GhostFaceX wrote: December 1st, 2021, 9:09 pm I can’t ever imagine looking at a franchise and being like “nah, Hasbro certainly would never release more products even if barely different and make more money”.
Everyone hopes your right, it just seems unlikely. It's $525 plus tax for the pack and wand and they take up alot of space. They may have already milked the market dry, in the sense it might be hard to reach another 7, 000 backers to go forward with it.

It's a different story if another movie comes out. You'll be looking at least 4 years , than another 2 to get your pack from haslab. Best case Scenario you're looking at 2027 to get your 84 pack

Someone should find out if Hasbro has the prop license for all movies. If they don't then it's all mute point. If we don't see an '84 wand in a year a so, then they definitely don't. The way the guy shut up Adam Savage, I'm leaning towards not
deadderek, Kingpin, oidoglr liked this
ccv66 wrote: December 1st, 2021, 10:30 pm
GhostFaceX wrote: December 1st, 2021, 9:09 pm I can’t ever imagine looking at a franchise and being like “nah, Hasbro certainly would never release more products even if barely different and make more money”.
Everyone hopes your right, it just seems unlikely. It's $525 plus tax for the pack and wand and they take up alot of space. They may have already milked the market dry, in the sense it might be hard to reach another 7, 000 backers to go forward with it.

It's a different story if another movie comes out. You'll be looking at least 4 years , than another 2 to get your pack from haslab. Best case Scenario you're looking at 2027 to get your 84 pack

Someone should find out if Hasbro has the prop license for all movies. If they don't then it's all mute point. If we don't see an '84 wand in a year a so, then they definitely don't. The way the guy shut up Adam Savage, I'm leaning towards not
Not only are they going to have those of us like me who want to buy more packs, but they'll have a lottt of people who were like "I really wish I had gotten the Haslab pack but didn't have the money for it at the time." They need to give people like 6 months headsup.

It wouldn't make sense that Hasbro, the biggest toy company in the world, wouldn't have access to that one particular license. They literally make everything else. Sony isn't going to be like "Nah, Hasbro, you can't make that one particular thing, because we are letting this other company drip feed licensed parts for a $2000+ replica." It just makes no sense.

2027 sure that's fine though. I just want it. And then I have to wait at least another year for it to come out in paperback.
I can see why the continuous demand for a Hasbro 84' pack can be seen as a broken record. You can easily mod this thing to become an 84 pack if that's what your heart desires. Savage even shows how easy pieces of the pack can be removed.

The copper wires while yes, take away from the 84 pack look like they can be pulled apart fairly simply filled in and sanded, filled in then painted if they really bother someone. I mean hell you can place some mini pufts around the copper wire and the marshmallow attatchments will cover up the copper wires.

When the pack comes out i'm sure there will be people on you tube making video tutorials on how to do this.

I don't plan on doing much to mine except adding the video game slime blower to it.
deadderek, ccv66 liked this
timeware wrote: December 1st, 2021, 10:57 pm I can see why the continuous demand for a Hasbro 84' pack can be seen as a broken record. You can easily mod this thing to become an 84 pack if that's what your heart desires. Savage even shows how easy pieces of the pack can be removed.

The copper wires while yes, take away from the 84 pack look like they can be pulled apart fairly simply filled in and sanded, filled in then painted if they really bother someone. I mean hell you can place some mini pufts around the copper wire and the marshmallow attatchments will cover up the copper wires.

When the pack comes out i'm sure there will be people on you tube making video tutorials on how to do this.

I don't plan on doing much to mine except adding the video game slime blower to it.
To be honest I don't want to mod it though. I just want to buy one. I'm getting irritated just trying to replace the neutrona wand handle. It's not an easy mod to make it look like a brand new 84 pack.
timeware wrote: December 1st, 2021, 10:57 pm I can see why the continuous demand for a Hasbro 84' pack can be seen as a broken record. You can easily mod this thing to become an 84 pack if that's what your heart desires. Savage even shows how easy pieces of the pack can be removed.

Exactly. With minimal modding the pack will be able to be made to look like a more classic pack. It'd be just silly to crowdfund another full size pack.
ccv66, Dragonfire82877 liked this
Diamond select had the rights to make all the ghostbuster characters in minimates, but they couldn't get the license to do the same Ghosts in 7 " inch. Mattel had problem selling Ghostbusters merch.. Star Wars Haslab aren't getting funded and they're probably the biggest fan base of all.

Even if they had the license and Hasbro is planning to do an 84 pack, we are not getting it anytime soon.

Really your best bet is just modding the afterlife pack. It probably won't be that hard and there's so many Great modders. I'm sure you'll be able to buy kits in no time
deadderek, Kingpin liked this
ccv66 wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 1:28 am Diamond select had the rights to make all the ghostbuster characters in minimates, but they couldn't get the license to do the same Ghosts in 7 " inch. Mattel had problem selling Ghostbusters merch.. Star Wars Haslab aren't getting funded and they're probably the biggest fan base of all.

