Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
So there's now a video full of these on the Blu Ray, and an indication that there are other eggs not mentioned in the video

One I can think of - the way the mini pufts burn at the end when looking through the car window - specifically their facial expression - is the same as when Stay Puft burns in 84.

Any others?
UEF wrote: February 2nd, 2022, 3:26 am So there's now a video full of these on the Blu Ray, and an indication that there are other eggs not mentioned in the video

One I can think of - the way the mini pufts burn at the end when looking through the car window - specifically their facial expression - is the same as when Stay Puft burns in 84.

Any others?
lol, that special feature was so cute. It was obviously a starter and they picked the easiest easter eggs.

One of my favorites was the serious metal fatigue callback on Egon's notes about Callie's dorm room when she looks at this poster board about her life.
Bison256 wrote: January 21st, 2022, 4:19 am
mrmichaelt wrote: January 20th, 2022, 5:06 pm
Eric is not "Sony's PR guy". He is officially the Brand & Franchise Executive at GhostCorps.

I'll post a redacted grab of the email, taking away our email addresses if that helps, One time.
Sounds like public relations to me. He comes across as "eh sure whatever." Sorry if that come across as snarky, I don't like corporate types much from past experiences.
More like it’s not the answer you wanted and so you try to justify it with “I don’t like corporate types”.

I find all kinds of discrimination wrong. Saying “you don’t like corporate types” when you have zero idea what this person is about is so dismissive and disrespectful it borders on offensive. So the guy works for a corporation, what’s your problem? He’s answering a fans question. Do you have any idea how many people would ignore emails like that? Buddy takes the time to respond and what does he get from you? “I don’t like corporate types. He sounds like a PR guy”. What in that email says “eh sure whatever” to you?

The game isn’t canon. Get over it.

It doesn’t make the game any less playable. It doesn’t erase it from history. Plus no one can police what you think in your head. If you want it to be canon…guess what? Make it so.

Ghostbusters isn’t Star Wars ladies and gentlemen. The idea of “canon” is kind of hilarious given the irreverent nature of the franchise(pre GBA anyways).
Dr.D, Kingpin, Sav C and 2 others liked this
I watched Afterlife again for the first time since seeing it in the cinema… I think knowing that the first half - 2/3rds of the film is a little slow (with good reason to build the new characters) allowed me to love it even more.

For some reason I really started welling up at the end… absolutely love the film, have ordered the Ultimate box set and am now watching OG GB. Damn I love this franchise!!!
Kingpin liked this
RichardLess wrote: February 3rd, 2022, 9:50 am
Bison256 wrote: January 21st, 2022, 4:19 am
Sounds like public relations to me. He comes across as "eh sure whatever." Sorry if that come across as snarky, I don't like corporate types much from past experiences.
More like it’s not the answer you wanted and so you try to justify it with “I don’t like corporate types”.

I find all kinds of discrimination wrong. Saying “you don’t like corporate types” when you have zero idea what this person is about is so dismissive and disrespectful it borders on offensive. So the guy works for a corporation, what’s your problem? He’s answering a fans question. Do you have any idea how many people would ignore emails like that? Buddy takes the time to respond and what does he get from you? “I don’t like corporate types. He sounds like a PR guy”. What in that email says “eh sure whatever” to you?

It doesn’t make the game any less playable. It doesn’t erase it from history. Plus no one can police what you think in your head. If you want it to be canon…guess what? Make it so.

Ghostbusters isn’t Star Wars ladies and gentlemen. The idea of “canon” is kind of hilarious given the irreverent nature of the franchise(pre GBA anyways).
If this is truly what you think why did you bother posting? Why do you care so much about what I believe? There's room for it the to fit, so I consider it to have happened. How does that effect you?
Bison256 wrote: February 5th, 2022, 9:21 am There's room for it the to fit, so I consider it to have happened. How does that effect you?
It's not about whether there's room for it to fit, it's the fact you seemed pretty dismissive of Eric's response and his position within Ghost Corps/Sony.
deadderek liked this
Kingpin wrote: February 5th, 2022, 9:46 am
Bison256 wrote: February 5th, 2022, 9:21 am There's room for it the to fit, so I consider it to have happened. How does that effect you?
It's not about whether there's room for it to fit, it's the fact you seemed pretty dismissive of Eric's response and his position within Ghost Corps/Sony.
While pardon me for not bowing to corporate. This is the same company who spoke down to us for not likeing the 2016 reboot. Pardon my scepticism now.
They simply called what they and many others clearly saw on that issue and some of you didn't like it. If you felt spoken down to, they probably weren't addressing you.

As for TVG, I *think* i posted the first way it could be shoehorned into canon on the main thread, and even then I had the sense to note it clearly wasn't actually canon anymore. It isn't bowing to anything other than common sense. Eric Reich has gone out of his way to accommodate a lot of us on here, and has given us no real reason to doubt his motivations.
Kingpin, deadderek liked this
Bison256 wrote: February 5th, 2022, 9:49 am While pardon me for not bowing to corporate. This is the same company who spoke down to us for not likeing the 2016 reboot. Pardon my scepticism now.
What Sony said about people who didn't like the 2016 movie is irrelevant.
Eric was asked about the game's canon status and the answer was given. You're perfectly free to disagree with him, as there's something he's stated about Afterlife that I don't agree with... But just because you disagree with what he's said about the game doesn't mean it's fair to brand him some mindless corporate drone.

