Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Spoilers Ahead.

First of all, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. It's easily the second best Ghostbusters film we've seen to date. But no work of art is without its flaws, and I wanted to discuss some that I thought of while digesting what I saw at the cinemas.

Spoilers Ahead.

This is your last warning.

Okay, Ghostbusters: Afterlife is clearly built on a foundation of the original Ghostbusters film. There are some references to Ghostbusters II, but they are easily missed, or dismissed.

There are obviously some issues with filming ending in late 2019, but it not being released until late 2021. But hopefully what I have to say can take that into consideration.

Gary Grooberson says that there have been no ghost sightings in 30 years, which either lines up perfectly with Ghostbusters II, or there's bit of extra padding for 2021. So that's good.

But when you get to Callie, Trevor, and Phoebe, we run into some uncomfortable issues. Phoebe and Trevor are stated to be 12 and 15, respectively, in the film. Phoebe's actress turned 13 during filming. So that's reasonable.

But if we are to take them at face value, then the suggestion would be that Callie's age is in the vicinity of 38, which is how old her actress was during filming.

That places her character's birth in 1981 or 83 (again, filmed and released two years apart).

She claims to have no memory of him, which would suggest that Egon Spengler was divorced, or had fathered her out of wedlock prior to the original film, and if it is in continuity, Ghostbusters II as well.

As the movie depicts, he clearly loved her, and took an interest in her from afar. Her mother, or someone else close to her growing up, provided him with photos and updates, unless of course we're to believe he was doing some incredibly early drone stalking.

I'm thinking that the best case scenario here for our beloved Egon, is that he and her mother came to some kind of understanding, largely at her behest, that he have no part in raising her, but that he would be provided with regular updates.

Someone has to be the baddie here, and the film goes out of its way to show that Egon wasn't it.

There's also the issue of Ray saying that he received a letter (phone call or post card, I forget exactly) 10 years later. It wasn't explicity stated what that interval was based on. Was it ten years after the Manhattan Crossrip (so 1994) or 10 years after her cleaned them out and went to Okalhoma?

At a bare minimum, it means 1994, and with Callie presumably being born between 1981 and 1983, they both lived in the Tri-State Area for over a decade, yet he never met her.

I can understand him not having any involvement once he took up post in Okalhoma, but it saddens me to think that he, for whatever reason, played no part in her upbringing while he was at Columbia University, with the Ghostbusters, experimenting with human emotions in a laboratory, Ghostbusting again... actually, he was conducting human emotion experiments. Perhaps that explains why the unnamed mother barred him from seeing his daughter.

I didn't get a good enough look at the board, but I believe there was at least a photo of Trevor (or Phoebe) with Callie that appeared to be shortly after their birth in the hospital. So whomever was supplying the photos, continued for some time.

I know we're not supposed to dwell on these things, it's a fun movie, it was wonderful, and a tribute to Egon. I'm just a little sad that Callie blamed Egon, when it seems that her mother had been at best, a mixed bag.

But these are my thoughts, what are yours?
Egon was always a bit detached emotionally, not quite a Vulcan and not quite a sociopath. Between that, his obsession with the paranormal, human emotion experimentation, and everything else, the mother may have felt him to be an unfit father figure and MAY have put him in a bad light to make sure Callie grew up somewhat well rounded without his influence. Originally, I believed that perhaps Callie was conceived after a one night stand or some hook up via Venkman, but with Callie having the Spengler family name... there was a marriage (unless Egon's spores, molds, and fungus taught him how to reproduce asexually). I can see Egon caring about his ex-wife and spawn and at least wanting updates through the years. This MAY have been something established after he moved to Summerville. I mean, think about it: his closest colleague thought he was going nuts and in his determination to do what was right, he robbed them blind. He wasn't EMOTIONLESS. He was all alone and probably reached out to his ex-wife to get updated on her and their child's life to try to fill the void he created with his friends.

