Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: January 8th, 2022, 7:46 am Oh man, it's already going for £50.

Why did I cancel my preorder? Idiot.
You might have been wise to cancel (unless you live in the UK). I had a terrible experience with Zavvi regarding Shang-Chi. Because I missed the initial pre-orders of the Best Buy steelbook, I pre-ordered the Zavvi counterpart just in case the BB pre-order never came back. Luckily, I was able to order the Best Buy steelbook the day before it released. But by then the Zavvi one shipped. And customer service would not start the return process until I received it naturally. But I never did get my Zavvi order in the mail. So they asked me to wait another 2 weeks or so then contact them again. I did. They took several days to confirm it was lost in transit. Then over a few days had to repeat to them I wanted to start the refund process. Finally, a couple days later, someone said someone in the [insert p.c. term] team will contact me about the refund. No one did. Took another week and half. 1 month from start to finish of me contacting them, I finally got my refund at the end of last year.
Still absolutely no news whatsoever from Sony about a digital release for Europe besides England.

This sucks on so many levels. I asked Sony NL on multiple occasions and not even a peep that they don't know.

That's bad business and I'm sure it ups the chance of people going the illegal route.
jonogunn wrote: January 25th, 2022, 5:59 pm It blows my mind that was a practical effect. We barely see the traps. All we see is some lights shine in the dirt during a dark night time scene. Why even waste the resources? Seems like it only served the purpose of being a cool behind the scenes type thing
I'm sure it was designed with the option for it to be showcased in a more substantial way, but the editing ultimately left any other appearances on the cutting room floor.

I also suspect that they went for a physical prop for the same reason they built puppets of the Miner, the Terror Dogs and so many other things, it tied into their desire to do as much as possible practically rather than with effects.
Wafflerobot liked this
tylergfoster wrote: December 29th, 2021, 9:38 pm
Kingpin wrote: December 29th, 2021, 3:27 amI've never purchased a film digitally, but I would've thought it'd just be the film... No bonus features.
These days, most do include the bonus features (the era in which studios were trying to charge differently for digital copies with extras and without was very brief), but there's still the question of whether your digital platform of choice supports bonus features. Sony is a participant in the Movies Anywhere digital locker system, so if you use something like VUDU or Apple, make sure to set up a free MA account and link your services to it. I imagine MA will have the bonus features.
I am not sure when they became available, but I see MA now indeed has the complete selection of bonus features.

Just a reminder that Movies Anywhere is a free service and links to all the other major digital retailers, so if you bought it on a site like VUDU, just join MA for free, link your VUDU, and you'll get Afterlife on there, as well as the copy you bought flowing through to your library on Amazon, Google Play, iTunes, Verizon, DirecTV, and xfinity, if you use those and link them as well (switch these services around depending on where you bought it). On the dedicated MA app or the MA website, go to the Ghostbusters: Afterlife page and scroll down to find the extras.
What are the special features for this? I mean for 1 and 2. They’re all the same for Afterlife right?

I wanted the Ultimate collection but with no 2016 and Afterlife having 1 deleted scene I think it’s a better choice for me right now. I never had the first 2 on Blu Ray.
mrmichaelt wrote: February 10th, 2022, 3:15 am In an intriguing move, Afterlife will be streamed in Central Europe through HBO Max and through HBO on TV. What that could imply for the rest of the world, idk.
https://variety.com/2022/tv/global/sony ... 235176770/
Countries covered under the deal are Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Moldova, Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia-Herzegovina and North Macedonia. HBO Max replaces HBO Go in the region on March 8.

So still nothing about the Netherlands, while in Germany you can stream it....
mrmichaelt wrote: February 10th, 2022, 5:41 am
Alphagaia wrote: So still nothing about the Netherlands, while in Germany you can stream it....
Yes, but doesn't HBO Max start on March 8 for the Netherlands? Hmm...
Is that so? I shall check that out.