He's just the messenger, not the decision maker.
deadderek liked this
I find it difficult to understand why it’s so important for some for the game to be canon, if anything it exists to cause confusion at this point (as much as I enjoyed it).
Moving on from that, was there a reason for the Ectomobile to have the original 1984 license plate instead of the 1986-2000 plate from Ghostbusters 2 besides making the reference shot of pulling out of the garage more evident? I can understand why the original Ectomobile is present in the film, but not the original license plate.
The Searcher wrote: February 5th, 2022, 1:20 pm I find it difficult to understand why it’s so important for some for the game to be canon
A large part of it is that the video game is Harold's last performance as Egon, and for years it was the closest to a third movie we thought we'd get. It captured the tone of the first two films and felt authentic for having a good chunk of the original cast come back to reprise their roles... So it understandably generated a lot of goodwill and fondness within the community.
The Searcher wrote: February 5th, 2022, 1:20 pmMoving on from that, was there a reason for the Ectomobile to have the original 1984 license plate instead of the 1986-2000 plate from Ghostbusters 2 besides making the reference shot of pulling out of the garage more evident?
There was no reason given.
deadderek, robbritton liked this
Bison256 wrote: February 5th, 2022, 9:21 am
RichardLess wrote: February 3rd, 2022, 9:50 am

If this is truly what you think why did you bother posting? Why do you care so much about what I believe? There's room for it the to fit, so I consider it to have happened. How does that effect you?
Why did i bother posting? Last time I checked you made a post on a public forum. If someone says or does something ignorant, rude, obnoxious, or something I just generally disagree with, I’m going to comment on it. Saying you can’t stand “corporate” people when you have no idea what this Eric person is like? Not cool. That’s a pretty ignorant thing to say. Especially when the guy is willing to interact with fans and answer questions. That’s not something most people in his position are willing to do.

The game isn’t canon. End of story. You have someone in a position of authority telling you this but that’s not what you wanted. If Eric had said “The game is canon” somehow I don’t think his “corporateness” would be an issue for you.

Again, if you want to pretend in your own world it’s canon? Cool. Go ahead. Have fun. That’s the beauty of the mind, no one can police it. But there’s also an official answer for anyone who wants to go by that.
Kingpin, zeta otaku, robbritton and 2 others liked this
Dan Aykroyd created Ghostbusters.

I'll go with Dan Aykroyd's word over some Sony executive any day:

https://www.denofgeek.com/games/why-the ... ird-movie/

https://www.reddit.com/r/patientgamers/ ... ideo_game/

https://www.mtv.com/news/2459250/dan-ay ... ird-movie/

https://www.cbr.com/ghostbusters-video- ... al-sequel/

It seems people who deny the game are people who condescend videogames.

If the creator of Ghostbusters says it's canon, it's canon. No matter what company executives say.

Then again how can anyone, who calls themselves a true (i.e. 35 year long) fan of Ghostbusters deny a product that includes all 4 actors (right before Harold Ramis died) who have performed 60 hours of acting and is called canon by the
-actual creator- of Ghostbusters is beyond me.

A product that actually includes -you- as the 5th Ghostbuster, interacting with the actual original 4 actors (Murray, Aykroyd, Ramis and Hudson) for 60 hours.
RichardLess wrote: February 7th, 2022, 6:27 am
Bison256 wrote: February 5th, 2022, 9:21 am
Why did i bother posting? Last time I checked you made a post on a public forum. If someone says or does something ignorant, rude, obnoxious, or something I just generally disagree with, I’m going to comment on it. Saying you can’t stand “corporate” people when you have no idea what this Eric person is like? Not cool. That’s a pretty ignorant thing to say. Especially when the guy is willing to interact with fans and answer questions. That’s not something most people in his position are willing to do.

The game isn’t canon. End of story. You have someone in a position of authority telling you this but that’s not what you wanted. If Eric had said “The game is canon” somehow I don’t think his “corporateness” would be an issue for you.

Again, if you want to pretend in your own world it’s canon? Cool. Go ahead. Have fun. That’s the beauty of the mind, no one can police it. But there’s also an official answer for anyone who wants to go by that.
Even with Eric saying the game isn't canon I would like to see the next game establish a video game universe that doesn't just follow the event's of Afterlife. It would be awesome to be able to play as the rookie again, or see if he's passed the torch to someone new himself. I can get behind a video game universe separate from the films.

(If we didn't have ATC, or Afterlife the game would still be considered Ghostbusters 3. Just saying.)

(2016 cast as DLC, Extreme Ghostbusters, Afterlife as DLC, Real Ghostbusters as DLC, customizable avatars. I want the freaking works. I want the new Ghostbusters game to have a long life like Grand Theft Auto V online. Updates, New Content Etc...)

