Following the teaser during Hasbro's Pulse Con event last week, Ghostbusters fans have now been given a preview of the Proton Pack replica the toy company has developed to release through its HasLab range, a customer crowd-funded facility similar to Kickstarter.

Here are the details we currently know:
Price: $399.99/£359.99
Features: Lights and sounds inspired by the screen-used Proton Pack props and how they appear on-screen in the movies.
Design: Scanned from one of the screen-used props featured in Ghostbusters: Afterlife.
Stretch Goals:
1) The Classic Bundle (inspired by the 1984 movie)
The first stretch goal will include a connection hose that hooks the HasLab Proton Pack up to the Spengler Neutrona Wand. Custom 1984 decals with a brushed chrome look will also be included for your pre-existing Spengler Neutrona Wand.
-9000 Backers.

2) The Ghostbusters: Afterlife Bundle
The second stretch goal will include 3 Plasma Series Mini-Pufts figures AND 3 alternate, swappable heads, featuring NEW DECO! A white marshmallow goo attachment for the Proton Pack will also be included.
-11,000 Backers.

3) The Spengler Special
The third stretch goal will include a sheet of Ghostbusters-themed decals and an Egon Spengler 16-page notebook that includes schematics, handwritten notes, and personal anecdotes.
-13,000 Backers.

4) The Supernatural Stand
The fourth stretch goal will include an exclusive high-quality display stand.
-15,000 Backers.

One feature of note that was shown with a physical prototype of the replica, and is a small spoiler for something that will be seen in Ghostbusters: Afterlife, was a
This Post Contains Spoilers
The HasLab Proton Pack replica is not supplied with a Proton Gun, but is compatible with the existing Plasma Series Spengler's Neutrona Wand.

Those interested in pledging support to the campaign will have until 11:59pm Eastern Time on December 12th, 2021 to do so. The project requires 7,000 backers minimum to be greenlit for production.

If successful, the replicas are expected to ship around March 2023.

More images (including those aforementioned-spoilers) can be seen on the replica's official page.
Prime 1986, kahuna900, ZLevee and 2 others liked this
Its noted on the Haslab page itself that no wand is included, but is compatible with the Spengler Wand Hasbro has already released.

This thing is a homerun though and that price is bonkers. Even having to buy a Spengler Wand on top of it, you're looking at like $550 for a pack.
roigroigroig liked this
jonogunn wrote: October 27th, 2021, 4:17 pm In the pic with the man wearing it it doesn’t look 1:1 scale. I hope they release more info on the sizing
That was one of my first thoughts as well. Maybe it was just photoshopped poorly onto the model? 1:1 means 1:1 right? Maybe the lack of an Alice frame makes it sit lower on the guys back.
deadderek liked this
Wedgeismyhero wrote: October 27th, 2021, 4:26 pm It's hard to make out, but I'm hoping that motherboard has mounting holes for an Alice frame. Looks like it might!
jonogunn wrote: October 27th, 2021, 4:31 pm Now to find the afterlife hose attachments
THawke wrote: October 27th, 2021, 4:44 pm I'm curious as to how the Spengler Neutrona Wand will attach to the proton pack. It doesn't look like it comes with a hose to attach the two parts together.
It's a stretch goal. 9000 backers:
https://ghostbustersnews.com/2021/10/27 ... l-details/
9,000 BACKERS – CLASS I UNLOCKABLE STRETCH GOAL: THE CLASSIC BUNDLE
The first stretch goal will include a connection hose that hooks the HasLab Proton Pack up to the Spengler Neutrona Wand. Custom 1984 decals with a brushed chrome look will also be included for your pre-existing Spengler Neutrona Wand.

11,000 BACKERS – CLASS II UNLOCKABLE STRETCH GOAL: THE GHOSTBUSTERS: AFTERLIFE BUNDLE
The second stretch goal will include 3 Plasma Series Mini-Pufts figures AND 3 alternate, swappable heads, featuring NEW DECO! A white marshmallow goo attachment for the Proton Pack will also be included.

13,000 BACKERS – CLASS III UNLOCKABLE STRETCH GOAL: THE SPENGLER SPECIAL
The third stretch goal will include a sheet of Ghostbusters-themed decals and an Egon Spengler 16-page notebook that includes schematics, handwritten notes, and personal anecdotes.

15,000 BACKERS – CLASS IV UNLOCKABLE STRETCH GOAL: THE SUPERNATURAL STAND
The fourth stretch goal will include an exclusive high-quality display stand.
jonogunn wrote: October 27th, 2021, 4:51 pm I'm guessing the hose will be a regular split loom but hope it's the afterlife version.

Does the second part mean they include pristine stickers to replace the existing ones on the spengler wand?
My guess is that it will look like the one in the video:
(from https://ghostbustersnews.com/2021/10/27 ... ab-reveal/)
So I just dropped the $426, but I’m a bit confused/concerned… I don’t think I’m a “premium member”. Does that mean I’m not included in the stretch goals?
Scum wrote: October 27th, 2021, 5:26 pm So I just dropped the $426, but I’m a bit confused/concerned… I don’t think I’m a “premium member”. Does that mean I’m not included in the stretch goals?
You don't need to be a premium member for the stretch goals. Premium members who sign up in the first 48 hours get free green slime.
Scum liked this
Scum wrote: October 27th, 2021, 5:26 pm So I just dropped the $426, but I’m a bit confused/concerned… I don’t think I’m a “premium member”. Does that mean I’m not included in the stretch goals?
I think it just means you don't get the green slime attachment. Everything else should be included for non-premium buyers
Scum liked this
jonogunn wrote: October 27th, 2021, 5:28 pm
You don't need to be a premium member for the stretch goals. Premium members who sign up in the first 48 hours get free green slime.
Awesome, thanks!
deadderek wrote: October 27th, 2021, 4:33 pm
Wedgeismyhero wrote: October 27th, 2021, 4:26 pm It's hard to make out, but I'm hoping that motherboard has mounting holes for an Alice frame. Looks like it might!
I don't really know how the ALICE frame gets connected, but you are implying that all these back holes around the edges and connectors on the middle are made for an ALICE frame addition????
Scum wrote:So I just dropped the $426, but I’m a bit confused/concerned… I don’t think I’m a “premium member”. Does that mean I’m not included in the stretch goals?
I agree with jonogunn but just in case, I sent an email to Hasbro Pulse to clarify that detail.

