Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
groschopf wrote: September 27th, 2021, 8:55 am
mrmichaelt wrote: September 27th, 2021, 6:24 am Also didn't occur to me until now that Podcast's wardrobe staple is vests.
Looks like the sort of vest I used to wear when working at a big box store in college.

That device to the left looks like a... scissor lift? Between that and the bunch of electrical cords tucked in behind the steps, it makes me wonder if someone has been working on that temple recently.

Side note: it just occurred to me that Egon might not be dead, just absent. I'm sure he wouldn't survive to the very end of the film, but maybe there's sort of a "character faking their own death and making people think a house is haunted" Scooby Doo element to this mystery. I don't think that scenario is probable... but I guess it could be a possibility.
Dr.D, SpaceBallz, groschopf liked this
I just realized Podcast is carrying around a boom mic (you can see him holding it up while wearing the goggles in the trailer). You can see him carrying it around with him in that new photo.
deadderek liked this
Romain wrote: September 27th, 2021, 8:14 am The French release was pushed back to December 1st last week. I've been told that Sony Pictures France is now very confident in the movie's potential. They think that the movie will surprise people and now see it as a Christmas movie (we don't celebrate Halloween over here). They wanted to release the movie closer to the Christmas break in order to allow families to go see it during the holidays. I'd rather have the opportunity to see it in November but c'est la vie as the saying goes. It's good to see that Sony Pictures thinks it has a hit on its hands. I now hope that there'll be press screenings soon.
Well if it's not too far for you, it's still planned for the 17th of Nov in Belgium :cool:
https://kinepolis.be/fr/films/sos-fantomes-lheritage
Bison256 wrote: September 27th, 2021, 1:37 pm Given Harold has left us, I doubt Egon is still among the living.
I don't know. It'd be easy to establish that Egon is missing and presumed dead. Work in some old found footage for flashbacks, use Oliver Cooper as a present day body double that we never see closely, then have Egon sacrifice himself during the finale... it'd be a good twist since everyone is primed to believe the character is dead because the actor portraying him is.
groschopf wrote: September 27th, 2021, 4:45 pm I don't know. It'd be easy to establish that Egon is missing and presumed dead. Work in some old found footage for flashbacks, use Oliver Cooper as a present day body double that we never see closely, then have Egon sacrifice himself during the finale... it'd be a good twist since everyone is primed to believe the character is dead because the actor portraying him is.
I was just watching a Bob's Burgers where Bob chooses to live behind the walls of his apartment to get away from everyone. :P
groschopf wrote: Looks like the sort of vest I used to wear when working at a big box store in college.
Is it like a utility vest to store little things like a disposable camera, recorder?
groschopf wrote: That device to the left looks like a... scissor lift? Between that and the bunch of electrical cords tucked in behind the steps, it makes me wonder if someone has been working on that temple recently.

Side note: it just occurred to me that Egon might not be dead, just absent. I'm sure he wouldn't survive to the very end of the film, but maybe there's sort of a "character faking their own death and making people think a house is haunted" Scooby Doo element to this mystery. I don't think that scenario is probable... but I guess it could be a possibility.
After seeing that domestic poster with the proton stream shooting into the P.K.E. maelstrom's 'Gozer' lightning, I'm starting to wonder if Egon may have done some work in the temple. Like step 1, he captures the Sentinel in it's ethereal form and hides the Trap. Step 2, he goes into the temple and sets up equipment and a trigger system, essentially rigging the area as one big Containment Unit (they slimed the Statue of Liberty and animated it so not that much of a stretch), step 3, built some kind of Proton Cannon on the Farmhouse property. All in anticipation of Gozer's return. With the Sentinel trapped, that sort of bottle necks the gateway for x years Egon lived there up to the present to point where the dam is about to burst with an overload of ambient P.K.E. seen with the strange earthquakes. It was his plan to not only trap Gozer once and for all with the Proton Cannon then trap him in the temple/containment unit but also potentially all the P.K.E. drawn there and stored for the Traveler to permanently reduce paranormal activity in the town and vicinity to prevent any further activation of the temple.

Or Eric forgot to photoshop the wires out of the still. :P
WorldofthePsychic liked this
Just got back from Universal. I didn't see any Ghostbusters related stuff except someone was walking around in a muncher costume, it wasn't a studio staff member just someone goofing around.

