timeware wrote: December 8th, 2021, 1:17 am You know with 15000 proton packs out there being a Ghostbuster for halloween isn't going to be an easy costume contest win anymore. Lol.
Well accuracy is incredibly hard. Can't get elbow pads with black squares. Getting an accurate trap is suuuper expensive. Who would have thought that one day the trap would be harder to get than the proton pack.
timeware wrote: December 8th, 2021, 1:17 am You know with 15000 proton packs out there being a Ghostbuster for halloween isn't going to be an easy costume contest win anymore. Lol.
You got one more Halloween to do it lol

I’m sad that I’m late to the prop game and never got to wear my eva foam pack. First because of covid then because it got trashed. Plans to work on a 3D print for next Halloween hopefully I can finally make it happen this time.
jonogunn wrote: December 7th, 2021, 1:35 pm Wow the GI Joe striker got funded! Never underestimate the last day push I suppose.

20k for proton pack doesn’t sound crazy now
Yes, the oh-so-important last day push .. . and here's a fun fact - the G.I. Joe Skystriker got 9,060 new backers in its last day, which is slightly more than what the Rancor needed just to get funded in 46 days!
You know part of me really doesn’t want this thing to be a one and done thing..where it’s like ohh now I have this thing worth $1,500 now. I’m not interested in that, nor do I want to feel guilty about keeping them. But what I do wish is that we’d have the opportunity to buy more when they came out. Like why not make an extra 5,000…you (Hasbro) know damn well you could sell them. It kind of sucks for a lot of people who can’t even afford one right now, but might be able to buy four if they were given a year to save up. And honestly I’d like to buy more to modify. Ah well. I really do hope they do another run in the future (of course an 84 model would be nice but I mean even if it’s the same pack). I have no interest in this being something exclusive to a select few.

It’s such an odd business model. “Here’s this thing you didn’t know we’d make but you only have a month to buy them”. Right before Christmas.
One time, ProtonPack83 liked this
GhostFaceX wrote: December 8th, 2021, 5:17 am You know part of me really doesn’t want this thing to be a one and done thing..where it’s like ohh now I have this thing worth $1,500 now. I’m not interested in that, nor do I want to feel guilty about keeping them. But what I do wish is that we’d have the opportunity to buy more when they came out. Like why not make an extra 5,000…you (Hasbro) know damn well you could sell them. It kind of sucks for a lot of people who can’t even afford one right now, but might be able to buy four if they were given a year to save up. And honestly I’d like to buy more to modify. Ah well. I really do hope they do another run in the future (of course an 84 model would be nice but I mean even if it’s the same pack). I have no interest in this being something exclusive to a select few.

It’s such an odd business model. “Here’s this thing you didn’t know we’d make but you only have a month to buy them”. Right before Christmas.
I completely agree. However, I wonder if the "exclusivity" is what helps hadlabs sale.
GhostFaceX liked this
bobafett321 wrote: December 8th, 2021, 7:04 am
GhostFaceX wrote: December 8th, 2021, 5:17 am You know part of me really doesn’t want this thing to be a one and done thing..where it’s like ohh now I have this thing worth $1,500 now. I’m not interested in that, nor do I want to feel guilty about keeping them. But what I do wish is that we’d have the opportunity to buy more when they came out. Like why not make an extra 5,000…you (Hasbro) know damn well you could sell them. It kind of sucks for a lot of people who can’t even afford one right now, but might be able to buy four if they were given a year to save up. And honestly I’d like to buy more to modify. Ah well. I really do hope they do another run in the future (of course an 84 model would be nice but I mean even if it’s the same pack). I have no interest in this being something exclusive to a select few.

I completely agree. However, I wonder if the "exclusivity" is what helps hadlabs sale.
Yeah it definitely does. The neutrona wand was basically on clearance before this.
Alphagaia liked this
bobafett321 wrote: December 8th, 2021, 7:04 am

That's an interesting concept to think about if for a moment I can set aside some of my biases about speculative collectors. Like, is the estimation that the number of multiple packs backed by a smaller number of individual backers greater than if they listed it in July of folks who'd buy just one?

