Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Winston1986
ghoulishfright wrote: November 29th, 2021, 1:14 pm Not sure if this was intentional or not, but it just occurred to me that the name Oscar (aside from being a brand of hot dogs) is also the name of the Academy Award, so in Ghostbusters 2, they are literally fighting over an Oscar! Vigo wants an "Oscar," and almost gets it, but in the end, it's the Ghostbusters that "win" Oscar. And we even see them pose with their beloved Oscar on their big night:

And for most of the movie, Oscar is wearing a yellow/golden outfit, so he even looks like the Academy Award.

So it doesn't matter what the critics say, Ghostbusters 2 is technically an Oscar winning film. Suck on that, Roger Ebert!

(Incidentally, in 1989, Max von Sydow who voiced Vigo was competing for a second Oscar, for his leading role in a film entitled Pelle the Conqueror. So he technically lost out on two Oscars that year... Bummer.)
Oh my gosh! I have seen Ghostbusters 2 several times since I was a kid in the 90s and didn't notice til you posted it here that Venkman has a sword in the painting. Now thinking of it, him having a sword makes him too different from the rest of them in that painting. Also Lol at what you said about Oscar being a nod to the award. Which reminds me I somhow never noticed til a few years ago that Winnie the Pooh was on Oscar's pajamas. And now thinking of it, The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh started the year before Ghostbusters 2 came out. Coincidence?
By gerard55
I never realised how wrecked the props for the proton packs were sitting on the table in the courtroom when the judge is flipping his lid. The wand barrel looks virtually detached from the gunbox. Presumably stunt foam rubber versions in some scenes?

By robbritton
Guys, I managed to mishear a line from GB2 for 32 years and thus miss an entire joke. I always thought Ray said, "You want the baby? Go ahead and knock up some willing hell hound!". Because of that mishearing, I somehow autocorrected "knock up" into "knock together" to mean "conjure up" - so in my head, the intent of that line has always been: "you're going to need to go and get a super terrifying monster if you want to get through us to Oscar".

It was only this morning it was pointed out to me that Ray is literally telling Vigo to go and have sex with a dog.

The more you know.
By Kingpin
It only just clicked while looking at this shot of the New York skyline that the buildings have been flipped from left to right (The Chrysler Building is just visible at the far left, it should be standing to the right of the Empire State):

This view would only be possible if Peter's apartment lay north of the northernmost part of Central Park (however we know it's not north of the park, as the reverse views feature the Twin Towers).

Here's the fixed orientation:

mrmichaelt liked this
By RichardLess
robbritton wrote: December 10th, 2021, 4:43 am Guys, I managed to mishear a line from GB2 for 32 years and thus miss an entire joke. I always thought Ray said, "You want the baby? Go ahead and knock up some willing hell hound!". Because of that mishearing, I somehow autocorrected "knock up" into "knock together" to mean "conjure up" - so in my head, the intent of that line has always been: "you're going to need to go and get a super terrifying monster if you want to get through us to Oscar".

It was only this morning it was pointed out to me that Ray is literally telling Vigo to go and have sex with a dog.

The more you know.
This is one of my favourite lines from Ray. It’s so badass.

I think Ray might be my favourite Ghostbusters. Infact…yes. Ray is my favourite. He never seems to get enough love.
Dr.D liked this
By gerard55
robbritton wrote: December 10th, 2021, 4:43 am Guys, I managed to mishear a line from GB2 for 32 years and thus miss an entire joke. I always thought Ray said, "You want the baby? Go ahead and knock up some willing hell hound!". Because of that mishearing, I somehow autocorrected "knock up" into "knock together" to mean "conjure up" - so in my head, the intent of that line has always been: "you're going to need to go and get a super terrifying monster if you want to get through us to Oscar".

The more you know.
"Knock up" can also mean make something in a hurry\conjur something up. I doubt he meant it as saying go screw a dog.
By jonogunn
gerard55 wrote: December 20th, 2021, 2:05 pm

The more you know.
"Knock up" can also mean make something in a hurry\conjur something up. I doubt he meant it as saying go screw a dog.
He meant exactly that.
By gerard55
jonogunn wrote: December 21st, 2021, 3:23 pm
gerard55 wrote: December 20th, 2021, 2:05 pm

He meant exactly that.
His actual quote is "You want A baby? Go ahead and knock up some willing hell hound". Had it been "the baby" then it would have made more sense that he was telling him to conjure something up to get past them to get to Oscar. So yeah it seems he did mean go screw a dog. :shock:
By JWils23
It’s funny, I always assumed a “hell hound” was just slang for a woman who was into the occult/witch craft/black magic etc. Just like how cops and firemen have “badge bunnies” and bull riders have “buckle bunnies”, Vigo could go find a willing participant in his evil. Granted those are bunnies and not hounds but it was meant in the same light.
Last edited by JWils23 on December 21st, 2021, 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By gerard55
JWils23 wrote: December 21st, 2021, 3:51 pm It’s funny, I always assumed a “hell hound” was just slang for a woman who was into the occult/satan/black magic etc. Just like how cops and firemen have badge bunnies and bull riders have buckle bunnies. Granted those are bunnies and not hounds but it was meant in the same light.
I always considered it a reference to terror dogs for some reason.
By gerard55
Something i never noticed before, in the 84 movie when Gozer sends out the electric blast in the background you can see what looks like a black metal pole moving along from right to left, guessing it was a smoke emitter or a connection to the harnass to pull the actors backwards? It's pretty noticable as well, only took me to today to notice it :shock::-o

Kingpin, Welsh Pirate liked this
By Welsh Pirate
gerard55 wrote: December 22nd, 2021, 9:30 am Something i never noticed before, in the 84 movie when Gozer sends out the electric blast in the background you can see what looks like a black metal pole moving along from right to left, guessing it was a smoke emitter or a connection to the harnass to pull the actors backwards? It's pretty noticable as well, only took me to today to notice it :shock::-o

And I only just now noticed that Gozer's lightning was multicolored. I always just thought it was purple, but it looks like some of it was yellow as well!
gerard55 liked this
By ghoulishfright
I saw this image (below) of Jesus Christ and couldn't help but notice the strong similarity to the Ghostbusters 2 logo. It's probably just a coincidence, but it also wouldn't surprise me if Mooglie's hand gesture is indeed intended to have some double meaning as both the number two (for the sequel) and a religious or occult gesture. My understanding is that it means "blessing" in typical Catholic iconography, and since Dan Aykroyd was raised a proper Catholic, it wouldn't surprise me if he was referencing such imagery. If that's the case, then it makes me feel better about the artistic choice of the gesture, since it would give additional meaning to it beyond the simple number two, to denote a sequel which would not exist inside the universe of the film. In this way, the gesture could also mean "blessing" or "peace" in addition to (Ghostbusters) "two" or, "Hey, we're back in business for the 'second' time." For that reason, I defend the Ghostbusters 2 logo as more than just a meta-image to market the film (although, of course it functions on that level). At the very least, it is plausible that it represents more than that.

By MichaelGil
| alkaline | wrote: July 15th, 2010, 8:44 am One thing I noticed while watching GB1 on the big screen was in Louis' apartment, during the party scene, there is a pretty funny picture of him in a cap and gown holding a diploma. Not sure if its high school graduation or his graduation from Law School :D

Could be his CPA?

My mother passed away Wednesday morning after a […]

I think at some point the PKE was intended to[…]

just where they emerged out of if the mural was […]

Hi, I'm thing of ordering these but are there any […]