By AJ Quick
Emails have now gone out covering the exchange program.

Each email has a unique URL that you can click to add the replacement hat light to your cart. This link should not be shared with anyone, as once the hat light has been redeemed, it is no longer valid.

If you received multiple emails, please click on each link to redeem all hat lights in one order.

You do not need to send the defective hat light back, but I do ask that you pay for shipping on the replacements.
Marcus B liked this
Is it possible to exchange just some of the Hat Lights in a order and not have to exchange all of them? I have a couple of vintage fittings sockets that work and I plan on using a few by the vent light but i'm concerned about finding Sockets for the others.
By AJ Quick
You are welcome to reduce the number you request if that is the case.

That being said, there is no actual exchange. You get to keep the defective product as well as receive a replacement.
Glenn Frederick liked this
By AJ Quick
Lowberg wrote: October 3rd, 2020, 8:43 pm Hey AJ, just to clarify. did the new ones come in yet? If I order from the GBFans store now, will I get one of the new ones?
Thanks for all your work getting this squared around :)
All shipments for the past 6-7 weeks have been the new ones.
By AJ Quick
H2Ghost wrote: October 5th, 2020, 1:52 pm Hello,

I just got my replacement hat lights in the mail and they still don't screw all the way into the sockets. Any ideas?
Did you order sockets with them or are you using ones that are older?

If you apply a little bit of extra rotation force, will it overcome the binding and thread in all the way?
By H2Ghost
AJ Quick wrote: October 5th, 2020, 9:13 pm
H2Ghost wrote: October 5th, 2020, 1:52 pm Hello,

I just got my replacement hat lights in the mail and they still don't screw all the way into the sockets. Any ideas?
Did you order sockets with them or are you using ones that are older?

If you apply a little bit of extra rotation force, will it overcome the binding and thread in all the way?
Yeah, I took the sockets out and tried screwing them in with a bit more force but they still don't screw in all the way. I have older sockets that I got when I ordered the original non-milky hatlights. Should I try newer ones? Thanks for your help.
By AJ Quick
Newer ones will definitely work.

I just had a customer with some sockets that were a few years old that did not work correctly. If you look into the socket, you may see a malformed thread. That is at least what I found with that particular customer's older sockets.

It's weird because they work perfectly with sockets that are older (10+ years old) as well as brand new sockets, but not necessarily sockets that are in between or of an unknown nature.
By RedSpecial
Another minor issue with these is they seem to be a fairly loose pressure fit, causing the base to detach from the lens if any real pressure is applied.
This one detached when i was testing out a spring for a pop mech today, which was pushing against the threaded base.
Although the other lens I have from the same run also detaches very easily by hand, in comparison to the vintage lenses with the integral heat shield which are solidly attached to the lens.

It's really easily fixed with a dab of strong glue but its something to be aware of.

By AJ Quick
That is common to all hat lights that have been produced in the last 10-20 years unfortunately.

I've only had 1 or 2 customers have that happen though, usually from damage during shipping. If you would like, I'd be happy to replace those.
RedSpecial liked this
By gerard55
Maybe im being a bit thick here...but how are you meant to install the wires and led into the hat light with the base screwed on? :shock: The base seems to be solid with the exception of a plastic disc on the outside and a tiny protuding piece of metal.

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]