Have a guide or tutorial? Post it up!
Heh, after testing it out myself, I can say that this technique works really well, and they turned out awesome! You do, however, need to get used to using the glue gun, ensuring to avoid making excessive amounts of "glue strings/webs"... and make sure to get the black patch centered right, one of mine is really crooked... The hot glue gun holds the fabric really well, and I like how the "folded in" sleeves look... It's a lot neater looking! Also, the Dupli-Color Charcoal Gray worked really well and dries quickly, and holds really well and didn't rub off on my clothing as I put them on... Awesome tutorial!
LOL! That's because I only had one can of paint for two pairs... I began to run out and only had enough for two coats... but it ended up looking great in the end... ^_^
I did 3 full coats of grey on one pair using 1 can. But I also did the pad part after with 3 coats of the charcoal grey. I noticed a few spots I can touch up with the charcoal but you should have plenty in 1 can.
Yeah, one can is more than enough for one pair... heck, I did two pairs with one can, and they turned out great!
Which method did you follow and which colours? Did you do the 2 greys like mine? I'm finding they are lightening up as I wear them and throw them around.

They don't look too bad. Do you have any other close up shots?
Yeah, those look fine to me... Actually, they look just like mine do... color-wise, at least...
Thanks, guys. I don't have any other shots right now (at work). Someone just uploaded that to Facebook, so I uploaded it to Photobucket.

I tried to do two separate shades with just one can (Charcoal Grey) by doing more coats on the pad than the strap. Couldn't really tell, though. I even stuck the pads through holes I tore in plastic Target shopping bags, so I could spray them willy-nilly without worrying about accidentally hitting the straps, but it doesn't seem to have mattered. *shrugs*

Had a friend who's adept with a sewing machine trim then hem the straps. Then after painting, I hand-sewed on the black vinyl (looks like leather/pleather, easier to sew through).
Wow i am so glad to see this thread still alive and help so may people. As for some questions about paint rubbing off, it does not. I have rocked this pads for 2 years and not even a slight smudge has got on my G&B suit, so I am happy with the results there. As for the hot Glue holding on to the fabric, it has yet to come loose or undone, so thats a pass there too. Outside of that I have had no issues with this method and hope that it can be used as an official How To

Received elbow pads from GB-Shop.(Great price.) I like the grey color, so I won't change that.
Taken a Sharpie dark grey pen and colored circumference about three times.
Then, I taken a Sharpie black pen and followed the two grooves across the pad twice.
Went to JoAnn Fabrics and got some black elastic, stretching material for inside
the elbow pads. Hand sewn them in the elbow pads. Decided to make them look kind of
rough, as if they'd been used a lot.
I'm at a lost here.
I see the elbow pad pics on my computer
but can't seem to get the image to show in this post.
Still working on it . . .
Guys, I can't seem to find this style white knee pads anywhere. But I did find them in black! Do you think it's also possible to spraypaint them gray? I wouldn't even mind a darker shade like seen on Venkman in GB1. Or should I better search on?

These are the ones I found:

BTW: This is my first post here after being a reader for a while. I intended to introduce myself by showing off my proton pack build but that takes a while longer than I expected xD.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]