By Idabuster
I've been cosplaying for about 8 years, prop building for a lot longer than that. I've been slowly 3d printing parts for a full-size pack, but have been distracted and sidetracked with other projects over the last year and a half. With Halloween and Afterlife coming up, I decided I needed a pack for both events and settled on modifying a Spirit pack. My local Spirit Halloween only had one pack, but I was lucky enough to snag it.
I've taken out the stock electronics, sanded off the copyright text, and I'm just about ready to texture and paint the pack. I also managed to take care of the HGA.
I was also able to snag an alice frame for about $20 from the local Army surplus warehouse, and a brass rod and foam pipe insulation from the hardware store. I noticed that the wand loom is a bit too stiff for my liking and found an old c-pap hose in my cosplay parts bin. Then decided to do something to personalize my kit.
I originally thought of going with green LEDs for the wand loom, but decided to go with red to match the cyclotron lights. I'm really pushing the envelope with my deadlines, but I figure I'll work to get the cosmetics done for Halloween and the electronics done for Afterlife. I'll post progress pics here as things move along.
By Idabuster
Got the c-pap hose adapted and ready for service.

Taped off the portions I didn't want textured, added the hammered texture paint and hit the whole thing with ultra flat black. I purposefully used different paint brands so I could get the crackle texture when they mixed. It's a pain in the butt when it's unintentional, but gives a cool look when you want it to happen. I also filled in the old speaker holes as well as some of the other divots from the injection molding.

I decided to go with Spongeface's light and sound kit, but he was sold out of the spirit wand kits, so I took the Spengler plunge!

Got the wires and hoses added back on to the pack and a bit of weathering done. I also added the Moby Spirit stickers and added a new ribbon cable.

Fortunately everything has come in sooner than I expected, so I stayed up until about 2am last night adding the Spongeface electronics. Lights, sound blaster, and Spengler kit. My talentcell battery arrived this afternoon, so I'll be able to wire it into the rest of the pack tonight. I also added in a power switch under the gearbox.

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]