By ECTO P71
I don't understand how 'garbage' describes it? Are you talking about the sound quality? The volume of the sound? The weight of the product? Garbage is pretty vague.

Well it has all the electrical connections that are weather proof that need to be. The speaker is hefty and loud. The sound of the ecto wail isn't as loud as the other sirens or wails which I think is nice. When I am at a show, or on a cruise that I am going to throw the siren on, I am not trying to reach three blocks away and blow kids' ear drums out, I just want them to hear the siren. The price was expensive, it didn't have the switch setup that I thought it had, but I figured out two momentary and one on-off switch. I am impressed with how well I can time the siren to shut down and me stopping, the sound from the PA system is also crystal clear.

I don't know what is garbage about it, but I would support it as a one stop, no hassle, no BS option to getting ecto sound without rigging some other system... Just my opinion.
By peter10ns
the
about the Dodge Magnum. I wasn't sure to chuckle or be insulted.its not like they're doing it with a PT cruiser or a Chevy spark. i was actually trying to get a PT cruiser or dog journey or a old 70's too 80's hearse and between the rust and u generally can't get one any more under around €5000 screwed either way.the magnums here in Nova Scotia generally start at 4000 and go up used a Dodge journey minimum will run you about three grand and if u can find a rotted out 1970s too late 80s hearse its going to run you at least 5000. In my experience. Believe it or not the funeral homes are using minivans or SUV crossovers. If you think I'm joking. I can get you pictures from her local funeral home. The unit they're using for a hearse I still don't understand how they're getting a coffin in it , and then closing the doors unless the coffin is going in between the drivers and passenger side seat in the front of the vehicle. And I'm not joking The vehicle is that small!!!it looks to be a Dodge journey or caliber .hear is what I'm planning on using let's see if attached picture will show up.Image

its pretty much all you can get around here do too the rust!!! i have looked at quite a few dogs calibers from 2008 that were rotten beyond repair, so don't get me started about old station wagons from the 90s and 80s.this band would normally run you about five grand i bout it for 1000 do too , the light on the engine bonnet and the global wave from the phone company on the body.i needed another utility van and bin meaning to use a Dodge minivan for something like this because they're about the only thing you can get anymore.a guy in one of the upper provinces did a replica of the 2016 Ghostbusters car and believe it or not. Couldn't even get 12,000 for it on eBay and the guy went to quite a bit of trouble to get the car screen accurate lol. You can't get one of those cars in Nova Scotia anytime you find one there rotted the death.so for the record i came pretty close to doing this with a Magnum wagon but for the point that I can't use a Magnum wagon for the work that I do and i needed a utility vehicle.

the sound i am hoping to be able to use one of thosee units they sell on eBay that looks like a PA system speaker that u can mount on your vehicle. They charge about 35 for the kit and usually they have an MP3 jack on them so its a matter of putting the speaker on the roof with the MP3 jack part inside your vehicle.the MP3 player that I have is an old one made by RCA with a removable memory card that runs on a AA battery. So basically you're dealing with something incredibly simple, low-tech and idiot proof.i am kind of surprised somebody didn't rig up a screen accurate siren at some point given how many people have gone to great lanes to replicate the car from Knight Rider. In regards to aftermarket parts ;) but it is quite widely known that the sound in the movie was merely a dummy speaker on the roof of the car and the sounds were added in later on in production and not actually coming from the vehicle. It's a common thing done in movies. Hoping somebody around here will be able to help me with tracking down something suitable to use for a roof light. This van originally had a roof light but somebody stole it After I bought the van .so have too replace the rufe light . i know wear too get the logo's and putting some roof racks on the roof and a metal cargo unit and probably going to put a light package in front of the cargo unit with the speakers somewheres in their . Not sure yet if just going to use a small roof light or try to get something similar to the film having trouble even finding anything roof likewise on eBay. Basically only units I can find are this little tiny shoebox sized thing can't find anything any bigger. One of the reasons I came here is to see if anybody knew any place in her guards to getting a roof light.the sound file you posted should work for the siren logically. Still trying to find a website with the soundtrack from the three movies in MP3 format. Look on the bright side, I had a neighbor taking a $200 Geo four dore painted the things slime or green and put the Ghostbusters logo on the engine bonnet and the two front doors .so i could obviously be doing something like this with something for worse.
By SpaceBallz
Ecto96 wrote: March 2nd, 2017, 6:19 pm Can someone please reshare the montage and cartoon sirens?

Getting all 404's.

Thanks!
I was actually gonna see if someone had the montage siren.
By 2GunsRacing
I really didn't want to Necropost… but it was pinned on top and be odd to start a new topic.
The links to the Montage Siren are all dead. May we please get an update link?
It would be very appreciated.

Thank you,
Brendan
By 2GunsRacing
navarre1095 wrote: October 30th, 2019, 8:43 am Did you play the Youtube video? It is a mix of the song and siren.
Yes I have, The siren I am looking for is from the Montage. Its way different.
I actually have the normal siren installed in my car, Just need the montage siren to make it better.

Its more of a yelp than anything
By 2GunsRacing
910dohead wrote: October 31st, 2019, 10:17 pm The montage siren is the regular Ecto-1 siren backwards and sped up greatly. I̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶'̶r̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶v̶v̶y̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶s̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶s̶o̶f̶t̶w̶a̶r̶e̶,̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶e̶a̶s̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶d̶o̶.̶

Nevermind. Here.

[Youtube]https://youtu.be/ItdjcGmynOE[/Youtube]
Actually i have been learning sound software along with other video editing lol
But thank you!! I am very grateful and appreciative.
Cant thank you enough.

-Brendan
By The Searcher
I understand that it may look like I’m necroposting (which I try to avoid), but since this seems to be the “official” and pinned Ectomobile siren thread, I feel it’s more appropriate to use this thread than to start a new one (unless I’ve become out of touch with forum etiquette).
With that out of the way, has anyone been able to find the exact sound of the Ectomobile siren? I understand that it’s impossible to extract from the film (there always seems to be song played over it) and it’s possible Sony may not have it, but the sound I hear posted on this thread and many times across the internet doesn’t seem to be the correct sound. The original siren from the first couple films sounds much more like a “real” siren: it wails, winds down slightly while trailing off and quickly rises again to repeat the cycle. The sound I hear posted so often sounds similar, but sounds like it’s starting or “cranking” every time the sound loops, and isn’t as smooth-sounding overall (looped or not) to boot.
Maybe I just haven’t found it yet, but I thought it was worth noting (assuming I’m not hearing things that aren’t really different).
dyfea liked this
By dyfea
ive been having the same issue. the pheonix sounds close but certainly not exact. and they must have it because they have the siren in afterlife. so SOMEONE has a digital loop of the siren! but who, and how do we get it? thats the big question. im holding off on a pheonix just hoping someone will find a real audio file and release it
By The Searcher
Interesting tidbit about the siren I noticed during this promo video for the new eight-disc set:

The original ectomobile siren is present when the clip is shown of the Ghostbusters 2 ectomobile leaving the firehouse. Since it’s just the sound effect (the Run DMC track no longer playing over it), this leads me to believe that Sony still has the original ectomobile siren somewhere in their archives, which only confuses me more as to why they used the incorrect one for projects like Afterlife and the video game from 2009.
By 910dohead
Yeah and the preview cut is sans soundtrack. At one point you even hear the 1A siren where it pulses faster later in the film, but it's very short. I imagine both sirens could be captured and cleaned up.

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]