In regards to Eric it's a rarity these days that we get someone as high up the company ladder like him to even socialize with fans instead of wagging their fingers at the fans if their projects go south. This is someone you want to be in charge of things.

What fun would it be to begin the video game with a mission that takes place right after the events of the last game then drops you into the present? Being able to switch between the younger OG's and the older OG's would really be something!
One time wrote: February 24th, 2022, 6:38 pm Dan Aykroyd created Ghostbusters.

https://www.denofgeek.com/games/why-the ... ird-movie/

https://www.reddit.com/r/patientgamers/ ... ideo_game/

https://www.mtv.com/news/2459250/dan-ay ... ird-movie/

https://www.cbr.com/ghostbusters-video- ... al-sequel/

It seems people who deny the game are people who condescend videogames.

If the creator of Ghostbusters says it's canon, it's canon. No matter what company executives say.

Then again how can anyone, who calls themselves a true (i.e. 35 year long) fan of Ghostbusters deny a product that includes all 4 actors (right before Harold Ramis died) who have performed 60 hours of acting and is called canon by the

A product that actually includes -you- as the 5th Ghostbuster, interacting with the actual original 4 actors (Murray, Aykroyd, Ramis and Hudson) for 60 hours.
Those articles are close to a decade old. Back then, yeah, the franchise was in a much murkier place. No movie on the horizon, nothing. The game, to us, kinda came out of no where. The game WAS canon, now it isn't.

I love the game, I play it at least once every two months. I love the comics and re-read the IDW line often. I love Afterlife and I've been watching it as often as I can.

The horse is long dead, but I'll beat it again so the glue is smoother. With where Afterlife picks up, with the facts were given, the game couldn't have happened without some major leaps in logic. Putting aside the massive amounts of collateral and expensive damage done by Gozer's second coming, Shandor kills or critically weakens Gozer because he was just done with worshipping a god that failed twice, so Shandor took over. Why would he go back to worshipping Gozer again in Afterlife AFTER he had become a god himself?

The comics absolutely can't occur. Afterlife states that Ghostbusting had drastically slowed down, yet in the comics the team expanded, there was a training camp (of sorts) in Burbank, NJ, there was enough activity for a rival company to open up, and then the globe trotting... ignoring the interdimensional shenanigans (especially where two Earths were merging), there was just WAY too much going on with the Ghostbusters being far too public for it to be ignored. If they were canon, even if the original 3 members didn't believe Egon, he could have convinced Kylie or a member or two of the Chicago team to come along with him.

It's like wanting the novel The Return to be canon.

All that said, if you want the game to be in the timeline for you own personal headcanon, go for it. It hurts no one, but it isn't what the official canon is. It's like Star Trek and Star Wars. The books and comics are considered "secondary canon" which basically means they're canon... until a show or movie contradict them.
Kingpin liked this
One time wrote: February 24th, 2022, 6:38 pm Dan Aykroyd created Ghostbusters.

Dan created Ghostbusters, but his original concept for Ghostbusters saw them traveling through space and time. It also needs to be reiterated that the video game was not actually written by Dan or Harold, but by Flint Dille, John Zuur Platten, John Melchior and Patrick Hegarty.
One time wrote: February 24th, 2022, 6:38 pmIt seems people who deny the game are people who condescend videogames.
I don't feel this is true, at least not for the majority of people who view the game as not canon any more.

I love the game, and feel that some of the best video games are artwork on-par with the greats of cinema and literature. It's not out of some sneering condescension that I view the game as not canon with Afterlife, it's because the plots are incompatible.
One time wrote: February 24th, 2022, 6:38 pmThen again how can anyone, who calls themselves a true (i.e. 35 year long) fan of Ghostbusters deny a product that includes all 4 actors (right before Harold Ramis died) who have performed 60 hours of acting and is called canon by the
There's no great mystery, the plot of Afterlife when it comes to Shandor, Gozer and even the design of the Proton Packs contradicts elements featured in the game.
zeta otaku liked this
Empire Issue #398 (April 2022), page 57
Product page: https://www.greatmagazines.co.uk/empire-april-2022
Better deal for digital version: https://pocketmags.com/us/empire-magazine

It is a 1 page article of 10 easter eggs in the film. The only 3 new things are:

*Phoebe's Zener card shirt was Danny Glicker's idea. Jason Reitman says: "That was our costume designer Danny Glicker's idea. He showed that to me and I just lit up."

*The line "There is no Mom, only Zuul was Jason Reitman's idea. He says: "I'm going to take credit for that because I remember saying to Gil as we were talking about the possession moment, 'There is no Mom, only Zuul,' and he just lit up. Zuul's got a catchphrase so if Zuul were to make a reappearance, I guess that has to come back."

*Another insert shot done by the late Ivan Reitman was the close up on the particle thrower after Peter turns his on. "Of the emotional kind perhaps. "The most important one for me, for a long time, was that when Venkman turns on his proton pack, the close-up of the hand is my father's hand," says Reitman. Turns out that Murray had wrapped and gone home. Reitman turned to his dad who, as a result, donned a Ghostbusters flight suit."
Kingpin liked this

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]