Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By EvilAsh82
So I’m currently modifying my Lego firehouse and I’m scrolling through a lot of floor plans and images of the place, and have just done a play through on the remaster video game. I just noticed there are only 2 floors in the game but I see 3 floors everywhere else. What’s the deal?
By mrmichaelt
I can't speak for the remastered version, but in the original version of Ghostbusters: The Video Game you are allowed to explore the first floor (garage bay, Janine's desk, Peter's desk), the second floor (billiards table, sleeping quarters, bathroom), the basement, and the sub-basement. There is a ladder to the third floor (mentioned briefly by the real estate agent in the first movie) right when you start on the 2nd floor but you can't access it.

The third floor I think has only "officially" shown up in the IDW comics, what the artist did is basically take the big computer console that's on the 2nd floor of the Wii version of The Video Game and put it on the third floor.

One other time we ever saw the 3rd floor was the birthday party scene in GB2. That was the third floor of the LA firehouse (Fire Station No. 23), dressed as the interior of the brownstone home.
By EvilAsh82
Thank for the reply. yeah the remaster is the same, with the ladder up (which I thought was roof access). Ok so I understand to fit all the stuff in that’s why the Lego set has the 3 floors. Was just curious as I never heard anyone question the floor space in reviews. Thanks again
By Kingpin
It was definitely a resource-saving decision not model the top floor of the Firehouse, on top of the fact we never got a look at the third floor of the Firehouse (filling the role of the Firehouse) in the movies - they could save time and effort by limiting the character/plot action to the apparatus bay, the dormitory on the first floor, and the two basement levels.
By Winston1986
mrmichaelt wrote: February 11th, 2022, 6:36 pm I can't speak for the remastered version, but in the original version of Ghostbusters: The Video Game you are allowed to explore the first floor (garage bay, Janine's desk, Peter's desk), the second floor (billiards table, sleeping quarters, bathroom), the basement, and the sub-basement. There is a ladder to the third floor (mentioned briefly by the real estate agent in the first movie) right when you start on the 2nd floor but you can't access it.

The third floor I think has only "officially" shown up in the IDW comics, what the artist did is basically take the big computer console that's on the 2nd floor of the Wii version of The Video Game and put it on the third floor.

One other time we ever saw the 3rd floor was the birthday party scene in GB2. That was the third floor of the LA firehouse (Fire Station No. 23), dressed as the interior of the brownstone home.
Funnily enough, I assumed the ladder was a nod to the Real Ghostbusters episode Adventures in Slime and Space where they go up said ladder to the roof where they meet Giant Slimer.

I have a full sized spirit pack, and I have the gh[…]

If you need any clarification at all, PM me or […]

Proton Props UK

Good decision to lift the ban! By the way: I think[…]

I'd use some putty. Yeah. I'm sorry, I'm not […]