I thought it might be useful to start a thread on the Afterlife variants of the uniforms. Although they are obviously based on the GB1 originals, there do seem to be some differences which are worth noting so we have a document of the new screen-accurate.

Starting with these behind the scenes photos of the OGs that were shared on Twitter this week:

Photo by Mike Waclo:

Some things I noticed:

* The leg hoses in these photos appears to be clear rather than yellow. There seems to be a spare hose on the table next to Ernie which also appears to be clear. The connector looks similar on the OGs, although in the photo Mike shared of Phoebe/Egon's uniform at the Hollywood Museum, it does look to have a slightly different shape.

* I know there has always been a debate about the colour of the original pistol belts, but they certainly look grey here (possibly dyed from white) and appear to match the colour of the elbow pads.

* The no-ghost patch is not an idealised version and maintains the wonky look of the originals. Would be interesting to know if each one is slightly different, or if they settled on one style.

* Belt Gizmos - it's hard to see them here, but from seeing them briefly in the movie they really resembled Spongeface's replicas to me. I have spent way too much time studying every boring detail of the gizmo props for my own kits, and from the brief flashes I saw in the movie, they looked pretty solid and not thrown together like the old stunt boards. I could be wrong of course, but I have heard the production used some BenOfKent props as background pieces in the farmhouse, so it's not out of the question that they used some of Doug's kits too. Maybe just a theory, but that really would be unbelievable to see a fan-produced prop worn by Bill, Dan and Ernie in the actual movie! I know Adam Savage built one during lockdown and we know how close he has been to this production. Maybe Doug can clear this up?

Anything else anyone has noticed so far?
THawke wrote: November 25th, 2021, 5:18 am For some reason, the left ALICE frame shoulder strap is backwards, ie. the pad side is facing out. I've noticed this in other photos as well.
Same when phoebe wore it during the switch me on scene. Maybe just flipped by mistake? I know I’ve done that with my own frame before
jonogunn wrote: November 25th, 2021, 7:10 am
THawke wrote: November 25th, 2021, 5:18 am For some reason, the left ALICE frame shoulder strap is backwards, ie. the pad side is facing out. I've noticed this in other photos as well.
Same when phoebe wore it during the switch me on scene. Maybe just flipped by mistake? I know I’ve done that with my own frame before
When I first saw the strap flipped on Phoebe, I wondered if it was just a mistake too. But seeing them flipped on Winston and Ray in the photos above, it looks pretty deliberate. I just can't imagine why they would do that. We can't see Peter's left strap in the pic above, but I assume it's flipped as well.

I'm curious as to what fabric they used for the jumpsuits this time around. There's that very noticeable horizontal pattern in the fabric in Winston's and Phoebe's suits. It's not noticeable in Peter's or Ray's in the pics above, but that's probably due to lower picture quality.
I’m bummed they used a gray web belt. Definitely khaki in the originals.

In Phoebe’s scene you can tell they’re just flipped on accident. In a movie if you do something by mistake once, you have to do it for every shot.
RedSpecial liked this
GhostFaceX wrote: November 25th, 2021, 9:07 am I’m bummed they used a gray web belt. Definitely khaki in the originals.

In Phoebe’s scene you can tell they’re just flipped on accident. In a movie if you do something by mistake once, you have to do it for every shot.
Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters 2 would beg to differ
Ron Daniels wrote: November 25th, 2021, 8:07 am - Suits appear to be ripstop. I haven’t found a good reference photo.
- Straps are flipped in the movie, too and it bugs me
Mckenna just twited a snip BTS video where you can see the strap correctly placed, so it is very possible that its was just not on purpose.
EctoLabs wrote: November 25th, 2021, 4:52 am I thought it might be useful to start a thread on the Afterlife variants of the uniforms. Although they are obviously based on the GB1 originals, there do seem to be some differences which are worth noting so we have a document of the new screen-accurate.

Starting with these behind the scenes photos of the OGs that were shared on Twitter this week:

Photo by Mike Waclo:

Some things I noticed:

* The leg hoses in these photos appears to be clear rather than yellow. There seems to be a spare hose on the table next to Ernie which also appears to be clear. The connector looks similar on the OGs, although in the photo Mike shared of Phoebe/Egon's uniform at the Hollywood Museum, it does look to have a slightly different shape.

* I know there has always been a debate about the colour of the original pistol belts, but they certainly look grey here (possibly dyed from white) and appear to match the colour of the elbow pads.

* The no-ghost patch is not an idealised version and maintains the wonky look of the originals. Would be interesting to know if each one is slightly different, or if they settled on one style.

* Belt Gizmos - it's hard to see them here, but from seeing them briefly in the movie they really resembled Spongeface's replicas to me. I have spent way too much time studying every boring detail of the gizmo props for my own kits, and from the brief flashes I saw in the movie, they looked pretty solid and not thrown together like the old stunt boards. I could be wrong of course, but I have heard the production used some BenOfKent props as background pieces in the farmhouse, so it's not out of the question that they used some of Doug's kits too. Maybe just a theory, but that really would be unbelievable to see a fan-produced prop worn by Bill, Dan and Ernie in the actual movie! I know Adam Savage built one during lockdown and we know how close he has been to this production. Maybe Doug can clear this up?