Edit: yeah I'm not going to subscribe to another streaming service when I already have Disney+ and Netflix.

At least I do have Ziggo which gave HBO for free, so I'm going to check now how that works when this seems to take over and if this is something I can access for free or that I will lose HBO in a month or so.

So great when they don't inform us about absolutely anything...

Edit2: yeah, just found HBO will be removed from the Ziggo package. Thx for letting me know, Ziggo!

What a complete shit show.

And I still don't even know for certain if Afterlife will be streaming there!
Sav C liked this
My Blu Ray 3 pack came in.

GB1 and 2 were packed on top of each other which is weird imo. Usually cases have that middle flap when it’s more than 2 discs. There seems to be slight scratches on them but probably ok. Kind of want to watch those first now to make sure.

I have a bunch of clear/store bought dvd cases so I’m putting Afterlife in one of those separate from them. Not going to stack them again.
WCat2000 wrote: February 10th, 2022, 3:57 pm My Blu Ray 3 pack came in.

GB1 and 2 were packed on top of each other which is weird imo. Usually cases have that middle flap when it’s more than 2 discs. There seems to be slight scratches on them but probably ok. Kind of want to watch those first now to make sure.

I have a bunch of clear/store bought dvd cases so I’m putting Afterlife in one of those separate from them. Not going to stack them again.
The stack trays are very common, and I would say at this point at least twice as common as the tray cases. The particular model of Vortex Blu-ray case that is probably used for the triple pack is convenient for studios because they have stack hubs on both side, so they can order one type of case in bulk for releases with anywhere from 2-4 discs.

Ghostbusters: Afterlife debuted in the top 5 of 3 out of 4 relevant physical media charts (with the third being 3D, a chart it never would've placed on): https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=30125

The Numbers only follows one chart, but it also returned to the top spot on DEG's Watched at Home charts after going from 1 to 2 to 3 since it premiered on digital ownership in January. https://www.the-numbers.com/home-market ... 2022/02/05
Thought I’d give an update. GB2 and Afterlife are fine but GB1 has a glitch. It’s nothing major but still bothers me.

It skips for a second during the card test and you miss the guy spitting his gum out. I don’t really care about this scene but just the fact it has a glitch bothers me. If it was in the credits I would not care at all.

Tried that part multiple times and it always happens there so I know it’s not the player. I’m just going to keep it though and replace that disc later. I know it’s the usual Blu Ray from awhile back.
It seems that there are times where films, even quite noteworthy ones, seem to not get an official release.

One example, Roger Corbin's Battle Beyond the Stars, which is a favourite of my brother's, and is yet to get a UK release. We ultimately had to get an Italian version of the film, which fortunately has the English dub (and arguably the better title of "Los 7 magníficos del espacio").

Another example is the Bruce Campbell horror film Black Friday, which was released a day after Ghostbusters: Afterlife came out, but still hasn't had an official DVD release in the UK.

It seems distribution rights can be a big snagging point... I guess for some reason there's been a problem with the distribution rights for the Netherlands.
Alphagaia, RedSpecial liked this
Yeah, I kinda figured that, but what I dont understand they can't communicate about it.

I'm guessing it has to do with the HBO deal they got going on in other parts of EU, but so far not a peep from the Ducth department. Perhaps we'll know more when HBO actually releases here.

You would think it's in their best interest to communicate about it, so they can sell more subscriptions.
The bad news: It seems Ghostbusters Afterlife won't be showing up on HBO Max, at least in the Netherlands.

The good news? Pathe is finally making it possible to rent the movie tomorrow. Only took 2 more months of waiting. It's still dumb.

The best news? After 3 weeks, my import finally arrived. My kid watched the Muncher Chase Sequence and boy, was he onboard. At first he asked where the GB were, until he realized the kids were going to catch that level 5 metal muncher. He jumped up and down for joy while I translated for him on the fly. His biggest worry was that the big car could crush the small one.

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]