I doubt we'll EVER really know the timeline here, officially. I just hope no one tries to spin this making Egon into some awful human being.
Theoretically, Callie could have been born in 1989/90 and had Trevor when she was 16/17? Considering her money trouble and somewhat poor parenting, being a teen mom could fit. (No offense to teen moms. It's a tough life)

Otherwise we have to assume Callie was born sometime before Ghostbusters 2; though it would be weird for Egon to have no mention of a new baby while he was doing experiments taking away puppies from little girls.
Spidon wrote: November 21st, 2021, 9:29 am Theoretically, Callie could have been born in 1989/90 and had Trevor when she was 16/17? Considering her money trouble and somewhat poor parenting, being a teen mom could fit. (No offense to teen moms. It's a tough life)

Otherwise we have to assume Callie was born sometime before Ghostbusters 2; though it would be weird for Egon to have no mention of a new baby while he was doing experiments taking away puppies from little girls.
This Post Contains Spoilers
If she was born anytime before the end of 1986, she could have had Trevor at the age of 20.

We don’t get much of the personal lives of the Ghostbusters in 1 and 2 beyond Ray’s parents having left him the family home and Peter’s interactions with Dana. We assumed all these years none of them had kids during the events of 84 and 89.
deadderek liked this
With there being 'no ghost activity for the last 30 years' - I guess we can still count Ghostbusters: The Video Game (set at Xmas 1991) as canon? I don't think it retcons anything from what I can fathom? Although maybe it does with Ivo Sandor? I'm glad, I love all the interesting canon the video game brought to the franchise.
Roamer wrote: November 21st, 2021, 12:54 pm I guess we can still count Ghostbusters: The Video Game (set at Xmas 1991) as canon
The Video Game isn't compatible with Afterlife for a very big reason:

Do not view if you have not seen the movie yet.
deadderek liked this
Kingpin wrote: November 21st, 2021, 1:43 pm
Roamer wrote: November 21st, 2021, 12:54 pm I guess we can still count Ghostbusters: The Video Game (set at Xmas 1991) as canon
The Video Game isn't compatible with Afterlife for a very big reason:

Do not view if you have not seen the movie yet.
I think forum member@robbritton addressed this brilliantly in the 'FEATURE TALKBACK THREAD':

While the game is clearly written out, you could kind of keep it in if you squint... How's this?:
I'm new to the forum so I 'spoilered' the above, just in case it does contain anything regarded as a spolier. ;)
robbritton liked this
Roamer wrote: November 21st, 2021, 12:54 pm With there being 'no ghost activity for the last 30 years' - I guess we can still count Ghostbusters: The Video Game (set at Xmas 1991) as canon? I don't think it retcons anything from what I can fathom? Although maybe it does with Ivo Sandor? I'm glad, I love all the interesting canon the video game brought to the franchise.
I have never played the game. I think it’s easy to assume no ghost activity in last 30 years is high profile events of the first two movies. Ray said business slowed down. That could be well into the 90s. Without heavy media coverage that the average person did not know about.

Slimer’s appearances became more frequent in 1984 but clearly we are told his sightings happened before Gozer. Which seems to fit an overall pattern. Ghosts always exists. But their appearances increase and become more high profile around the times of major super natural events.
Spidon wrote: November 21st, 2021, 9:29 am Theoretically, Callie could have been born in 1989/90 and had Trevor when she was 16/17? Considering her money trouble and somewhat poor parenting, being a teen mom could fit. (No offense to teen moms. It's a tough life)

Yes, Jason Reitman confirmed that in his Uproxx interview. By the time Ghostbusters II comes along, Callie is a child. We, the audience, didn't know he had a child at the time. But now we do.

