Have a guide or tutorial? Post it up!
I've never used one of those, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. It's just a combination of the two bits you'd be using anyways. I imagine you'd have to be much more careful and drill very slowly as tapping is a relatively delicate procedure and the slower you go, the better the results.
kind2311 wrote:I've never used one of those, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. It's just a combination of the two bits you'd be using anyways. I imagine you'd have to be much more careful and drill very slowly as tapping is a relatively delicate procedure and the slower you go, the better the results.
Would some kind of lubricant help at all, and if so, is there something you recommend?
kind2311 liked this
kind2311 wrote:Small squirt of WD-40 or similar product on the metal will help but is not necessary when doing something this small.
Awesome, thanks. I’ve gotten all of my fasteners together (definitely bought way more than I need from Home Depot) so I’m probably going to start working on mounting the shell next week.
kind2311 liked this
You just happen to be doing this at the same time as me. My brackets came this morning, just gotta grab a couple bits and a tap. Quite the coincidence as I haven't done this since I first posted this thread 11 years ago.
kind2311 wrote:You just happen to be doing this at the same time as me. My brackets came this morning, just gotta grab a couple bits and a tap. Quite the coincidence as I haven't done this since I first posted this thread 11 years ago.
Thanks for all of your advice! I did my drilling and tapping today. It all turned out well. When I tapped the brackets, it wasn’t perfectly straight so I do have to use a hex driver bit to get the screws all the way in but everything is holding on.
kind2311 liked this

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]