Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
Funny that they used art for the NOW Comics series from way back. Don't know if that's anything indicative or just to avoid conflict with IDW since they must be crestfallen not to be the ones carrying that torch forward.

I really loved what IDW did, and that series kept my interest in Ghostbusters alive when there was nothing else out there for us. Here's hoping Burnham, Schoening, and Delgado are making the jump to Dark Horse for this.

groschopf wrote: June 8th, 2022, 10:13 pm Funny that they used art for the NOW Comics series from way back. Don't know if that's anything indicative or just to avoid conflict with IDW since they must be crestfallen not to be the ones carrying that torch forward.

I really loved what IDW did, and that series kept my interest in Ghostbusters alive when there was nothing else out there for us. Here's hoping Burnham, Schoening, and Delgado are making the jump to Dark Horse for this.

Yeah, this is the one bit of news today I’m just really down about. Erik’s was one of the best voices Ghostbusters ever had and it’s hard not to think that any new comic won’t be found wanting next to the best of the IDW run.
mrmichaelt, zeta otaku, *NormalGamer* and 2 others liked this
robbritton wrote: June 9th, 2022, 12:10 am Erik’s was one of the best voices Ghostbusters ever had and it’s hard not to think that any new comic won’t be found wanting next to the best of the IDW run.
Right? 88mph tried, but made Ray really dour. Other writers at IDW were all over the place. But Burnham really has mastered the voices of the characters. I hear Dan Aykroyd when read the lines he gives Ray. And I really liked the "team of rivals" dynamic he set up with Peck.
joezlo wrote: June 9th, 2022, 8:32 am ... no more Erik & Scheonig? Those comics kept the torch going for years longer than anything else for an extended period of time. Respect is beyond due to those guys.
My thoughts exactly. That crew kept the flame burning and showed us the possibilities of what the franchise could do while staying reverent to the source material without teetering into a fear of expanding the universe.
This portion of last night left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth to be honest. IDW provided the community with one of the best adaptations of the Ghostbusters ever and they kept the torch burning for years. The consistency of storytelling was incredible, not to mention the fantastic artwork.

Seeing it end so unceremoniously this way is rough. Erik, Luis, and Dan are as important to Ghostbusters and JMS in my opinion, maybe even more so.
jonogunn, *NormalGamer*, mrmichaelt and 3 others liked this
joezlo wrote: June 9th, 2022, 8:32 am ... no more Erik & Scheonig? Those comics kept the torch going for years longer than anything else for an extended period of time. Respect is beyond due to those guys.
Well, they haven't said it but sounds like Gil and Jason might write it but they didn't exactly confirm they are nor who's doing the art and colors... so smidge of hope there.
Well I am very saddened that IDW lost the IP. Even if this new Dark Horse comic is supposed to be officially canon with the 1984 film, it doesn't erase the 9 years of stories that we got from IDW. Heck I have enjoyed all the comics that have run. Weather it is NOW Comics, 88MPH, TOKYO POP, IDW, or Dark Horse it will just be another thing to enjoy.

I will miss that run, of all the comics IDW was my favorite. I am really bumbed that we won't see the Ninja Turtles team up With the Ghostbusters one last time. Erik had teased one more story he wanted to tell and I would have loved to see what that would have been.

I hope this mini series is the start of something special. :):):)
mrmichaelt, Kingpin, robbritton and 2 others liked this
While it's good Ghostbusters will get to continue in comic form to a degree, like everyone here has said or hinted at, the IDW team had given me something new to fall in love with... And it isn't the end the series and team deserved after they'd been continuing the Ghostbusters' stories for the better part of a decade.
mrmichaelt, robbritton, philmorgan81 and 1 others liked this
Kingpin wrote: June 10th, 2022, 4:09 am While it's good Ghostbusters will get to continue in comic form to a degree, like everyone here has said or hinted at, the IDW team had given me something new to fall in love with... And it isn't the end the series and team deserved after they'd been continuing the Ghostbusters' stories for the better part of a decade.
You do make an excellent point. This did seem to be an abrupt end to a beautiful partnership. IDW and the rest of the creative crew deserve way better than that.

They really deserve a better send off. Very similar to when they briefly said good bye and went in hiatus in the wake of the 30th Anniversary. Of course after that the crossover events followed along with the International run and I am so glad that they were able to deliver the epic Crossing Over Event.

I am at a loss as to why after such an incredible run would Sony/Ghost Corps end such a great partnership. I am hoping that it was a hard mutual decision and that there is no bad blood. :):):)

It is probably something which we will never know the full story. :):):)
Kingpin liked this
philmorgan81 wrote: June 10th, 2022, 12:09 pm I am at a loss as to why after such an incredible run would Sony/Ghost Corps end such a great partnership. I am hoping that it was a hard mutual decision and that there is no bad blood. :):):)

I think the answer is simple, money. Dark horse offered Sony more money.
Bison256 wrote: June 10th, 2022, 6:54 pm
philmorgan81 wrote: June 10th, 2022, 12:09 pm I am at a loss as to why after such an incredible run would Sony/Ghost Corps end such a great partnership. I am hoping that it was a hard mutual decision and that there is no bad blood. :):):)

I think the answer is simple, money. Dark horse offered Sony more money.
LOL! And here I am sitting here just overthinking. ;):):):)
Last edited by Kingpin on June 11th, 2022, 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrmichaelt wrote: June 10th, 2022, 9:48 pm I got to say it's interesting timing as just a few months ago, Dark Horse announced they're doing Star Wars comics again. I guess they got a cash infusion this year to start swinging for ips and landed Star Wars and Ghostbusters so far.
Aren't they geting the Conan the Barbarian rights again as well?
Last edited by Bison256 on June 11th, 2022, 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
The official Ghostbusters Twitter account detailed the comic's due out towards the end of next year: LINK

It possibly was a little far in advance of the planned release date, but it could be they announced it when they did to add a little bit more "oomph" to the Ghostbusters Day news.
It's possible there may've been some production delays behind the scenes,
deadderek liked this
Kingpin wrote: October 19th, 2022, 4:34 pm The official Ghostbusters Twitter account detailed the comic's due out towards the end of next year: LINK

It possibly was a little far in advance of the planned release date, but it could be they announced it when they did to add a little bit more "oomph" to the Ghostbusters Day news.
It's possible there may've been some production delays behind the scenes,
The END of next year. Hmmmm. Maybe around the release of the next movie?
Peter Venkman Jr. wrote: March 8th, 2023, 2:23 pm Hope that is some more news related to the new comic books series in the near future.
We'll hopefully hear something by June/July, possibly even an update at this year's Ghostbusters Day.
Kingpin wrote: March 8th, 2023, 3:26 pm We'll hopefully hear something by June/July, possibly even an update at this year's Ghostbusters Day.
Agreed we should hear something on Ghostbusters Day. If not, later in the month I think. Since comic book solicits are 3 months ahead (i.e. in February, solicits for comics coming out in May come out). So if this limited series is still slated for late 2023, we should see the first couple solicits by summer.

EDIT 5/22: We're up to August solicits and nothing yet. So we are down to September, October, November, or December, knock wood. December 6 or 13 seems logical, releasing it right before the movie comes out, knock wood.
Kingpin liked this

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]