Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By dantonvfx
Looking forward to hear from you! Between the Amp, mixer and Battery are like 170Cads already :$

I have a question... If I want to place 2 switches on the PP... would it be possible?

Since the switcj from Afterlife its hard to reach if you wear it, I was wondering to instal a second switch more handy for when I have it on me... but the 2 switches need to work corrlatively so I can turn it on/off with any of the 2 switches at any time, and make sure the not used switch keeps working too... how would you sugest to do that?

Cheers
By rolandblais
Sorry, we are not the same person; I thought we were just having a nice chat.

I misunderstood "Thanks so much!

I was wondering how the interconnection..."

As being a response to my post about the shutdown sound.
jonogunn liked this
By rolandblais
>So are you also working on your own afterlife electronics based off Gacabe’s set up?

Kind of. I'm doing a 3d printed pack build, not going specifically for Afterlife, but I prefer the Spinning Cyclotron Effect and sounds.

I am using Cagabe's setup with One Nano each controlling the Powercell lights and Cyclotron, and the soundboard being responsible for startup sound and hum. I changed the amp setup a bit because the Pyle's cost.

As far as code goes, The Powercell is using a snippet from CountDeMonet's Spirit Minimal, because I couldn't, for the life of me, get a decent startup sequence coded. The Cyclotron is using code by Cfunseth, because I liked the ramp-up feature.

I was going to have a third ardiono handle all the timing - powering it on by the crank generator switch, then trigger the startup sound, then the hum on the board when the Powercell switch was git, then stop the hum and play a shutdown sound, but since there's no shutdown sound, I just made a 20 min loop of the startup and the hum. Given the size of the files, that's about as long as I could get into the 16MB flash on the card. Putting everything on one common switch worked in my proof-of -concept test, so I think it'll be good in the pack.

The Pack's pretty much completed; I need to fill and sand a bunch, then as soon as the weather warms up, paint!

Is yours still in the planning stages or have you started?
jonogunn liked this
By jonogunn
Wow thanks for all that info. I look forward to seeing your build progress! And if you code and set up is easy enough to follow I’ll definitely hop on board if u don’t mind

I fell in love with the spinning cyclotron lights from afterlife. And having it start from a slow ramp to coincide with the start up sound from afterlife exactly like Gucabe did is ideal to what I want. My only complain is the I feel the max speed is too fast standby lights should be a little slower while the max speed can be saved for firing.

Anyways I’m at an in between in my living situation right now and don’t have access to my 3D printer and stuff isn’t on me. I’ve been eager and dying to get started though.
rolandblais liked this
Any update, friend?
Hiya!

The proof of concept worked - Adafruit Soundboard, 15 Watt amp, common power for arduinos, and a thrift store speaker. Wasn't super loud, but it workes. :-) Still need to assemble, fill, sand, and paint the shell. I got distracted by making the interior, but now that it's pretty much completed, back to the pack proper. Filling and sanding was intimidating, but last week I tried Ben Edie's tip for smoothing prints and it worked extremely well. Things got busy in other areas of life but hopefully I can get back to working on the pack more regularly.

Looks like your build is coming along nicely!
Jimsy33 liked this
By jonogunn
rolandblais wrote:
Any update, friend?
Hiya!

The proof of concept worked - Adafruit Soundboard, 15 Watt amp, common power for arduinos, and a thrift store speaker. Wasn't super loud, but it workes. :-) Still need to assemble, fill, sand, and paint the shell. I got distracted by making the interior, but now that it's pretty much completed, back to the pack proper. Filling and sanding was intimidating, but last week I tried Ben Edie's tip for smoothing prints and it worked extremely well. Things got busy in other areas of life but hopefully I can get back to working on the pack more regularly.

Looks like your build is coming along nicely!
That looks amazing!!

No I’m still in the printing process of my q pack. I gained some experience with my first foam pack so now I know what to look out for.

Do you have a video showing off the afterlife spinning lights and possible the code and instructions to setting it up for myself? This is my main concern as I really want the spinning lights but don’t know how to implement them.
Do you have a video showing off the afterlife spinning lights and possible the code and instructions to setting it up for myself? This is my main concern as I really want the spinning lights but don’t know how to implement them.
I'll put something together today.
Hasbro Ghostbusters

Ghostbusters News just announced this today,https:[…]

135. SFX Smoking Ghost Trap GHOSTBUSTERS II (1[…]

I flip the two on bar graph then flip the activate[…]

It's just beautiful. So nice t see it coming toge[…]