But yeah, I think that's a "bad photoshop" on that model. Probably just a temp mock up to show the goo attachment.
jonogunn liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: October 27th, 2021, 5:48 pm
Scum wrote:So I just dropped the $426, but I’m a bit confused/concerned… I don’t think I’m a “premium member”. Does that mean I’m not included in the stretch goals?
I agree with jonogunn but just in case, I sent an email to Hasbro Pulse to clarify that detail.

But yeah, I think that's a "bad photoshop" on that model. Probably just a temp mock up to show the goo attachment.
Please do let us know what they say!
mrmichaelt liked this
I'm not that excited for this other than the price because they chose the Afterlife pack instead of the 84 version that most fans REALLY wanted. I cannot understand why they wouldn't simply release an 84' pack that could be "modded" through stretch goals to be either or. I'm not interested in getting Phoebe's pack in the least - I want Spengler's actual 84 pack with no mods. Just seems like a stupid move on Hasbro's behalf.

30/40 yr olds haven't been waiting for 30 years to get an even more weathered and modded pack from the new movie, they want the original. That is exactly why I didn't buy the Spengler wand either - I much prefer the Matty wand's accuracy, look and feel. Even the hose on this looks wonky and has foam wrap on part of it. I feel like this is a real missed opportunity to do the pack right...but $399 is a surprising number. I'm sure many will hop on it just for that reason alone and call it close enough.
ZLevee liked this
Well, it’s definitely a step up from the spirit pack. But for 400 bucks you’d think they’d add a damn Alice frame. Also I concur that it should’ve been an 84 classic. I know Afterlife is the flavor of the month much like the video game was. But not everyone wants the massively weathered version. But I guess this will be a good place for folks to start.
ProtonPack83 liked this
ProtonPack83 wrote: October 27th, 2021, 6:10 pm I'm not that excited for this other than the price because they chose the Afterlife pack instead of the 84 version that most fans REALLY wanted. I cannot understand why they wouldn't simply release an 84' pack that could be "modded" through stretch goals to be either or. I'm not interested in getting Phoebe's pack in the least - I want Spengler's actual 84 pack with no mods. Just seems like a stupid move on Hasbro's behalf.

30/40 yr olds haven't been waiting for 30 years to get an even more weathered and modded pack from the new movie, they want the original. That is exactly why I didn't buy the Spengler wand either - I much prefer the Matty wand's accuracy, look and feel. Even the hose on this looks wonky and has foam wrap on part of it. I feel like this is a real missed opportunity to do the pack right...but $399 is a surprising number. I'm sure many will hop on it just for that reason alone and call it close enough.
They tried that. Anovos.
Ryusui, SpaceBallz liked this
Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I'm actually happier that they chose the Afterlife version.

First off, die-hard fans have had the resources available for over a decade to build their own screen-accurate '84 pack. And those resources have become easier to obtain in terms of effort and cost. Think about how much work the early Ghostheads had to put into getting all the details right. Scratch building packs and wands from wood and/or plastic. Over the years, we've basically gotten "build-a-pack" kits in forms like fiberglass and resin castings, and even metal. And the costs to produce the various pieces has dropped dramatically. Hell, there are videos on YouTube for how to build a VERY accurate pack mostly out of foam.

And let's be honest - we, the propbuilding community of Ghostheads, are going to pay much more attention to miniscule details than any toy company ever will. Ensuring the utmost accuracy, and using the absolute greatest parts that can be built or sourced.

The other reason I'm happier with the decision to go '21 over '84 is that I already have an '84 pack. I'm sure most of us do. I spent a lot of time and money on building it. And I'm probably going to do a better version, as I have a second, better quality and more accurate shell still sitting in storage. And the '21 pack looks PHENOMENAL. I would love to build one of those as well. But there are SO many more tiny details added to it that will likely take another several years of repeat watchings, screen grabs, BTS research, and discussion to accurately replicate. Not to mention the cost to obtain all those parts and then the time and effort to put together. Hasbro is giving us what looks to be a more than respectable shortcut to add a '21 pack to our collections.

As a small footnote, there is still the Mack's Factory pack kit. I mean, you want a studio endorsed replica - there it is. Granted it'll ring in a lot higher than $400, but let's be real, here. If Hasbro was going to put out an affordable, but still high-quality replica, Afterlife makes the most sense, financially speaking. It's the one strongest in the spotlight, currently. So it has the most recognition. And it's one that most, if not nobody will have yet.

Coover5 wrote: October 27th, 2021, 6:31 pm I'm not all that surprised it's the afterlife pack especially if this turns out to be the new look for the pack in future projects but I am surprised that the kid friendly blue roleplay line leaned toward the classic pack and wand.
I would guess that they opted for the classic style for two reasons.
1) Easier and cheaper to replicate.
2) Sprinkles these new toys with just enough nostalgia to also potentially entice older fans to buy them as collectibles.
gamera1968, ccv66, Kingpin liked this
I backed it right away.
And it shouldn't be too hard to mod it much like the Plasma Series Spengler's Wand.
Even I want to add an ALICE frame to make it easier to wear. ;)

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]