I think it's safe to speculate she was born between 1983 and 1986.
Roamer wrote: November 21st, 2021, 12:54 pm With there being 'no ghost activity for the last 30 years' - I guess we can still count Ghostbusters: The Video Game (set at Xmas 1991) as canon? I don't think it retcons anything from what I can fathom? Although maybe it does with Ivo Sandor? I'm glad, I love all the interesting canon the video game brought to the franchise.
Minor correction, but it was the Thanksgiving holiday weekend in 1991.
Avilos, *NormalGamer* liked this
I think we can totally incorporate the video game into the timeline and make it all work. However, we as fans have to allow this simple conceit. That the video game is just that. A game that is based around events that happened in New York in 1991. Somethings were altered or exaggerated to make the game more enjoyable for the player. So the packs being able to switch to different modes were added to the game to make it more exciting for the player, slimer didn’t escape and go back to the Sedgewick as that was added to the game and Stay Puft didn’t cause nearly the damage to the city as shown in the game as he was in a weakened state when he was re-summoned by Ivo Shandor. I’m going with Venkman and Ilyssa didn’t have a romance and that was also added to the game for story purposes. Here’s how I see it:

The Gozer worshippers discover the selenium mine and establish Summerville as they extract the Selenium.

Shandor builds the temple in the mine as a ‘site B’ in case the primary temple in Manhattan is discovered.

Shandor dies in 1945 and ‘bizarre rituals’ are performed by his followers to keep his body from decaying. This might also tie into the miners jumping into the mine.

The events of Ghostbusters occur in 1984

Shortly thereafter Callie is conceived, which drives Janine apart from Egon and why they don’t have any interaction in GB2 as she is still heartbroken

The busters are driven out of business sometime in 1987 by the state suing them for the damages which occurred in GB1 (I’m basing this on TVG line Ray delivers of giving the Sedgewick a clean bill of health 5 years earlier which places them back at the Sedgewick sometime in 1986 so they were still in business then)

Shandors cult activate the slime apparatus once the busters are no longer a threat which creates the river of slime circa 1987-88. We see this in TVG as well and Winston realizes this was the origin of the mood slime.

The events of GB2 occur.

I’m speculating here but I believe the river of slime also allows Shandors spirit to emerge from the spirit world in a similar way it allowed the Scoleri brothers to manifest. Shandor puts his plan into effect by possessing the newly elected mayor Jacques Mulligan.

Peter and Dana marry (TVG suggests Venkman and Ilyssa had a romance but this makes no sense as Peter and Dana are married in Afterlife and having them break up yet again after GB2 is messy and ultimately pointless).

The Ecto 1A is either converted to the Ecto 1B which seems to be the case in TVG or the 1A was damaged and replaced by the 1B whichever explanation you prefer but this explains why it is not seen in Afterlife (more on that in a minute)

The events of TVG occur. Again, events were exaggerated for playability, but the basics are still there. Shandor uses a blood descendant to activate the mandala and assume his destructor form. The Ecto Containment unit is damaged and the Ecto 1B is also damaged beyond repair as we see it hit by green lightning from Shandors temple in Central Park. Shandor is defeated in his destructor form and trapped in the spirit world just like in TVG. This will allow him to come back in Afterlife as he was not destroyed just weakened in a similar fashion to Gozer.

The original Ecto 1 is recommissioned and Ecto 1A/1B is retired since it was damaged too severely in the battle with Shandor. The containment unit is rebuilt as well. The containment unit in TVG was also exaggerated which is why they look different. The busters don’t want all their secrets out after all.

Sometime after TVG Winston marries and has kids.

The events of the video game cause Egon to further research Shandors cult

Callie now 8-9 years old (let’s say it’s roughly 1994 at this point) learns the truth about her father and grows up hating science because of him

Paranormal activity slowly starts to decrease in New York over the next 5 years. Egon becomes more obsessed with the Gozer worshippers and tracks down Shandor mining company in Summerville. He and Ray visit the town roughly 1999 but discover no PKE traces. Ray starts to doubt his friends sanity.

2001, the Ghostbusters are all but finished as business has essentially dried up. With no viable proof that Gozer will re-emerge in Summerville, and his friends disbelieving him, Egon steals the Ecto, traps and proton packs and goes to Summerville. With no equipment and no money left, the Ghostbusters close their doors. Ray is furious at Egon for essentially killing his dream.

