Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
Jin wrote: January 26th, 2022, 3:58 pm What about this one?
Edit: this is not my design, this is used by a cleaning company that drives around in my city. Yes! a cleaning company called cleaningbusters! Yeah no kidding! I absolutely hate it and every time I see one of their cars pass I feel like confronting them on this poor ripoff. I posted it it because I was curieus if they are actually infringing on copyright or that I am just overreacting!
I think that’s definitely too far. Here’s some more I found on google.

Not sure what kind of parody or variation I’d do but I think you can tell when it’s just plain copying.

It’s interesting though. I’m a huge Sonic the Hedgehog fan and there’s video on YouTube that cover things that use Sonic without permission.

One is a truck company that uses an older piece of official artwork as there mascot. It’s big on the side if their trucks. Sega is apparently ok with it and the others. I mean they’re not exactly profiting off the character. Just using him for fun. I personally think it’s cool they allow it. It depends on the situation imo.

Last edited by Kingpin on January 28th, 2022, 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added YouTube code
Jin liked this
Edit: this is not my design, this is used by a cleaning company that drives around in my city. Yes! a cleaning company called cleaningbusters! Yeah no kidding! I absolutely hate it and every time I see one of their cars pass I feel like confronting them on this poor ripoff. I posted it it because I was curieus if they are actually infringing on copyright or that I am just overreacting!
You really felt a need to resurrect a 9 year old post?

You feel like confronting some cleaning employees about a silly logo on the side of their car?

Wow.
Sav C liked this
As noted by WCat, that logo is far too "on-model" with the original design. It would stand a good chance of getting the company in trouble.
Do you own a rival cleaning company or something?
Thanks for the awesome and interesting replies guys, consider my curiosity satisfied!
I also agree that the use of Sonic on the trucks is quite cool as there is a clear relation and its decoration that works. In the case of the cleaning company its just not really creative and the relation is quite a stretch in my opinion. I just hope that the owner is a huge Ghostbusters fan with very little imagination/creativity….

And Ps: no I do not own a cleaning company!😋
Sav C liked this
This topic reminds me that quite a while back at my work I saw a guy wearing a Ghostbusters symbol shirt where the Ghost had been replaced by a goat. I asked him about it and he said it was the logo of a sports team he liked. I can't remember what sport it was or where it was.
Winston1986 wrote: February 27th, 2022, 4:57 am This topic reminds me that quite a while back at my work I saw a guy wearing a Ghostbusters symbol shirt where the Ghost had been replaced by a goat. I asked him about it and he said it was the logo of a sports team he liked. I can't remember what sport it was or where it was.
That could've been the Chicago Cubs:

jpetrutis81 liked this
Kingpin wrote: February 27th, 2022, 11:27 am
Winston1986 wrote: February 27th, 2022, 4:57 am This topic reminds me that quite a while back at my work I saw a guy wearing a Ghostbusters symbol shirt where the Ghost had been replaced by a goat. I asked him about it and he said it was the logo of a sports team he liked. I can't remember what sport it was or where it was.
That could've been the Chicago Cubs:

Actually, the goat was made to look more like the Ghost from the original logo.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]