Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
For every 600 people that love spaghetti, there'll be 5 or 6 that hate garlic and meatballs. That's how I feel about movie reviews.

Regarding spoilers: whenever I see something that puts a smile on my face, I'll forget all about it by the weekend when I watch the "Slumber Party Masscare" remake.
Last edited by SpaceBallz on October 13th, 2021, 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corey91 liked this
I haven't read much reviews of the movie yet, but I don't think we should be alarmed by random online reviews.

The Guardian review that was posted recently seems to have enraged quite a few people, but I personally don't know these critics and don't know how much they align with my tastes in movies. Even the popular movie critics I remember (well, I really just remember Siskel & Ebert) were not consistent.

It's hard to know when someone is just using the movie to bash nostalgia, playing some contrarian card or genuinely hated the movie. Same goes for positive reviews, I can't know for a fact they're not being paid to say nice things.
frankov wrote: October 13th, 2021, 5:30 pmIt's hard to know when someone is just using the movie to bash nostalgia, playing some contrarian card or genuinely hated the movie. Same goes for positive reviews, I can't know for a fact they're not being paid to say nice things.
As a critic for almost 20 years now, I can guarantee you that critics are not being paid to say nice things. Studios don't actually care that much about reviews, for various reasons: critically unpopular movies are smash hits all the time, movies are re-appraised, and of course, not everyone listens to critics (just look at this thread).

Also, even the people who hate nostalgia or act contrarian are still being genuine -- even if they have an axe to grind, well, that's who they are, and it goes into the review. That's just how it is. Same with regular people who have opinions about the movie (and just like regular people, you learn what people's axes are and give them whatever weight you want to).

As I've said for a long time, the more new and different things the movie does, the happier I'll be. [removed by moderator] with the winks and callbacks and I'm hoping this one shows more restraint. However, one of my good friends (who was not necessarily "in the bag" for this movie like I am) gave it a positive review and also said she thought of me the whole time she was watching it, so that's giving me some faith.
Can anyone confirm the UK release date? I thought it was the 19th November along with the US, but I'm suddenly seeing a range of different dates from various sources (I assume due to the various delays). Official posters that use the word 'cinema' rather than 'movie theatre' say it's the 18th.
EctoLabs wrote: October 14th, 2021, 2:33 am Can anyone confirm the UK release date? I thought it was the 19th November along with the US, but I'm suddenly seeing a range of different dates from various sources (I assume due to the various delays). Official posters that use the word 'cinema' rather than 'movie theatre' say it's the 18th.
By the beginning of September, it was November 18 for the UK.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5Ej9shWkAg
The digital version of Total Film Nov. 2021 is now for sale at 3.99.
https://www.magazinesdirect.com/az-sing ... sue.thtml?

10 pages+table of contents. Some new stills (6) and bts photos (4), plus some we've seen before. Some tidbits like Grace read Violet Stiel's book as part of her prep and bringing a certain toy to life.

3 stills can be seen here:
https://www.gamesradar.com/ghostbusters ... total-film
RedSpecial, Davideverona, deadderek and 1 others liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: October 14th, 2021, 3:59 am The digital version of Total Film Nov. 2021 is now for sale at 3.99.
https://www.magazinesdirect.com/az-sing ... sue.thtml?

10 pages+table of contents. Some new stills (6) and bts photos (4), plus some we've seen before. Some tidbits like Grace read Violet Stiel's book as part of her prep and bringing a certain toy to life.

3 stills can be seen here:
https://www.gamesradar.com/ghostbusters ... total-film
Okay so...

Spoiler. Spoiler spoiler for tech and prop nerds.
This Post Contains Spoilers
mrmichaelt liked this
zackangel wrote: October 14th, 2021, 9:02 am possible Ghostbusters the videogame is before afterlife ?

Well I believe so. The games story took place in 1991 that is a good 30 years from Afterlife. From the reviews that have been put out, granted none of them are trending too far in spoiler territory which I find pretty amazing in this era, it appears that there is nothing that contradicts the events of the video game they don’t go out of their way to reference them either. Someone said that they do not even mention the events of Ghostbusters 2, however the presence of Ray’s Occult Book Store is enough to indicate that the events of 2 still happened. The only reason this film is so heavy on the references to the original is because it is very important for the story that is currently being told in Afterlife.

In short I think that if you personally wish for the events of the game to canon they can be. If you don’t they don’t have to be. ;)

This Post Contains Spoilers
I think it was already said by mrmichealt, energy can’t really be destroyed it can only change form. ;):):):)
Sav C liked this
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: July 28th, 2021, 4:26 am I wonder if we'll get some easter eggs in terms of RGB or Kenner ghosts popping up eg. in a montage sequence. Especially given some of them are featuring in the movie toy lines... in particular Hasbro have released two versions of Bug Eyed Ghost this year, so if anything this is my outside bet on a 'non-canon' or 'extended universe' ghost making a cameo.
Called it! :D

That would’ve been an awesome surprise tbf but Jason mentions it in the Total Film article.
groschopf wrote: October 14th, 2021, 9:39 pm A short 9 second clip of
Cool but random. If it's for the 1 month to go mark, wouldn't this be released next Tuesday?

EDIT: Although, there was the similar vertical cropped teaser on July 26 then Trailer #2 came out the next day. Maybe Trailer #3 comes out tomorrow. OR this was accidentally posted early and the real plan was to post this teaser on October 18 or 19, then post Trailer #3 on October 19 or 20.
groschopf, Sav C liked this

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]