This trap has really inspired me to up my Ghost trap prop quality; For the past week or so I've been working on a trap pedal using the Charlesworth 3d printed files and kit with the intention of adding it tp the Walmart trap. Its not a full on mod, so I dont think its worth doing a write up or anything since it is essentially a fancy switch replacing the pedal switch the trap came with, but Im happy to say that Im at the point where it works and I thought you guys might like to see my proof of concept.

BRD 527 liked this
Very cool. I'm actually planning on the same thing with the Walmart trap using Charlesworth pedal. I had modded a Spirit Halloween trap last summer with a homemade foot pedal using an arduino, servos and a smoke machine, but I want to try it again for a better result. Thanks for sharing!
I'm in the same boat here. I built a foot pedal from scratch/found Parts. Don't have a 3d printer.
And awaiting my trap from Ebay. The idea is to be able to swap the pedal between the walmart trap and a hero trap that I'm still working on.
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

I now have two of the Walmart traps (eBay...) but still none at my local Walmart.
Neither had any stickers - Did anyone get any stickers in their Walmart Ghost Traps like what comes with the Spirit Halloween pack?

The Spirit Halloween Ghost Trap comes with three stickers: two different sized Red "Danger" stickers and one white "SIDE MM ..." sticker.
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Spongeface wrote:I now have two of the Walmart traps (eBay...) but still none at my local Walmart.
Neither had any stickers - Did anyone get any stickers in their Walmart Ghost Traps like what comes with the Spirit Halloween pack?

The Spirit Halloween Ghost Trap comes with three stickers: two different sized Red "Danger" stickers and one white "SIDE MM ..." sticker.
I picked up two traps at my local walmart here in Dallas. Neither one of them had any stickers.

Spongeface wrote:I now have two of the Walmart traps (eBay...) but still none at my local Walmart.

I don't think the new traps come with stickers
For true power off control, connect the green and the yellow wires to a SPST switch. This will stop power drain while the trap is off.
The white and red wires can removed/ignored, or connecting these together enables the demo mode(no lights in standby). This was what was the "off" option before changing switches.
RHansen liked this
Hi all.
A kind soul stateside has sourced one for me (I’m in the UK) and I’m trying to figure out how much to send for shipping. Can anyone give me the ‘in box’ weight so I can work out the postage please.

Thank you.
By theauton
This Ghostbusters ghost trap is ok for the price but suffers from a major flaw - it is underpowered!
The 2x AA batteries used to power it do not provide sufficient power for the trap to operate.
The one I bought failed to open up even when the batteries were changed.
It was only when I hooked up the ghost trap to a power supply and gave it more juice (about 6V) that it worked.

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]