Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
Anyone else get sick and tired of this bs ? On instagram I keep getting pictures of Finn Wolfhard that are non ghostbusters related or pictures of people that just tag ghostbusters even though nothing related to ghostbusters is in the picture or message.

Just gets frustrating as now I have to scroll through all this garbage I could care less about instead of just reading posts about ghostbusters related stuff.
Another grumpy old man reporting in :wink:

Actually i'm totally with you about the suckiness of misleading use of tags for pure additional attention... this erodes somehow pretty much the actual usefulness and function of tags in general. I personally try to be as precise about which tags may be useful and/or relevant to the provided content as possible. Sadly quite a lot of other users of the platforms are wayyyyy less thoughtful about this. Just like: if just everything is "highly recommended and advertised to you"; you'll probably ignore it all (just to survive and not become insane)....

Anyways... in the case of Finn Wolfhard especially, i's suggest to be a bit more forgiving, 'bout that, because well - due to "Ghostbusters: Afterlife" he indeed IS part of the francise now and people will associate this with seeing his face.

For example: i remenber in some interview Dan Aykroyd complained some time ago about, how wherever he is on any location for whatever reason, there'll always folks show up dressed as ghostbusters 'n stuff, even when there's no actual topic-related reason (e.q. he's on a tour to promote his vodka-brand of anything alike). So people tend to remember certain persons (especially actors) in a certain context - this is quite normal i guess and we shouldn't be bothered too much by this. Just some random pic of Arnold Schwarzenegger on a chair at the beach has a high chance of being tagged with "Conan", "Twins" or even "Commando"... you get the idea :wink::-P

Just my two cents: the truth lies (like so often) somewhere in between. Yes - misleading use of tags sucks a lot and should be handled more carefully, but Finn Wolfhard tagged as anything "ghostbusters", i wouldn't consider such misuse.

best wishes and keep on bustin' :-D
WCat2000 wrote: April 21st, 2022, 9:08 pm Did Dan Aykroyd actually complain about people showing up to things as GB when it had nothing to do with it? Every time I’ve heard him mention this he seems happy about it.
Hmm... i cannot find, nor name the correct interview, i'm referring to and ...well - of course the term "complained" may be exaggerated by my imagination. :wink: At least in my individual perception it came across as something he found at least a little bit "irritating" or sometimes "out of place" ... anyways - the point wanted to illustrate is: there definately ARE signature-characters/roles, for which certain actors become (in)famous or widely known and this will stick to them, (whether they like it or not) and they will always be associated with by somebody. That's just the way it is.

So - as long as this association is in fact not completely wrong, i think one shouldn't be bothered too much by it, just because he/she has a different/preferred association with somebody (e.g. "Stranger Things" rather than "Ghostbusters" etc. - ) :)
WCat2000 liked this

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]