The costume was drawing a lot of attention so the interest in Ghostbusters is heating up! I didn't have time to snap a pic as we were trying to get on a ride but it looked very uncomfortable. Right now though Sony is being kind of dumb in not promoting afterlife through the park. Maybe they have something planned for next year!
mrmichaelt wrote: September 27th, 2021, 9:33 pm Bobbleheads confirmed.

https://www.royalbobbles.com/bobblehead ... bblescape/

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/s/?c ... earch=true
The more I see of these ghosts, the more personally attacked I feel at 4am eating a gas station burrito.
mrmichaelt, groschopf liked this
groschopf wrote: September 27th, 2021, 4:45 pm
Bison256 wrote: September 27th, 2021, 1:37 pm Given Harold has left us, I doubt Egon is still among the living.
I don't know. It'd be easy to establish that Egon is missing and presumed dead. Work in some old found footage for flashbacks, use Oliver Cooper as a present day body double that we never see closely, then have Egon sacrifice himself during the finale... it'd be a good twist since everyone is primed to believe the character is dead because the actor portraying him is.
I'm not clear why everyone is obsessed with Oliver Cooper being a body double for Harold Ramis. I've seen this dude, if they're using him for past Egon hes way to pudgy and if its present Egon hes way to young.
Plus why hire a somewhat name actor as a body double/ stand in when it'd be cheaper to hire a no name body double?

I have a strong belief that aside from old footage from the previous movies that Egons presence in this film is felt more then seen more than anything.
mrmichaelt liked this
Corey91 wrote: September 27th, 2021, 11:09 pm
This Post Contains Spoilers
Alphagaia, Corey91 liked this
JonXCTrack wrote:
Corey91 wrote: September 27th, 2021, 11:09 pm
Ah, cool spot - seems conclusive.
BatDan wrote: September 28th, 2021, 12:30 pm As cool a those popcorn ectos are….they seem like theyd be super uncomfortable to hold in the theater lol

…wouldnt a more practical item for carrying snackfood be a Ghost Trap?

Has a carry handle..Flap doors opens..salty buttery delights inside. No? :whatever: i guess that makes too much sense. Lol

A trap is cool, but what makes it cooler is that we might have our first 1/12 scale Ecto and its in the form of a Popcorn tub.
pizzarat wrote: September 28th, 2021, 11:27 am Small update about those Ecto-1 popcorn containers.

They will apparently go on sale on November 11th and have a blinking blue light and come in ghost trap boxes.
Kingpin, I'm still willing to grab you 1 to ship to you. (At cost)

Can't wait to get my hands on one. Anyone know how much they'll run? $40?
BatDan liked this
Car thought:
Probably a stretch, but, food for thought.
groschopf, pizzarat liked this
BatDan wrote: September 28th, 2021, 12:30 pm As cool a those popcorn ectos are….they seem like theyd be super uncomfortable to hold in the theater lol

…wouldnt a more practical item for carrying snackfood be a Ghost Trap?

Has a carry handle..Flap doors opens..salty buttery delights inside. No? :whatever: i guess that makes too much sense. Lol
Plus you gotta wash it out. I'm fine with a plain big bucket.
groschopf liked this
tylergfoster wrote: September 28th, 2021, 2:00 pm Car thought:
Probably a stretch, but, food for thought.
I'm still assuming that Muncher eats the Ecto-1 entirely. I love the '59 Caddy, but I don't see the next generation of Ghostbusters driving a car older than the Cuban Missile Crisis.

I feel like if this movie is passing the torch, it's also going to give future film makers a little more latitude to change a few things while still hewing close to the original props and motifs.

Also, it lets licensees sell more merchandise that isn't redundant in the marketplace.
deadderek, pizzarat liked this
Jdavis777 wrote: September 28th, 2021, 2:08 pm Longggggg long time lurker, first time poster. It looks like Seaside Heights NJ is having a halloween fest on 10/22 10/23 and it will have the Ecto-1 from afterlife there to take pictures with!

https://wpst.com/first-ever-boardwalk-h ... eights-nj/
I suspect more likely a general Ecto-1 replica rather than a dedicated replica of the car in it's Afterlife appearance, but we'll see soon enough.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]