee eff? :sigh:
Yes. You obviously did something wrong.
I started to watch EGB when it started to pop up on YouTube earlier this year. For a while, it appear the GB channel was keeping all the episodes up. I happened to take a break from watching, and was looking to get back into it, but it appears that they now only have 10 or so episodes up. They have the first two, then it jumps to somewhere in the 30s. Did the channel quietly take a bunch of them down (same with RGB)? I know they went on a "summer break", but I was surprised to see a lot missing.
Damn, I feel old as dirt. I remember the premiere well. My friends and I were in junior high and beyond stoked to see a new incarnation of Ghostbusters. Until Extreme Ghostbusters, we literally thought the franchise had died forever with the last season of The Real Ghostbusters. Fast forward 25 years, and we've got two new live-action films (another on the way), the video game, several comics, and countless additional Ghostbusters merchandise...

But still no official DVD release of Extreme Ghostbusters! :angryvigo:
mrmichaelt liked this
jonogunn wrote: September 1st, 2022, 1:43 pm I was never a fan of Eduardo's character. His constant complaining becomes annoying fast.
I don't know if it was an intentional thing on the part of the show's writers, but part of me feels that his complaining as being a bit of a defense mechanism... A means to try act indifferent when actually he cares more than he often shows.

There are some nice character moments featuring him scattered throughout the show, such as the fact he enjoys the books of J. N. Kline, even though they're aimed for a younger audience - and it's his knowledge that ultimately helps identify the Vathek; he helps to turn the tables on Kahlil by filling in the end of the incantation Kylie was trying to invoke, thanks to him discovering it amongst Kahlil's library; he finds the courage to stand up to his brother, defending his team from Carl's continued criticism; and he went into the Containment Unit to rescue Slimer.

Sure, he made a lot of poor decisions, but I'd like to think his being a Ghostbuster gave him a degree of purpose that was previously lacking in his life, and it would've helped steer him towards becoming more responsible as a fully-fledged adult.
mrmichaelt, jonogunn, robbritton and 1 others liked this
Finally an official (US anyways) release. I was in the verge of importing the German Blu ray.

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]