Anything else anyone has noticed so far?
Lol Winston's elbow pads are on his wrists.
jonogunn wrote: November 25th, 2021, 12:24 pm
Dr.D wrote: November 25th, 2021, 9:49 am Not gonna lie, I really like the gray belts. And the way they aged the suits really makes the reds on the nametag and logo pop. Excited to put one together like this.
Aren’t they the same as the original? Or is it darker this time

Well it’s definitely a darker gray but they used a light wheat / tan / khaki in the original.
RedSpecial liked this
Is the rip stop pattern really prominent on these new suits compared to the originals or are my eyes playing tricks on me? I know in the trailers we saw Phoebe opening the locker with the suits and we could see the rip stop indicating we were seeing GB1 suits but in the BTS shots (especially Hudson’s) it seems much louder than before. I noticed this on Adam Savages uniform as well when he posted the video of him all dressed up for a con and thought wow that rip stop is very apparent. That and the breast pockets appear to be lower as no ones name tag overlaps them like on the originals.
JWils23 wrote: November 25th, 2021, 8:01 pm Is the rip stop pattern really prominent on these new suits compared to the originals or are my eyes playing tricks on me? I know in the trailers we saw Phoebe opening the locker with the suits and we could see the rip stop indicating we were seeing GB1 suits but in the BTS shots (especially Hudson’s) it seems much louder than before. I noticed this on Adam Savages uniform as well when he posted the video of him all dressed up for a con and thought wow that rip stop is very apparent. That and the breast pockets appear to be lower as no ones name tag overlaps them like on the originals.
No not just you I definitely noticed it. I was really obsessed with flight suits last night so I noticed it. I basically can’t see the ripstop on the originals even in the Blu-ray. Had to see the auction photos.
Elbow pads.

So what do people think? Custom made, Gbfans, or reworked Cannons? Or something else. Is the dark patch painted on, or an applicade fabric. Covering a hole? The edging of the pad appears to be the same light grey as the rest. And the ends of the tube appear to be be turned under. But not sewn down. Or serged, like the factory edge.

Inquiring minds want to know.

My guess is that the film used pads are reworked Cannons. The logo is easily scraped away with a sharp blade. The ends are turned under with hidden stiches. And dark grey fabric used to cover the hole.
Here's a slightly closer view of Phoebe's suit I took at the Hollywood Museum last week... The ripstop is very pronounced, but I think it may have had to do with the weathering. It also seemed to be a considerably darker and yellower material than the suits looked in GB1.

Mathew_impact1 wrote: November 26th, 2021, 9:43 am Elbow pads.

So what do people think? Custom made, Gbfans, or reworked Cannons? Or something else. Is the dark patch painted on, or an applicade fabric. Covering a hole? The edging of the pad appears to be the same light grey as the rest. And the ends of the tube appear to be be turned under. But not sewn down. Or serged, like the factory edge.

My guess is that the film used pads are reworked Cannons. The logo is easily scraped away with a sharp blade. The ends are turned under with hidden stiches. And dark grey fabric used to cover the hole.
I have the ones that have the holes. Is there a good way to cover these while still looking seamless?
mike_waclo wrote: November 26th, 2021, 9:58 am Here's a slightly closer view of Phoebe's suit I took at the Hollywood Museum last week... The ripstop is very pronounced, but I think it may have had to do with the weathering. It also seemed to be a considerably darker and yellower material than the suits looked in GB1.

Are these by Indy Magnoli or studio made?
Mathew_impact1 wrote: November 26th, 2021, 9:43 am Elbow pads.

I'm happy with the GBfans ones. I just don't know of anywhere to get 100% screen accurate GB1 pads.
GhostFaceX wrote: November 26th, 2021, 11:51 pm Are these by Indy Magnoli or studio made?
I would assume they are studio made custom suits. Magnoli didn't announce his replicas until February 2020 and have a different rip-stop material closer to GB1.
A lot of the local crew and GB club members as well will be posting what they were able to take pictures of including sets props etc. You'll see them like the first pictures in this this thread make their way out in the upcoming weeks once it's been a month however for those interested in the gizmo's, they were made by a local prop maker just outside Edmonton who's been a staple at a lot of our local cons over the years. Here are some shots of the gizmo's and the Famous Vinz hat.

https://fortsaskonline.com/articles/for ... U-at_3rWeI
RealGhostbusterJay wrote: December 4th, 2021, 8:11 am A lot of the local crew and GB club members as well will be posting what they were able to take pictures of including sets props etc. You'll see them like the first pictures in this this thread make their way out in the upcoming weeks once it's been a month however for those interested in the gizmo's, they were made by a local prop maker just outside Edmonton who's been a staple at a lot of our local cons over the years. Here are some shots of the gizmo's and the Famous Vinz hat.

https://fortsaskonline.com/articles/for ... U-at_3rWeI
Thanks for this. I hope Ravenous aren't claiming they designed the Gizmos though, as those are clearly Doug's kits as I suspected. Really amazing to see how the production incorporated community and fan prop builders like this :-D Looking forward to seeing more detailed photos!
I believe he simply ordered and assembled them. There were a ton of friends and local artists involved on this. 2 of them are in the shot with Dan and we had a franchise member work on the car and a production member had asked him to fix something on it. His response was "did you want me to fix it the way it was or the way it's supposed to look?" So proud of the folks locally who got to add their own touches to this franchise which never in a million years did we think would be filmed here in Alberta.

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]