Even if they had the license and Hasbro is planning to do an 84 pack, we are not getting it anytime soon.

Really your best bet is just modding the afterlife pack. It probably won't be that hard and there's so many Great modders. I'm sure you'll be able to buy kits in no time
That's because the Rancor is the biggest ripoff on the planet and all the fans know it.

Yeah, I KNOW we're not getting it anytime soon, but it will happen.

Y'all have to realize they read these forums. Instead of being pessimistic and saying "no, they won't make it so don't even bring it up", YELL ABOUT IT THAT YOU WANT THEM TO MAKE IT SO THEY KNOW THAT YOU WANT TO BUY IT.

I truly wonder what goes through the mind of pessimists, especially pessimists who think "nah, big company won't want to make even more money."
Last edited by GhostFaceX on December 2nd, 2021, 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZLevee liked this
A half dozen people on a fan forum isn't going to change minds.
GhostFaceX wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 1:50 ambut it will happen.
You need to be prepared for the possibility that it might not happen.
GhostFaceX wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 1:50 amInstead of being pessimistic and saying "no, they won't make it so don't even bring it up", YELL ABOUT IT THAT YOU WANT THEM TO MAKE IT SO THEY KNOW THAT YOU WANT TO BUY IT.
We're trying to manage expectations. There's no guarantee they'll make a 1984 Pack replica, and should they have those plans in the works, no guarantee it'll reach the numbers needed to go into production.

We're advising people invest in this one in case another option doesn't become available in the future.

This one may not achieve the ideal with everyone, but it's definitely happening and will be in people's hands in 2023.
deadderek, jpetrutis81, oidoglr and 1 others liked this
Kingpin wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 2:47 am
GhostFaceX wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 1:50 ambut it will happen.
You need to be prepared for the possibility that it might not happen.
GhostFaceX wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 1:50 amInstead of being pessimistic and saying "no, they won't make it so don't even bring it up", YELL ABOUT IT THAT YOU WANT THEM TO MAKE IT SO THEY KNOW THAT YOU WANT TO BUY IT.
We're trying to manage expectations. There's no guarantee they'll make a 1984 Pack replica, and should they have those plans in the works, no guarantee it'll reach the numbers needed to go into production.

We're advising people invest in this one in case another option doesn't become available in the future.

This one may not achieve the ideal with everyone, but it's definitely happening and will be in people's hands in 2023.
My worry is that in 2025-2026 there just won't be a ready to go alternative.
I think will hit tier 3 at 1300 by end of the weekend for sure. Next week is the final week, in past Haslabs and other similar things there is always a huge surge at the end. Fear of missing out is a powerful force.

I think we will comfortably be over 15k by the end of next week.

As for the whole '84 pack thing. I think anyone who passes on this thinking ah ill pick up a 84 pack later is going to be disappointed. Is it possible, hypothetical yes but VERY unlikely.

There are 100% going to be aftermarket kits for this to fix inaccuracies or help you convert it to a '84 or '89. Hell just go to etsy or ebay and look up Spirit Pack mods and you'll get an idea what the future holds for haslab packs.

My hope would be that the '21 stuff could be easily removed and stored away so that you could convert it from a '21 to '84 and back again easily but that's probably not going to happen.
deadderek, Kingpin, jpetrutis81 and 1 others liked this
Possible, the main additions that turn it from a 80s pack to a afterlife pack are the wires around the clipard, the heatsink on the side and thr yellow cable off the cyclotron. Seems easy enough.
deadderek, ProtonPack83 liked this

This is what makes this pack so frustrating - the fact that there IS continuous demand for an 84' pack just shows how shortsighted Hasbro was in the first place.