Peter returns to teaching

Winston starts his own business eventually growing successful. He always has a small twinge of regret that Ghostbusters went under. Winston uses his wealth to secretly buy the firehouse, telling Ray a famous actor purchased it with the intent to make it into a Starbucks as Ray can’t quite move on. Winston funds Rays occult to keep Ray close by in case the Ghostbusters are ever needed. Winston also hires Janine to keep an eye on Egon.

2006, Trevor is born

2009, Phoebe is born

Late 2020, earthquakes begin in Summerville, the mine is exposed and Egon discovers the temple and Ivo Shandors preserved body. Egon sets up the packs to cross the streams forcing the portal to close whenever it opens. Egon attempts to reach Ray but he has become bitter over the perceived betrayal and refuses to listen to Egon.

The events of Afterlife take place.

This is how I’m reconciling everything in my head anyway. Feel free to add, subtract or debunk but I think it works for the most part
Avilos, Roamer liked this
I admire the effort to reconcile the two, but Shandor's motivation and personification remain inconsistent between the movie and the game.

TVG: Shandor makes himself a destroyer form because he hung his hopes twice on Gozer only to feel personally let down on both occasions.

Afterlife: Shandor is clearly in adoration of Gozer and still devoted to worshiping it/her/him.

Then there's also the matter of Shandor's skull appearing in the game.
Kingpin wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 4:05 am I admire the effort to reconcile the two, but Shandor's motivation and personification remain inconsistent between the movie and the game.

TVG: Shandor makes himself a destroyer form because he hung his hopes twice on Gozer only to feel personally let down on both occasions.

Afterlife: Shandor is clearly in adoration of Gozer and still devoted to worshiping it/her/him.

I did cover that in my version by having his devotion be weaselling after he knew he'd done Gozer wrong in 1991!

And thank you for the kind words @Roamer! I have to be honest and say my ideas were more a thought experiment than anything anyone couldn't poke a huge hole in quite easily, but I'm glad you liked them!
Roamer liked this
I got to watch it late last night here (only person in the theatre) for the 3rd time and Trevor does say to Callie that she never met him and she also says numerous times she didn't know him at all. Yet she does say she knew he ditched his partners. If you look at the year the film takes place which is 2021 and Trevor is 15 and Phoebe is 12. The picture of her as a baby has her born in 1983 for Callie.

so if you take away the 15years that makes her 23 when she had Trevor...not that far fetched for having a kid. Maybe Egon did try to be part of her life but Callie's mom who along with Callie's ex we hear little if nothing about didn't feel she wanted Egon in her life or maybe he didn't know until after she was born and maybe they lived or moved away from new york? I have more questions about the family life then the main plot oddly.

We know it was 10 years after Egon left he called Ray again but we don't know what year that was. Just that it was "ten years later he calls me..". 30 plus years since GB2 does give plenty of time for that.
Last edited by RealGhostbusterJay on November 25th, 2021, 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
I thought for certain, based on everything Jason said, we'd get easter eggs that went beyond the 1st movie. While I spotted many, the only 2 non GB 1 easter eggs (Aside from Ray's Occult) was Lucky's necklace as an indirect reference to Patty's in GB:ATC, and the Eyeball Ghost from RGB toys.

I thought maybe we'd get a slime blower, or a giga meter in there. I know the toaster in in Dirt Farmer's kitchen, but it was never shown in the theatrical cut.

I suppose my delusions of grandeur were that we'd see some kind of reference to the game/comics - even if it was 1991 in the Shandor mine as a cataclysm with the other dates.

Recognition of the game / comics would also indirectly acknowledge ATC, which would've been a nice subtle nod with out stirring a pot; considering how Jason's spoke about it ATC.
DocLathropBrown wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 9:09 am As Kingpin pointed out--the game really doesn't fit in.

