Post pics of work in progress or to your fan art here on Ghostbusters Fans.
By thekid

Full view available at: http://shadowdion.deviantart.com/art/Gh ... wdion&qo=0
This started as a way to create a Mandala from the video game that would be more accurate. The video game claims Sedgewick is on the west side of Central Park, the Library on the northeast side and the Museum to be on the southeast. None of these seem accurate.
I started with the Library and Museum based in their real life locations and figured Sedgewick, based on the video game, had to be a few blocks from Time’s Square. This also puts Sedgewick at about the edge of the Garment District, which is described in the Ghostbusters Supernatural Spectacular. The Mandala is not entirely accurate to the game but its nodes still assemble on the triangle and still point to Central Park.
Based on the filming locations, I marked many of the haunting locations throughout the map. Oddly, many of the hauntings do occur near Mandala crosspoints. I’m sure this is coincidence but certainly interesting. Since the Mink Coat attack happened in front of the Bitmore in L.A., I placed it where the Feb. 27, 1989 draft had it at 59th and Fifth.
Two locations I have not found great sources for are Fort Detmerring, which as I have gathered was filmed at the Columbia Ranch. Does anyone know if this is or was based on a real place?
The other is where the boys encountered the Ghost Train in GB2. My guess is the train would have been somewhere on the east side near First street. Any thoughts?
The specific location of the Manhattan Museum of Art was never particularly specified so I went with its real location near Battery Park. This seems logical being close to Liberty Island, but the Statue of Liberty’s walk down Fifth then makes no sense.
I marked Vinz Clortho’s path back to Spook Central using the montage markers at the Subway and Time’s Square. It’s a little round about and you’d think a Terror Dog would have a better sense of direction. Then again, he could barely find the Gatekeeper.
Last, I plotted out the fictional Pneumatic Transit System, which the river of slime occupied. I had it go down First towards the Museum, and go up Broadway like the actual Pneumatic railroad did http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beach_Pneumatic_Transit . I tried to have it go near points where there were ghost outbreaks in the montage.
Let me know if you think I missed anything or should include anything else.
Vee, XxEctOxX, NessaSan and 3 others liked this
By thekid
Chairman Kaga wrote:Very cool.
How did you determine Gozer's path?
In the film it looks like Gozer as Stay Puft is just walking east on something like 54th until it turns north and heads toward Columbus Circle and on to Spook Central.
For Gozer's path in 1984, I used this image as reference http://images.wikia.com/ghostbusters/im ... pclean.png which is a scanned image I believe from the Making of Ghostbusters book. My path had him arise from the Hudson River near Shandor Island because I liked the idea of him coming from some place rather than appearing in the middle of a road. I do have him walk down 54th some of the way like you mentioned, then turning onto Columbus Circle, etc.
Let me know if you have a more accurate path, I'd like it to be as close as possible.
By Chairman Kaga
thekid wrote:
Chairman Kaga wrote:Very cool.
How did you determine Gozer's path?
In the film it looks like Gozer as Stay Puft is just walking east on something like 54th until it turns north and heads toward Columbus Circle and on to Spook Central.
For Gozer's path in 1984, I used this image as reference http://images.wikia.com/ghostbusters/im ... pclean.png which is a scanned image I believe from the Making of Ghostbusters book. My path had him arise from the Hudson River near Shandor Island because I liked the idea of him coming from some place rather than appearing in the middle of a road. I do have him walk down 54th some of the way like you mentioned, then turning onto Columbus Circle, etc.
Let me know if you have a more accurate path, I'd like it to be as close as possible.
Oh no I was just really curious. I wasn't implying having a better notion or anything.
By thekid
Full view at: http://shadowdion.deviantart.com/art/Gh ... -368899391

I added the locations of Fort Detmerring, the Ghost Train, and Thanksgiving Day Parade.

Fort Detmerring is stated to be on the Hudson in the August 5, 1983 draft, as well the boys drive up the Henry Hudson Parkway to get there.

The Ghost Train I put on the east side of First Ave, considering the boys approach and find the slime river flowing to their left which would be southward. There was also a proposed Manhattan-Queens Connection at E76th Street which was never fully realized.

The Thanksgiving Day Parade traditionally travels down Central Park West. I believe the original planned level happened after the boys emerged from the underground after the Museum level so I placed it close by.

If anyone can think of any other points let me know.
By robbritton
thekid wrote: April 30th, 2013, 5:06 pmImage

Full view available at: http://shadowdion.deviantart.com/art/Gh ... wdion&qo=0
This started as a way to create a Mandala from the video game that would be more accurate. The video game claims Sedgewick is on the west side of Central Park, the Library on the northeast side and the Museum to be on the southeast. None of these seem accurate.
I started with the Library and Museum based in their real life locations and figured Sedgewick, based on the video game, had to be a few blocks from Time’s Square. This also puts Sedgewick at about the edge of the Garment District, which is described in the Ghostbusters Supernatural Spectacular. The Mandala is not entirely accurate to the game but its nodes still assemble on the triangle and still point to Central Park.
Based on the filming locations, I marked many of the haunting locations throughout the map. Oddly, many of the hauntings do occur near Mandala crosspoints. I’m sure this is coincidence but certainly interesting. Since the Mink Coat attack happened in front of the Bitmore in L.A., I placed it where the Feb. 27, 1989 draft had it at 59th and Fifth.
Two locations I have not found great sources for are Fort Detmerring, which as I have gathered was filmed at the Columbia Ranch. Does anyone know if this is or was based on a real place?
The other is where the boys encountered the Ghost Train in GB2. My guess is the train would have been somewhere on the east side near First street. Any thoughts?
The specific location of the Manhattan Museum of Art was never particularly specified so I went with its real location near Battery Park. This seems logical being close to Liberty Island, but the Statue of Liberty’s walk down Fifth then makes no sense.
I marked Vinz Clortho’s path back to Spook Central using the montage markers at the Subway and Time’s Square. It’s a little round about and you’d think a Terror Dog would have a better sense of direction. Then again, he could barely find the Gatekeeper.
Last, I plotted out the fictional Pneumatic Transit System, which the river of slime occupied. I had it go down First towards the Museum, and go up Broadway like the actual Pneumatic railroad did http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beach_Pneumatic_Transit . I tried to have it go near points where there were ghost outbreaks in the montage.
Let me know if you think I missed anything or should include anything else.
Apologies if this has come up before, and I appreciate this is an old post so I may be missing a revised version, but doesn’t the matte painting at the end of GB2 put the museum of art somewhere around Central Park South? It would make the walk up fifth marginally more sensible at least!
By Kingpin
Potentially Central Park South, although it equally could've been stood in for the Metropolitan Museum of Art on 5th Avenue, along the Park's eastern side.

As for the Jogger Ghost, the skyline visible through the chainlink fence would indicate it was trapped in the south-eastern portion of Shuman running track, roughly around the point where it's level with 88th Street, in visible distance of the South Gate House, rather than at the southernmost end of the Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Reservoir.
thekid liked this
By thekid
I originally posted this map almost seven years ago. I had no idea Jason was kind enough to share it on his site until several years later. That's about the only way you can see the early version. I took the idea and expanded it to become a four-part series of YouTube videos. I had some great advice from all of you and adjusted it and hopefully (with the incredible help of so many) I got most of it right.
By Matt Campbell
I'm subscribed to your YouTube channel and enjoy your videos, actually watched you path of Vinz Clortho video the other night.

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]