Look, I agree - we aren't getting another pack any time soon, which is why this pack should be able to do it ALL. Since it may be the only mass produced pack we ever get, I think it would have been smarter to satisfy all the eras. This thing is huge and unprecedented at this point for a mass production collectable toy prop, which is why so many like myself would have really loved it if Hasbro just made a "Proton Pack" not a SPENGLER pack. They could have easily still advertised this with the Afterlife MODS and made it possible for us all to mod it to whatever standard or combination our hearts desired. THAT'S how you nail a HasLab and knock it out of the park. As it stands, yeah, most of us are still buying it because it's "close enough". It's just painful to me that Hasbro goes through all the lengths to include the perfectly new 84' stickers, THEY PUT A SWITCH IN THE PACK to make it have 84' specific lights and sounds, yet they won't acknowledge that this pack can be modded in any way.
ecto88mph wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 11:38 am Possible, the main additions that turn it from a 80s pack to a afterlife pack are the wires around the clipard, the heatsink on the side and thr yellow cable off the cyclotron. Seems easy enough.
Exactly - which Hasbro SHOULD be giving us. Did you see how easily the ribbon cable removed in the Savage video? Why not include a clean white one from 84' so people can switch it out? Ditto with the hose loom - we should be getting an 84' hose as well for interchangeability, especially for $400. Personally, I'd love the option to add all the Afterlife stuff and make it look beat, then strip it all off and go back to 84' style. Obviously, this pack had no problem funding without all that stuff, but I guarantee it would have garnered universal adoration by including swappable parts. It's really that simple and wouldn't have cost them much extra to produce, especially since the 84' hose is even more simple and one continuous piece of very basic tube loom.
Last edited by ProtonPack83 on December 2nd, 2021, 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZLevee liked this
Why does everyone keep saying they won’t acknowledge that the pack can be modded back to an 84 pack? Is everyone going off the Savage video that was posted just recently? Bill Rawley clearly said in the posted interview that the pack can easily be modded back to an 84 pack.

I’m just happy someone is mass producing a full scale proton pack. I’ve waited 30 plus years for this.
Ecto24601, mrmichaelt, timeware and 6 others liked this
I think a lot of people don't understand how the licensing works. Hasbro has a license to sell a replica Proton Pack based off Ghostbusters: Afterlife, and Afterlife alone. If they had a license to do an '84 pack..they would, but they don't, and you can tell they don't have that license because they're pretty much only talking about Afterlife stuff with this pack. They're making all the Afterlife addons removable because they're trying to appease us hardcore who might want an '84 pack (that they don't have a license to for) and still work within the confines of their license for Afterlife. The fact that it can be modded into an '84 pack is like a discrete "secret": It absolutely can be but they can't market it as such, they can only market/sell it as an Afterlife pack. These removable mods are a huge bonus for us and we should be thanking the Hasbro folks for looking out for us and giving us something that we want in the only way they're able to give it to us.

Screaming about it not being an '84 pack and about how easy it is to turn it from an Afterlife pack into an '84 pack is kinda missing the point: they're discretely giving us an "undocumented" way to make it an '84 pack if we so choose, which is something they do not have a license produce. We're getting to have our cake and eat it too. So rather than being upset that they aren't giving us a base '84 Proton Pack with Afterlife mods everyone should be thrilled they're giving us an Afterlife pack in which the Afterlife specific stuff can be taken off. This is being handled fantastically and I thank them for being so fan-friendly with this thing.
GhostFaceX wrote: December 1st, 2021, 11:04 pm

To be honest I don't want to mod it though. I just want to buy one. I'm getting irritated just trying to replace the neutrona wand handle. It's not an easy mod to make it look like a brand new 84 pack.
Jason at Ghostbusters News modded the grip on his Hasbro Pulse Spengler Neutrona wand rather simply and for little money. His video on it is here:

Last edited by Kingpin on December 3rd, 2021, 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added YouTube code
ZLevee liked this
Hasn’t it been mentioned multiple times here that it’s likely a licensing thing that they can’t make an ‘84 pack? That Mack probably has exclusive license to it?

I feel like this topic has been beat to death. I can’t wait for new info about the Haslab pack to come out so there’s something else to talk about on this thread
jonogunn wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 5:21 pm Hasn’t it been mentioned multiple times here that it’s likely a licensing thing that they can’t make an ‘84 pack? That Mack probably has exclusive license to it?

I feel like this topic has been beat to death. I can’t wait for new info about the Haslab pack to come out so there’s something else to talk about on this thread
jonogunn wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 5:21 pm Hasn’t it been mentioned multiple times here that it’s likely a licensing thing that they can’t make an ‘84 pack? That Mack probably has exclusive license to it?

Mentioned is just speculation. It makes no sense to assume they can’t get the license for that one particular thing.

All the stuff y’all are talking about how “they’re hush hush about turning it into an 84 pack” etc is because they were directed to make an afterlife pack because it’s the hot new movie, not because of licensing issues.

I was saying I want an as new 84 pack. Not just satisfied with one I’d have to paint.
ProtonPack83 liked this
GhostFaceX wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 6:07 pm

Mentioned is just speculation. It makes no sense to assume they can’t get the license for that one particular thing.

All the stuff y’all are talking about how “they’re hush hush about turning it into an 84 pack” etc is because they were directed to make an afterlife pack because it’s the hot new movie, not because of licensing issues.
You don't get how product licensing works. Hasbro has some licenses from Sony to produce some products based on Afterlife, including adult collector items or live action role-play props (however it's specified) and that license covers stuff like the Spengler Wand and the Spengler Pack. This license covers stuff from Afterlife only, it was for specific merchandise related exclusively to that film and only that film. An '84 Pack would require a license from GB1, which they do not have/do not want to spend more money on if it is even currently available. The fact that the Afterlife licensed pack can be "modded" out of the box into an '84 Pack is entirely by the good graces of the designers because they're trying to appeal to we hardcore that care about this kinda thing.