But that's okay. RGB doesn't fit. The IDW comics don't fit. EGB doesn't fit. There's plenty of split timelines... the video game just belongs to the timeline of the IDW comics, where business never slowed down.
It's looking TVG is it's own timeline. Well, technically 3 since there's 3 versions of the game. IDW has its own version of TVG (i.e. stuff that differed was all 3 rookies were hired, the Spiderwitch was dispatched differently with Proton Grenades).
I mentioned this a few months ago, but I really think Egon just made a sperm donation...was vaguely aware of who the recipient was and then loosely kept track of Callie hence all the pictures. He could have made the donation at any time and then it was used at anytime. I´m good with that explanation for continuity sake. I´m sure the recipient tried to get money from him but soon realized that he was poor or moved on, thus the explanation that Callie got of Egon from her mom.
mrmichaelt wrote:
I think it's safe to speculate she was born between 1983 and 1986.
Callie was born in 1982-1983. There's a photo of a baby on Egon's board with a note dated 1983.
joezlo wrote:

I thought maybe we'd get a slime blower, or a giga meter in there. I know the toaster in in Dirt Farmer's kitchen, but it was never shown in the theatrical cut.
There is a gigameter! When Egon shines the light on his degrees, the gigameter is on the table underneath them.
Egon Zeddemore wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 3:01 am I think we can totally incorporate the video game into the timeline and make it all work. However, we as fans have to allow this simple conceit. That the video game is just that. A game that is based around events that happened in New York in 1991. Somethings were altered or exaggerated to make the game more enjoyable for the player. So the packs being able to switch to different modes were added to the game to make it more exciting for the player, slimer didn’t escape and go back to the Sedgewick as that was added to the game and Stay Puft didn’t cause nearly the damage to the city as shown in the game as he was in a weakened state when he was re-summoned by Ivo Shandor. I’m going with Venkman and Ilyssa didn’t have a romance and that was also added to the game for story purposes. Here’s how I see it:

The Gozer worshippers discover the selenium mine and establish Summerville as they extract the Selenium.

Shandor builds the temple in the mine as a ‘site B’ in case the primary temple in Manhattan is discovered.

Shandor dies in 1945 and ‘bizarre rituals’ are performed by his followers to keep his body from decaying. This might also tie into the miners jumping into the mine.

The events of Ghostbusters occur in 1984

Shortly thereafter Callie is conceived, which drives Janine apart from Egon and why they don’t have any interaction in GB2 as she is still heartbroken

The busters are driven out of business sometime in 1987 by the state suing them for the damages which occurred in GB1 (I’m basing this on TVG line Ray delivers of giving the Sedgewick a clean bill of health 5 years earlier which places them back at the Sedgewick sometime in 1986 so they were still in business then)

Shandors cult activate the slime apparatus once the busters are no longer a threat which creates the river of slime circa 1987-88. We see this in TVG as well and Winston realizes this was the origin of the mood slime.

The events of GB2 occur.

I’m speculating here but I believe the river of slime also allows Shandors spirit to emerge from the spirit world in a similar way it allowed the Scoleri brothers to manifest. Shandor puts his plan into effect by possessing the newly elected mayor Jacques Mulligan.

Peter and Dana marry (TVG suggests Venkman and Ilyssa had a romance but this makes no sense as Peter and Dana are married in Afterlife and having them break up yet again after GB2 is messy and ultimately pointless).

The Ecto 1A is either converted to the Ecto 1B which seems to be the case in TVG or the 1A was damaged and replaced by the 1B whichever explanation you prefer but this explains why it is not seen in Afterlife (more on that in a minute)

The events of TVG occur. Again, events were exaggerated for playability, but the basics are still there. Shandor uses a blood descendant to activate the mandala and assume his destructor form. The Ecto Containment unit is damaged and the Ecto 1B is also damaged beyond repair as we see it hit by green lightning from Shandors temple in Central Park. Shandor is defeated in his destructor form and trapped in the spirit world just like in TVG. This will allow him to come back in Afterlife as he was not destroyed just weakened in a similar fashion to Gozer.

The original Ecto 1 is recommissioned and Ecto 1A/1B is retired since it was damaged too severely in the battle with Shandor. The containment unit is rebuilt as well. The containment unit in TVG was also exaggerated which is why they look different. The busters don’t want all their secrets out after all.

Sometime after TVG Winston marries and has kids.

