I have found some parts on ebay or etsy. But I haven't seen any upgraded side plates. I know there was some aluminum ones in the store but they are out of stock now. I'm looking to upgrade the trap cosmetically for now and extend the pedal wire to add an accurate pedal and cable. I plan on disconnecting the demo mode so it stays off and doesn't drain the batteries. I'll replace the slider switch with a toggle.

I'm shooting for as GB1 accurate as possible. This is my first venture with soldering and modifying any electronics. Does anyone sell a sound and lighting kit that will work for the Rubies trap?

I'm interested in hearing what you guys have done to your traps. Thanks in advance.
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

I, personally, just painted the side panels with chrome spray paint and got the Trap Upgrade kit from spongefacemcgee on eBay. It has three cut panels for the two smaller side panels and the front panel of the trap. It also includes a better power switch and a more accurate light for the power light. Also includes accurate screws and a couple of other panels to get it to about 90-97% screen accurate. I have one of the older traps from 2019-2020 and I know Rubies moved to another totally different circuit board from the one I have.This is a link to the upgrade kit.
Smokey7486 liked this
This is what I did for my Trap, which I'm currently repairing. Mainly went for a GB1/Afterlife look, and I added some more accurate knobs and resistors that I found. I'm also working on a plan for a better foot pedal design. Doesn't need to be 100% accurate to the original design, but definitely looking to make it appear like it came off of Egon's workbench. Maybe something like a cross between the original foot pedals, and the one on the outside of the farm.

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]