Hasbro didn't get a license for the Proton Pack and they're choosing to go with the Afterlife version, they got a license for Afterlife and are making a Proton Pack based on what was seen in that film. Anything outside of that would require another license, which is more expenses for Hasbro, if that license was even available at this time. Product licensing is a very big and complex subject, what we're getting is the best, most economical optional possible based off the licenses available at the time these contracts were signed (years ago, long before anyone knew if Afterlife would be a hit/positively received). They're bending over backwards to give us not just the best product based off Afterlife, but the best Ghostbusters product they can produce given the confines of the license agreement. Honestly about the only way I could fathom this thing being any more perfect is if they somehow include functionality with the old Matty Wand as well (and it would be insane to expect or get that!).

I get that you want a perfect '84 pack out of the box but that's not possible right now, otherwise it's what they would be doing.
deadderek, oidoglr, Kingpin liked this
RevRaven wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 6:52 pm
GhostFaceX wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 6:07 pm

You don't get how product licensing works. Hasbro has some licenses from Sony to produce some products based on Afterlife, including adult collector items or live action role-play props (however it's specified) and that license covers stuff like the Spengler Wand and the Spengler Pack. This license covers stuff from Afterlife only, it was for specific merchandise related exclusively to that film and only that film. An '84 Pack would require a license from GB1, which they do not have/do not want to spend more money on if it is even currently available. The fact that the Afterlife licensed pack can be "modded" out of the box into an '84 Pack is entirely by the good graces of the designers because they're trying to appeal to we hardcore that care about this kinda thing.

Hasbro didn't get a license for the Proton Pack and they're choosing to go with the Afterlife version, they got a license for Afterlife and are making a Proton Pack based on what was seen in that film. Anything outside of that would require another license, which is more expenses for Hasbro, if that license was even available at this time. Product licensing is a very big and complex subject, what we're getting is the best, most economical optional possible based off the licenses available at the time these contracts were signed (years ago, long before anyone knew if Afterlife would be a hit/positively received). They're bending over backwards to give us not just the best product based off Afterlife, but the best Ghostbusters product they can produce given the confines of the license agreement. Honestly about the only way I could fathom this thing being any more perfect is if they somehow include functionality with the old Matty Wand as well (and it would be insane to expect or get that!).

I get that you want a perfect '84 pack out of the box but that's not possible right now, otherwise it's what they would be doing.
It has nothing to do with licensing. That's such an insane idea that oh they can't make the proton pack of all things because of licensing. It's all due to marketing. Plus they could still say it's an afterlife pack since the 84s are still in afterlife.
ProtonPack83 liked this
Spacejockey426 wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 4:05 pm
GhostFaceX wrote: December 1st, 2021, 11:04 pm

Jason at Ghostbusters News modded the grip on his Hasbro Pulse Spengler Neutrona wand rather simply and for little money. His video on it is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIOKXfGUPXU
That's what I've already done with mine and it's a PIA. I never want to work with bondo again in my life.
GhostFaceX wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 7:02 pm
RevRaven wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 6:52 pm

It has nothing to do with licensing. That's such an insane idea that oh they can't make the proton pack of all things because of licensing. It's all due to marketing. Plus they could still say it's an afterlife pack since the 84s are still in afterlife.
You literally have no idea on how licensing works or what it entails. You're just plain wrong.
Yes. Well, I guess it's not going to stop on its own. So from this point, if a post is only talking about the '84 pack and it digresses from this thread topic, it will be deleted. I'm sorry it has to come to this as well as previously when we had to spin off a discussion about switches/lights into another thread but them's the bricks.
Allow me to start a new discussion: How do you all plan on displaying the pack once it arrives? I have a studio here at the house where I work out of and its part man cave, part grown up play room to help inspire me and my clients to be creative and have fun etc (I own a production company). In one corner I have a work bench and I thought about propping that out to make it look like Egons work bench. When i am not using it i thought it would be fun to have the pack on display like its being worked on etc.

What about you all? I'd love to hear what your blue sky ideas are!
For those that are using an Alice frame what style neck roll are you going to use? I am going to go with white foam and gaffer's tape, but I also got the exact same foam rolls they used for the sequels.
Spacejockey426 wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 4:05 pm

That's what I've already done with mine and it's a PIA. I never want to work with bondo again in my life.
What’s a PIA?
Last edited by Kingpin on December 3rd, 2021, 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added YouTube code
jonogunn wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 8:55 pm

What’s a PIA?
Pain in the ass
jonogunn liked this

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]