The events of the video game cause Egon to further research Shandors cult

Callie now 8-9 years old (let’s say it’s roughly 1994 at this point) learns the truth about her father and grows up hating science because of him

Paranormal activity slowly starts to decrease in New York over the next 5 years. Egon becomes more obsessed with the Gozer worshippers and tracks down Shandor mining company in Summerville. He and Ray visit the town roughly 1999 but discover no PKE traces. Ray starts to doubt his friends sanity.

2001, the Ghostbusters are all but finished as business has essentially dried up. With no viable proof that Gozer will re-emerge in Summerville, and his friends disbelieving him, Egon steals the Ecto, traps and proton packs and goes to Summerville. With no equipment and no money left, the Ghostbusters close their doors. Ray is furious at Egon for essentially killing his dream.

Peter returns to teaching

Winston starts his own business eventually growing successful. He always has a small twinge of regret that Ghostbusters went under. Winston uses his wealth to secretly buy the firehouse, telling Ray a famous actor purchased it with the intent to make it into a Starbucks as Ray can’t quite move on. Winston funds Rays occult to keep Ray close by in case the Ghostbusters are ever needed. Winston also hires Janine to keep an eye on Egon.

2006, Trevor is born

2009, Phoebe is born

Late 2020, earthquakes begin in Summerville, the mine is exposed and Egon discovers the temple and Ivo Shandors preserved body. Egon sets up the packs to cross the streams forcing the portal to close whenever it opens. Egon attempts to reach Ray but he has become bitter over the perceived betrayal and refuses to listen to Egon.

The events of Afterlife take place.

This is how I’m reconciling everything in my head anyway. Feel free to add, subtract or debunk but I think it works for the most part
This is brilliant stuff and exactly what I came here for, bravo.

I've never liked to think of the Ghostbusters going defunct right after the first movie, you giving them a grace period of a year or two is great and makes sense, knowing the legal system the process of them being sued and all that wouldn't have happened quickly.

And I was concerned with Afterlife implying they went defunct soon after the second movie, but your timeline makes a lot of sense.

And I was concerned about the canon status of the video game and again, what you put forth makes sense, one thing that is a bit odd is The Rookie, but one can easily just say that the events of the game were too much for him and he quit soon after.

Also, I feel like
Ivo Shandor is shown entombed in a glass coffin, in some sort of stasis state... With the implication he's been that way since the 1940s. If he was in the temple in Summerville in 1991, he couldn't have been in New York to transform himself into The Architect.
Shandor's body was never present, that was just his spirit.
I was thinking about that as well, but maybe
An Invisible Bed wrote:I've never liked to think of the Ghostbusters going defunct right after the first movie, you giving them a grace period of a year or two is great and makes sense, knowing the legal system the process of them being sued and all that wouldn't have happened quickly.
Venkman did say, in GB2, "It's been a couple of years" (emphasis added) "since we used this stuff" during the courtroom scene. There is a little bit of headcanon wiggle room there if you chose to use it.
I like what it's beign said here, and would liek to add my grain of salt to the cronology:

-GB 1984 Event. They probably continued chasing ghosts for a couple of years before they got shutted down by the Goverment.
-GB II 1989 Event. They kept working on the bussines until they "Dried out", it never specifies when that happened, but seems they got some work for a while, maybe a few years until they got to the point that they went form 10 calls a week to 1 a week.

That means, and I want to really make it work, that The Videogame and even the Comic Books could be "canon" as said before

The video game happens on 1992, just 3 years after GB2, so its pretty close, and maybe thats the last major "Event" Media gets a hold of. Thats 29 years before 2021, so it could fit on the "30 years without a ghost sight", Probably they kept chasing ghosts in a lower porfile, not that mediatic, and more local after The Videogame events, We know how people/news are, they get excited about something and then they ignore it as if it never happene dor its not happening. Just check what happened with the Talibans, so much coverage on the main event, barely nothing months later, and they are in the same situation or worst.

