Well, it's less than 500 away from halfway there and it hasn't even been 12 hours yet. I know that something like this would be prone to a very quick mass influx of preorders and probably slow down soon. But I seriously think it'll be fully backed within a week, max.
deadderek liked this
Ryusui wrote: October 27th, 2021, 10:52 pm Well, it's less than 500 away from halfway there and it hasn't even been 12 hours yet. I know that something like this would be prone to a very quick mass influx of preorders and probably slow down soon. But I seriously think it'll be fully backed within a week, max.
Agreed. I can see 7 by the end of 1 week.
And here I was bummed out 'cause I missed a chance to get the updated Spirit pack. Blessing in disguise I guess.

The Mega64 boyz were discussing the pack on their podcast Sunday night. The efforts of 'busters to track down what every prop is / was made of did not go unnoticed. They joke, but Garrett spoke very highly on your building prowesses.

Skip to 20:53 to get straight to the spook smashers part.
Last edited by Macktacular on October 27th, 2021, 11:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
deadderek liked this
Doing a little more studying of the pictures. I noticed it looks like the bumper fits into some slots and locks in place with the ion knob. I was thinking we'd have to remove the 4 bumper bolts and the ion knob just to access the removable cyclotron feature but it's looking super easy. barely an inconvenience. I am noticing in the space under the cyclotron there are toggle switches. Do we know if they're functional?
Alphagaia wrote: October 28th, 2021, 12:19 am YES! FINALLY! I WANT IT! TAKE MY MONEY HASBRO!

Clicks on website. Puts in basket.

NO SHIPPING TO EU???

?#@€@_--++++@#€€#!!!!
Yeah, I also wanted to buy one, but looks like like EU fans are not welcomed at all. Does anyone know, whether that's planned at all or whether we're stuck paying triple the price when scalpers receive their pack?
Alphagaia liked this
LouisZeddemore wrote: October 28th, 2021, 12:28 amDoes anyone know, whether that's planned at all or whether we're stuck paying triple the price when scalpers receive their pack?
I unfortunately suspect the lack of an EU option was planned. The MattyCollector props were somewhat affected by the electrical requirements under EU law, and Spirit eventually just blocked all access to potential customers from the EU region. I suspect that the rules are still considered prohibitive by Hasbro, so they just washed their hands of the EU zone... They maybe decided that the potential income raised from Europe wasn't enough to justify trying to offer the Pack to the part of the world. :(
LouisZeddemore liked this
I literally spent $50 on green slime and free shipping and have zero regrets. My only hope now is I can add an ALICE frame and I'm perfectly content. One thing that semi sucks out the box is that it won't sync up to Neutrona Wand or maybe they will figure out a workaround to that. If not I imagine someone will take a crack at it. To that whoever that hero is I say thank you in advance. :cool:
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: October 28th, 2021, 2:08 am Ok, I didn't realise this was actually backable without membership and in the UK too.

Well, well, well. This is quite a dilemma I have here.

Better sell that Spirit Pack.
Yup yup. Sell the plastic toy and step it up! Not too fast though it doesn't ship until 2023.
Alphagaia liked this
Mercedesslr wrote: October 28th, 2021, 2:19 am I literally spent $50 on green slime and free shipping and have zero regrets. My only hope now is I can add an ALICE frame and I'm perfectly content.
You already had free shipping included, so you spent fifty bucks on slime.

On the other hand, on the GB Reddit some Hasbro Employee hinted that you can attach an ALICE frame on the back because the pack has some familiar looking holes.

@Kingpin, which feels weird to me, cause they had no problems shipping the Spengler Wand to me. :-(
mrmichaelt, deadderek liked this
I see 4 odd holes down the middle that slight protrude and two rectangular panels on the bottom sides that slightly protrude. None of which look like holes for Alice frame nor long enough to be spacers. Granted we can’t see the entirety of the rectangular panels so we don’t know if there’s something there. I wonder what exact they are referring to
deadderek liked this
Mercedesslr wrote: October 28th, 2021, 2:19 am I literally spent $50 on green slime and free shipping and have zero regrets. My only hope now is I can add an ALICE frame and I'm perfectly content. One thing that semi sucks out the box is that it won't sync up to Neutrona Wand or maybe they will figure out a workaround to that. If not I imagine someone will take a crack at it. To that whoever that hero is I say thank you in advance. :cool:
Isn't that the first stretch goal though? 9,000 backers and it will sync up out of the box.

Hope it gets enough backing for the display stand...
Yeah, I also wonder why the spengler wand or all the other electronical toys were no problem to release in Germany, but here suddenly it is a big NO-NO... I am 100%sure, if they could/would release it globally, the Tier 4 stage would already be reached 😅

But that's sadly with all the cool stuff (not only ghostbusters) that we in Germany have to go great lengths to get it (mostly for double the price 😭)
Alphagaia liked this
Two things holding me back:

1) The Alice Frame issue - really would love someone from HasLab to clarify if one can be fitted.

2) Am I right in thinking that there is no word on if the Spengler wand and pack electronics can be hooked up straight out of the box. Seems a little odd to have the wand and pack working independently of each other.

Want to get one. Really do…
I think is fair to say the wand and pack are independent. When the wand came out there was quite a few electronics skilled people who did teardown videos on YT. There is a absolutely no way to get a signal out to a external device. Only way people have done it is by opening the wand and soldering wires.

Still for the cost and all the other features, I think its a steal of a deal.
deadderek liked this
Not even 24 hours in and it's nearly at 3,500 backers. :O
I also have a feeling it'll reach it's goal by the end of the week.
deadderek liked this
VenomSymbiote wrote: October 28th, 2021, 6:43 am
gamera1968 wrote: October 28th, 2021, 6:33 am Not even 24 hours in and it's nearly at 3,500 backers. :O
I also have a feeling it'll reach it's goal by the end of the week.
How long do these things usually take to get backed?
6 weeks is the time frame to back the project. :)
October 27th to December 12th, 2021.
Once it's fully backed, they'll start production which would take a year.
Shipping date is prior to March, 2023.

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]