Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
Jin wrote: January 26th, 2022, 3:58 pm What about this one?
Edit: this is not my design, this is used by a cleaning company that drives around in my city. Yes! a cleaning company called cleaningbusters! Yeah no kidding! I absolutely hate it and every time I see one of their cars pass I feel like confronting them on this poor ripoff. I posted it it because I was curieus if they are actually infringing on copyright or that I am just overreacting!
I think that’s definitely too far. Here’s some more I found on google.

Not sure what kind of parody or variation I’d do but I think you can tell when it’s just plain copying.

It’s interesting though. I’m a huge Sonic the Hedgehog fan and there’s video on YouTube that cover things that use Sonic without permission.

One is a truck company that uses an older piece of official artwork as there mascot. It’s big on the side if their trucks. Sega is apparently ok with it and the others. I mean they’re not exactly profiting off the character. Just using him for fun. I personally think it’s cool they allow it. It depends on the situation imo.

Last edited by Kingpin on January 28th, 2022, 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added YouTube code
Jin liked this
Edit: this is not my design, this is used by a cleaning company that drives around in my city. Yes! a cleaning company called cleaningbusters! Yeah no kidding! I absolutely hate it and every time I see one of their cars pass I feel like confronting them on this poor ripoff. I posted it it because I was curieus if they are actually infringing on copyright or that I am just overreacting!
You really felt a need to resurrect a 9 year old post?

You feel like confronting some cleaning employees about a silly logo on the side of their car?

Wow.
Sav C liked this
As noted by WCat, that logo is far too "on-model" with the original design. It would stand a good chance of getting the company in trouble.
Do you own a rival cleaning company or something?
Thanks for the awesome and interesting replies guys, consider my curiosity satisfied!
I also agree that the use of Sonic on the trucks is quite cool as there is a clear relation and its decoration that works. In the case of the cleaning company its just not really creative and the relation is quite a stretch in my opinion. I just hope that the owner is a huge Ghostbusters fan with very little imagination/creativity….

And Ps: no I do not own a cleaning company!😋
Sav C liked this
This topic reminds me that quite a while back at my work I saw a guy wearing a Ghostbusters symbol shirt where the Ghost had been replaced by a goat. I asked him about it and he said it was the logo of a sports team he liked. I can't remember what sport it was or where it was.
Winston1986 wrote: February 27th, 2022, 4:57 am This topic reminds me that quite a while back at my work I saw a guy wearing a Ghostbusters symbol shirt where the Ghost had been replaced by a goat. I asked him about it and he said it was the logo of a sports team he liked. I can't remember what sport it was or where it was.
That could've been the Chicago Cubs:

jpetrutis81 liked this
Kingpin wrote: February 27th, 2022, 11:27 am
Winston1986 wrote: February 27th, 2022, 4:57 am This topic reminds me that quite a while back at my work I saw a guy wearing a Ghostbusters symbol shirt where the Ghost had been replaced by a goat. I asked him about it and he said it was the logo of a sports team he liked. I can't remember what sport it was or where it was.
That could've been the Chicago Cubs:

Actually, the goat was made to look more like the Ghost from the original logo.

Yep, and nightmare on elm street dream warriors.

You can see our Paranormal Boots in action here: […]

Ghostheads

Ghostheads is SO bad. So cringe. Not even in a g[…]

The opening post contain a lot information. Quick […]