About the VideoGame, I know about the Ivo Shandor... but... All we know in afterlife is that his Body is well preserved (maybe a curse around the coffin?) and he just awakes when the gateway is opened. So HE IS A GHOST, he is DEAD and a Gateway needs to be open so he can return to his body. So The Vidoegame events could have happened, remember he ditched Gozer to be himself a truly God, so he betrayed Gozer in a way, and tried to overstep her/him/it. That would justify why Gozer rips him in 2 when he sees him? That's not there because "yes", we never saw Gozer act like that, totally the oposite, he/she is very calm and unemotional.

So that means that they probably could run the bussines for a few years on a lower key, maybe a couple? 1995? maybe a bit more? that would make sense. That would be a nice time frame for the comic books to happen. Or get retconed to be on a lower key a bit maybe? I would need to re-read it thru the major arcs, but I don't recall there was any BIG event that afected the Media as it did in the movies.. Maybe the International trip or Thiamat?

After that Egoon might have left by then, so he would have called Ray 10 years later, when he was sure of what was going on on Summerville and did all the discoveries and stuff he needed to prove he was right, Arround 2005-2010. But it was too late for get believed by the guys you stole all the equipment and wiped out (I'm sure they stop GB bussines because Egoon took almost everything, so Ray had ot Build new stuff, that means more money in bills, not enough ghost to cover all, they loose the firehouse, probably kept working on a lower rent place for a bit, but got to a point that was not rentable and they just decided to finish the Bussines. Probably Venkman alreayd departed before it reached to this point. It took 10-15 more years to prepare what he did on Summervile, convert the farmhous einto a gigantic trap, and put the security measures on the Gateway. Let's remember he was alone, working on allt his shit, and his supply store was probably not very quick abotu getting stuff. At the same time he had to "farm" stuff to "Barely kep the light on" since he had to survive for several years and still pay the bills. I Bet that he called Jannine after he got dimissed by Ray, so Jannine was around in and out the whole time untill he died. Thats why she struggles to define his relationship with him, they were together, but not officialy together probably, with ins and outs since Egoon was a bit "on the other side" mentaly, and probbaly got worts thru the years since he was alone. At least for what we heard from everyone.

Somehting Why I want to still believe that the Comic books are canon in a certan way... is because Winston in the credits is called: dr. Zedmore. He never was a Dr, and yet they explain that after GB bussines shutted down, he went into finances... While in the COmic Books, he got his Doctorade in science studying at night while workign witht he GB.

What do you guys think?
mrmichaelt wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 5:10 pm
DocLathropBrown wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 9:09 am As Kingpin pointed out--the game really doesn't fit in.

But that's okay. RGB doesn't fit. The IDW comics don't fit. EGB doesn't fit. There's plenty of split timelines... the video game just belongs to the timeline of the IDW comics, where business never slowed down.
It's looking TVG is it's own timeline. Well, technically 3 since there's 3 versions of the game. IDW has its own version of TVG (i.e. stuff that differed was all 3 rookies were hired, the Spiderwitch was dispatched differently with Proton Grenades).
I'm pretty much okay with this.

I already said this before: Afterlife can be it's own timeline in the IDW comics set apart from the IDW prime timeline and the IDW comics did a great job in giving each unique GB world it's own timeline/dimension to tell stories in, old or new; I also prefer them to be floating timelines, too.
mrmichaelt, robbritton liked this
Doesn't Shandor Island alone mess with the canon of Afterlife? In the game, it's owned by the Shandors for centuries until Ivo dies and it sinks in the river and disappears from this realm.

You would think he wanted to buried there instead of near the mine, as it descended right into the spirit world.
Alphagaia wrote: November 27th, 2021, 11:43 am Doesn't Shandor Island alone mess with the canon of Afterlife? In the game, it's owned by the Shandors for centuries until Ivo dies and it sinks in the river and disappears from this realm.

You would think he wanted to buried there instead of near the mine, as it descended right into the spirit world.
Someone actually made it believable that GBTVG and Afterlife are both canon. I forgot where I read it.

If you think about it it makes sense. Who would (really) win?

A Jewish architect from 1920.

Or an actual 7000 year old God.

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]