Actually, I like and even appreciate the exclusivity, and I am extremely grateful for the opportunity to own one of these! This is coming from a passive Ghostbusters fan, yet a fan nonetheless. Yes, there is a dedicated and passionate community that builds their own packs and wands to great accuracy, but all that work is based on engineering intel garnered by watching the movies over and over and fabricating based on those references alone. To own something that is this accurate, based on scans of the actual prop, is a rare opportunity! GhostFaceX , be grateful for it, my good fellow fan! If for no other reason, it will make it so that there is an accurate template for those crafters to base their own builds upon, so more can be made within the fan community. We did have 1.5 months to fund this thing, and we are getting all class tiers (in my analysis, the stand is a fait accompli by the weekend, if not before). There are many ways to make some additional money above ones main income source. I have done Doordash deliveries (over 700 in the past 3 years), and being a Doordash driver you can make $437 (the price of one proton pack) in a week's time without working too hard. (Geez, I sound like a spam ad . . .!) There are other apps to earn extra money out there as well . . . As such, anyone could have used those extra avenues of income since 10/27 to purchase the full order size of five packs . . .
Spacejockey426 wrote: December 8th, 2021, 11:04 am

Actually, I like and even appreciate the exclusivity, and I am extremely grateful for the opportunity to own one of these! This is coming from a passive Ghostbusters fan, yet a fan nonetheless. Yes, there is a dedicated and passionate community that builds their own packs and wands to great accuracy, but all that work is based on engineering intel garnered by watching the movies over and over and fabricating based on those references alone. To own something that is this accurate, based on scans of the actual prop, is a rare opportunity! GhostFaceX , be grateful for it, my good fellow fan! If for no other reason, it will make it so that there is an accurate template for those crafters to base their own builds upon, so more can be made within the fan community. We did have 1.5 months to fund this thing, and we are getting all class tiers (in my analysis, the stand is a fait accompli by the weekend, if not before). There are many ways to make some additional money above ones main income source. I have done Doordash deliveries (over 700 in the past 3 years), and being a Doordash driver you can make $437 (the price of one proton pack) in a week's time without working too hard. (Geez, I sound like a spam ad . . .!) There are other apps to earn extra money out there as well . . . As such, anyone could have used those extra avenues of income since 10/27 to purchase the full order size of five packs . . .
I'll never understand the concept of exclusivity adding appeal. If anything I enjoy something when I can connect with more and more people about a subject dear to me.
At the current pace we'll achieve the 15k by Friday. Woohoo! Observing the final hours of the other two Haslabs I'm convinced that the sudden rise in numbers by the thousands is the result of the international orders being added to the total. My estimate for the final number is somewhere between 20-25k.
lol, I mean if you show up with a well built custom it probably is, but yeah, just a decent pack won't get you much now. Oh well, I'm gonna be happy. Next up, a trap, radio, and beacon.
ncc74656m wrote: December 8th, 2021, 8:40 pm
lol, I mean if you show up with a well built custom it probably is, but yeah, just a decent pack won't get you much now. Oh well, I'm gonna be happy. Next up, a trap, radio, and beacon.
As awesome as the Haslab pack looks to be if you roll up with your custom and your pack starts playing the theme song I'm sure that'll still turn some heads.
VenomSymbiote wrote: December 9th, 2021, 8:15 am Unless you're still looking for that cute nerdy girl of your dreams.
Or guy. :)

That being said though, full builds with fiberglass shells and metal bits have accrued damage at Halloween costume contests, I'd rather not put the HasLab Pack at the mercy of drunken party-goers if I owned one, it'd be a lot harder to repair and replace than a full prop replica.
oidoglr, VenomSymbiote liked this
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: December 9th, 2021, 8:08 am As much as I'd appreciate a good custom pack... for anyone heading to a party looking to max out their social status, I don't think proton pack specs are the way to go. :boogieman:
Being dressed as a Ghostbuster is the only occasion that I've had unfamiliar women approach me to get their picture taken with me.
JamesB922 liked this
Kingpin wrote: December 9th, 2021, 8:44 am That being said though, full builds with fiberglass shells and metal bits have accrued damage at Halloween costume contests, I'd rather not put the HasLab Pack at the mercy of drunken party-goers if I owned one, it'd be a lot harder to repair and replace than a full prop replica.
My ultimate justification for purchasing this was that the HasLab pack will be my costume pack, and my fiberglass/metal replica will remain my cherished display piece to show off to company.
Tight-Pants Jack wrote: December 9th, 2021, 10:26 am
Kingpin wrote: December 9th, 2021, 8:44 am That being said though, full builds with fiberglass shells and metal bits have accrued damage at Halloween costume contests, I'd rather not put the HasLab Pack at the mercy of drunken party-goers if I owned one, it'd be a lot harder to repair and replace than a full prop replica.
My ultimate justification for purchasing this was that the HasLab pack will be my costume pack, and my fiberglass/metal replica will remain my cherished display piece to show off to company.
Im on th eopposit side, this will be my display piece with the cyclotron open and in the stand, and my fiberglass will be my costume piece... But anyways haveing 2 is always better than 1

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]