Post pictures up of your Props, or a link to your prop gallery on Ghostbusters Fans.
By Spidon
This is my first time cataloging a build like this, so please bear with me. I'm in the process of 3D printing the amazing Q-Pack from Mr. Kiou. I went ahead and started with the Booster area.

Here we are, a few pieces in. Screwed them together just to get a feel for it. Had a few issues of corners curling up on my print, even with a brim.

I'm hoping to keep updating this post as I proceed through the build. Photos will also be uploaded to my Google Photo Album found https://photos.app.goo.gl/HYZW8QhZPEzxAYRt5

Thanks!
Spidon

UPDATE 1/21/22
My printer has been going nearly non stop for the last two weeks pumping out these parts. I've been screwing them together as a dry fit as I go. I need to buy proper screws and epoxy before I start gluing them all.
You can see progress below. The yellow represents an entire roll of filament I used up.

Next up is the Synchronous Generator and the Cyclotron.

UPDATE 1/30/22
Another week gone by and I've made progress on some of the bigger parts. I'm having work done on my basement so haven't had access to my printer most of this week. I ordered the necessary screws, so I'm just waiting for those. I also found the C-clamp for the ribbon cable while looking for something else at Lowes. Once I get my basement back in order, I'll start printing the few things left and move to some of the smaller resin printed parts. Still trying to decide how much I want to print vs buy the actual metal parts.

UPDATE 2/14/22
Quick update. All the big parts are 3D printed now. I merged the Booster Box in Windows 3D Builder and re-printed it as one piece since my other one was cracked. I've started filling and sanding some parts, but I need to wait for warmer weather to get outside and use filler primer.

I also started printing some of the little details with my resin printer. Printing all the Clipper valves, brass elbows, and Legris elbows in resin for now. I might replace the brass elbows with real ones later.

Of course, we need a pic of all the parts put together.

UPDATE 4/7/22
It's been a while. The parts are all printed, but it's still too cold out to paint, so I'm just waiting. Weather is supposed to warm up next week, so I'll hopefully to able to get some filler primer and more sanding done then. I've gotten most of the tubing and a GB1 ribbon cable. I got bored waiting, so decided to put it together with the tubing to see how it'll come together. So here it is in it's multi-color glory.

Last edited by Spidon on April 7th, 2022, 12:38 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Spenglers, Stygmatah liked this
By Spidon
I'm using an Ender 5 Plus. Nice big build plate. In 2020-21, I did a full Iron Man suit (the one in my profile pic). I can't tell if a Proton Pack will be easier because it's smaller, or harder because there's more tiny details.
By Spidon
Stygmatah wrote: January 19th, 2022, 11:11 pm Nice work mate, I have an Ender 5 Plus and I'm just about to start printing my Kiou pack. Did you get the build instructions yet? If so, how are you finding them?
While the files are free from his github, you have to purchase the instructions from his etsy store, found here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1002075672 ... roton-pack

It's a very small price to pay for such a detailed 3D model. I don't plan on making the wand, but I bought both instructions anyway.
By Spidon
Stygmatah wrote: January 28th, 2022, 7:56 pm Oh yeah, I know they are on his Etsy store, I fully intend grabbing them soon, just wondering how you found them? Were they easy to understand?
The best part is the list of screws/hardware needed. He also offers advice on printing, and shows the options you have. A lot of pieces are designed with a 0.2mm "sacrificial layer" so you won't need supports. You'll just need to print them at 0.2mm layer height. I typically print big things like this at 0.28 and worry about smoothing it later, but his sacrificial layer is like magic. He also recommends using PrusaSlicer instead of Cura as PrusaSlicer handles bridging better than Cura.

All that said, even without the guide, you could probably print all the parts and figure it out pretty easily.
By GBfan77
Now this is certainly must be an advancement when it comes to pack building over the Fiberglass shells. Sure there's probably sanding to do but I would think the plastic would be much lighter than the fiberglass. If that is the case your lower back will thank you.
    Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]