By Hairy Biker
I've been Googling & Googling and couldn't find anything.
I'm very interested in Egon's opening costume. The long coat and whats under it. (Jumpsuit maybe?).
I can't find any behind the scenes images or even some clear shots of it from the film, (its still in cinemas here so I don't have access to digital yet). I'm also waiting in my copy of the art book to arrive but mail at the moment is like waiting for Godot.

Anyone come across any decent clear images of it? Or identified his coat?
By THawke
I wonder if the coat is an oversized lab coat used as an overcoat. The way it flows while he's running gives it the appearance of a lighter weight fabric. I've tried to pause the opening scene video on YouTube at various points. It's hard to tell for sure, but it doesn't appear that the lower pockets on the coat have flaps, or if they do, the flaps are open. No flaps on those pockets would be consistent with a lab coat.
By Hairy Biker
Yeah I too thought it was his grey lab coat from the Vince scene or similar. But with all the action going on its hard to tell.
Same with whats under it. I assumed it was a jumpsuit, but my memory makes me think he has brown pants.
By Hairy Biker
Thats true. I managed to find a decent shot of his boot and brightened it and it looks like he has charcoal pants tucked onto them.
Maybe he was wearing a GBII jumpsuit.
By JTysonLambert
He's definitely wearing the GBII suit under the coat. You can see the cuff sticking out of the coat sleeve when's he's holding the trap on the porch, and in one of the wide shots you can see that what he's wearing is a single piece of clothing, so, definitely the GBII suit. HOWEVER, when the arms grab him in the chair, there are several shots where you can see the cuffs of his shirt are completely different than what he was wearing on the porch. The cuffs are a yellow, patterned button down shirt. He's still wearing navy blue pants in that scene, though, so maybe it was a pick up shot and it happens so fast they thought no one would notice. And I wouldn't have without the pause button.

The coat pockets and style are consistent with a lab coat, but it's greyish brown. Probably just extremely dirty, but the colour of the dirtyness is pretty uniform. The bottom pockets do have flaps ( you can see them in the scene where he's looking for the PKE in the drawer), but there are lab coats with pocket flaps.

The art book has a couple of concept drawings. Both with dirty lab coats of varying length, and both have a jumpsuit. One GBII blue, and one regular old khaki. Pretty sure it's just a very dirty lab coat over the GBII suit with new boots.

For anyone looking for the boots, I've IDed them in another thread, but they are Dakota 529s.

Hairy Biker liked this
By JTysonLambert
Well, after all that running off at the mouth I just did...

I was wrong on several aspects. He's definitely wearing a jumpsuit, but it's not a flight suit, as you can see a snap button on it that wasn't present on any of the GB flight suits. And the coat definitely isn't a lab coat, as you can more clearly see the material pattern and the metal buttons. It's a longcoat of some sort. And you can also see the patterned shirt from the chair scene.

He's definitely layered up, as he's wearing a t-shirt, patterned button down shirt, what's probably a mechanic's jumpsuit and a longcoat over the top. There's a split second shot when he first steps onto the porch where you can barely make out angled zippers on the chest pockets. That was part of what made me think"flight suit," but that was, obviously, incorrect.

(Picture removed by request from Sony--Mod)
Last edited by Fritz on January 12th, 2022, 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Picture removed by request from Sony
By Hairy Biker
Excellent work. I'm a little sad its not a jumpsuit but at the same time it makes sense that he'd just wear regular overalls. Probably more discreet around town.
By Hairy Biker
Looking at the close ups of the coat, it looks a bit thick to be a lab coat. Almost looks like duck canvas or a heavey cotton. Maybe some sort of chore coat or duster coat.
By JTysonLambert
Man, glad I saved that picture from my last post for my own reference. Sony scrubbed it from the net. It's been removed from the Stan Winston article I originally got it from, and I can see that GhostbustersNews posted an article about it not too long after I posted it here, but their article no longer exists either.

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]