Have you picked up your AMT Ecto-1a model yet? Start a topic in this forum and share your build along with hundreds of others!
CaptCyan wrote:Now those are a thing of beauty. The outside looks great.

Now, please tell me that you are going to "flock up" the interior like Darthbuster did? :wink:
Thanks man! ahh the interior...........don't have much to show or say at this point.......dunno how crazy I'll be able to go in there..
Al Martin wrote:now that's some beautiful detail, this is how you paint a model. the door seams give it the depth it realy needs. cant wait to see the finished product.
thanks, it makes ALL the difference in the world when you paint it SLOW & right
Kingpin wrote:The decal shot's looking superb. How did you detail the gaps between the doors?
I appreciate the compliments, the door jams are done w/ a 'wash'

Before your DECALS & WASH you need to wax your car body. I used Nu Finish Scratch Dr. first then Meguiars NXT w/ synthetic polymers rather than carnuba wax

To achieve my wash I had a lot of trial & error (practiced on new Nick turtles)

Take some Dawn/Joy/Ajax put a couple drops in a bottle of filtered/purified/distilled water
Take about 10-15 drops of that
Mix w/ 3 drops of paint thinner (Tamiya for me)
Mix w/ 2-3 drops of flat black Tamiya Paint
Mix
Mix
Mix a little more

IF you waxed your car BEFORE then the paint brush size really won't matter b/c the wax and lack of water tension (caused by the Ajax) will push the water away or in the seams-basically I'm saying it's very easy clean up and the water is either in or out and b/c its dilluted it take a while to dry and your car body is safe.
Awsome work so far!

I won't be able to make mine in time for the contest with all the other projects I have, but I'm paying close attention to your paint job so I don't mess mine up again. Long story short, I tried giving my Ecto-1 a clear coat in less than ideal conditions & it just screwed up the paint, so I tried stripping the paint, & it got worse. So I'm gonna make a Pre-Ecto with it. I still have an original AMT 1A in the box.

BTW
Have you seen this?: http://www.modelcargarage.com/store/pc/ ... 12#details
I'm thinking of getting a set when I get back to updating & re-doing my Ecto-1. http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 13&t=11833
elsoldao7 wrote:Awsome work so far!

I won't be able to make mine in time for the contest with all the other projects I have, but I'm paying close attention to your paint job so I don't mess mine up again. Long story short, I tried giving my Ecto-1 a clear coat in less than ideal conditions & it just screwed up the paint, so I tried stripping the paint, & it got worse. So I'm gonna make a Pre-Ecto with it. I still have an original AMT 1A in the box.

BTW
Have you seen this?: http://www.modelcargarage.com/store/pc/ ... 12#details
I'm thinking of getting a set when I get back to updating & re-doing my Ecto-1. http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 13&t=11833
Thanks for the compliment, you have the right idea, don't give up on your ectos. just go slow w/ the painting and read through the tutorials carefully.

That is awesome, thanks for that link! I may very well order one or two of those!

side note:
OMG I lost my USB drive and just had to re-create some of the AMT Deluxe Decals AAAAAAAAHHHHHH DAMMIT!! ok, can't yell in apartment, feel better now.
By slaysghosts
Almost the 31st!!!!

Hope everyone is going to be at a good stopping point by then!!!!!!

Fun competition no matter the outcome, it's been really fun participating & watching at the same time
By slaysghosts
CaptCyan wrote:Aren't you done yet? :lol:

Just kidding, you can't rush a great work of Art.
HA! Not quite...

Here's more interior shots, paint is not perfect, but the decals are pretty much 100% correct and the keyboard w/ black & blue keys is there:

Outside shots w/out all the gear on top:

Now, I just gotta get some good shots of the car w/ everything on top. Having some trouble getting the perfect angles...
By CaptCyan
Hey Slay!

Let me be the first to say, "Exceptional job you did!" :nicejobyoudid: It's a nice, clean looking build. The painted Details are a good choice of color,d edges are crisp and the Decals really pop. Best of all, no glue marks on the Clear Plastic.

Some outside shots will give you more light, your Camera will use a smaller aperture and give you greater depth of field, so the whole Model should be in sharp focus.
By slaysghosts
petesapie wrote:will you build one for me.
Yes! PM Sent
Fritz wrote:That is damn snazzy. I've been pleased with my own build, but there's no doubt in my mind yours is a lot better.
Yours is great too, thanks for the compliment
By John Stevens 87
My god this is beautiful...you do know i'm coming over your place to steal this why you sleep :boogieman: muhahaha.no but really this is a peace of perfection.pop a top of a beer sit back and enjoy that sh*t ;)
By SebastianPQ
Hi, I am new here.
It is really a pitty, that all pictures from you and Darthbuster from your AMT Ecto-1a model are offline.
For any reason I can not sent you a private message. - Maybe you can?
I could need some good tips from you!

best regards
Sebastian
By Kingpin
SebastianPQ wrote: November 10th, 2018, 2:54 pm Hi, I am new here.
It is really a pitty, that all pictures from you and Darthbuster from your AMT Ecto-1a model are offline.
For any reason I can not sent you a private message. - Maybe you can?
I could need some good tips from you!

best regards
Sebastian
Sebastian,

Until a new member's first post on the forum has been approved, they aren't allowed to send PMs. You should be able to PM either member now.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]