I've taken out the stock electronics, sanded off the copyright text, and I'm just about ready to texture and paint the pack. I also managed to take care of the HGA.
I was also able to snag an alice frame for about $20 from the local Army surplus warehouse, and a brass rod and foam pipe insulation from the hardware store. I noticed that the wand loom is a bit too stiff for my liking and found an old c-pap hose in my cosplay parts bin. Then decided to do something to personalize my kit.
I originally thought of going with green LEDs for the wand loom, but decided to go with red to match the cyclotron lights. I'm really pushing the envelope with my deadlines, but I figure I'll work to get the cosmetics done for Halloween and the electronics done for Afterlife. I'll post progress pics here as things move along.