Please post up details about your transactions. Please put the name of the seller or buyer in the topic title! Only CIVIL feedback and discussions will be allowed.
Forum rules: Please provide clear and accurate feedback for a seller. Search for forum to make sure there isn't already a topic about a seller, if there is post in that thread. When posting please be careful as you will not be able to edit your post later.
I just saw Bob on Pawn Starts supposedly selling a Delorean to Gold and Silver. With the reputation Pawn Stars is getting I can't think of a more fitting show for him to seek publicity on.

Seriously, I looked at his shop once for a pack kit and, no, just no. What I heard was bad enough but the way he f****g acts...
I will throw one thing out there that Bob got correct: ThrowingChicken's kit is absolutely amazing. It's not for the novice, but I love it (it's like a model kit that needs some work depending on how you want it to be). But why did he even mention recasting? It seems to show a guilty conscience.
i almost bought one of his packs off ebay but instead ended up with buying a pack from someone else how ever met him at an event recently and he claims the pack is his build says he recognized some labels on it so there you go through various degrees of separation i bought a pack made by bob and it is a good pack very heavy looks great needs a new alice though but with the reception towards him not sure if i should keep it or not
vigothecarpathian wrote:i almost bought one of his packs off ebay but instead ended up with buying a pack from someone else how ever met him at an event recently and he claims the pack is his build says he recognized some labels on it so there you go through various degrees of separation i bought a pack made by bob and it is a good pack very heavy looks great needs a new alice though but with the reception towards him not sure if i should keep it or not
I'd have some doubts that it's actually his work, he seems like the type that would claim credit for things he had nothing to do with.

All the same if you like it then by all means hold onto it if you want.
I'm glad I read this just in time. I saw his Proton Pack on Ebay, and thought it was pretty cool. Especially having really loud sounds. I had an interest in buying it, but I was apprehensive because it was just too expensive.

Now, I'm not a craftsman like a lot of people here. I know that people who already have the skills, spend days putting together fantastic Proton Packs. So I wouldn't even try to put one together.

I know Anovos is going to start selling Proton Pack kits, but it still might be a reach for me.
Does anybody know reliable craftsmen who would be willing to sell a pack custom made?
twmedford23 liked this
Just thought I would add my experience with this guy. Years ago, I was looking into building or buying a pack, and while looking around, I stumbled onto this guy claiming his shell was cast from the movie molds. Sounded interesting, so I messaged him via Facebook messenger and told him I was keeping him on my list of options, and (only really being interested in the shell) if I were to buy a completed pack would I be able to "upgrade" it later myself with parts from the community if I chose to. In the mean time, I did more browsing the build section of the forum and noticed he was blacklisted, and read up on his "screen used" shell. Needless to say, I completely ruled him out as an option, and decided it would be better to just build my own anyway.

A couple of months later, I finally got a reply. A very blunt "The parts are not removable." Something I knew was untrue at that point, because I knew he was simply gluing the thing together. Even if I hadn't been turned off by the forum, I definitely would have been put off by his less than cordial attitude towards a potential customer. Which, I surmise, was based on the fact that I would even suggest buying upgrade parts from the GBF community.

On a related note, I noticed in one of his more recent videos, he insinuates ANOVOS has recast his stuff for their kit. :eyeroll:
On a related note, I noticed in one of his more recent videos, he insinuates ANOVOS has recast his stuff for their kit. :eyeroll:
Me and Vinnie Nordone, (and a few other rotating team members), built the Anovos kit and prototype. I can assure you, that "insinuation" is 100% horsesh!t.

We sourced everything from screen used measurements and scans off of the original packs from the archives.

This was a closed, tight-knit group. The end.

-V71
Kingpin, deadderek liked this
A fresh update on one of Bob's known accomplices, and someone believed to be one of the main production forces for Bob's shell runs, Raine Moreno. Raine is currently selling Proton Packs, and related materials on eBay under the store name "Stark's Prop Shop". As has been noted before, it is strongly recommended to avoid buying any of Raine's products.
twmedford23, venkman71 liked this
Prices, the shop name and the general descriptions of the Pack shells are pretty similar to what Bob has advertised things for/as or under.

Not that further proof of their being bosom buddies was needed, but Raine's Facebook gallery reveals a Bob's Prop Shop shirt among his photographs.
Wow, heard about him from another community I belong to. What a scumbag to do stuff like that. Good to read all this and have the warnings. Didn't know about some of his other shops. If they are still there that is.
NotSabbat, Urvy1A liked this
Sadly Bob's name is coming back up a lot. A popular YTer got a pack from Blob, and people are jumping at the chance to toss money at this fool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ewn5y3q ... TsKPVAqE7H

Just wanted to make sure the thread is somewhat alive for anyone googling his name.
BSjohnson wrote: October 27th, 2021, 11:50 am Well, I mean ... thankfully in his own words, he no longer sells them.

Now that more reputable people are selling packs, not to mention that stores like Spirit Halloween and even Walmart, are selling proton packs, and with Hasbro coming out with their own packs, I guess it’s the end of the line for him.
deadderek liked this
Kingpin wrote: October 27th, 2021, 2:24 pm
Urvy1A wrote: October 27th, 2021, 1:49 pmI guess it’s the end of the line for him.
We can but hope.
We can only hope. I just recently banned him from the Spengler Wand Modders group for trying to push his business there.
tobycj, Kingpin, zeta otaku and 1 others liked this
Zander Yurami wrote: October 27th, 2021, 5:43 pm
Kingpin wrote: October 27th, 2021, 2:24 pm

We can but hope.
We can only hope. I just recently banned him from the Spengler Wand Modders group for trying to push his business there.
I wonder how many Spengler wands he bought to start slapping on future packs? He had to have purchased half of the matty collector supply to still be putting them on packs :lol:
deadderek liked this
I think the reason why he stopped selling them is because that more reputable people are bidding him sales wise. Not to mention, that the aforementioned stores are selling their own variants of the proton pack, and with Hasbro making their own, and his recent move from Texas to Nevada, I guess he couldn’t keep up. Or, he got so much flack from various investigations, he just had enough.
deadderek liked this
So, everyone's favourite Ming the Merciless impersonator is now planning a crowdfunding campaign to build a full-scale replica of the firehouse in Las Vegas. Except it won't be full-scale as he's not allowed to build up to the third floor.

I mean, why would you want to visit the *actual* firehouse in *actual* New York used in the *actual* movies when you could drive out to a car park in the middle of the desert and be greeted by thrift-store Humpty Dumpty himself? I guess ol' VideoBlob desperately needs a storage facility for all those unsold recasts of his.

Guess he's trying to make a buck off the renewed interest in Ghostbusters and see's dollar signs from the steady backing of Hasbro's pack. Granted I had an interest in his restoration of Kitt from Knight Rider 2000 but he hadn't updated any progress in like forever.

However building a fire house in Las Vegas would be a good idea, but not from this guy. If you walked through the fire house garage into a ghostbusters themed restaurant... yeah I could see that being successful in Vegas. Imagine walking up to the counter and drooling over an Ecto One replica in the garage before being seated. They'll have Ghostbuster themed bibs at the ready!

As New York would be a five day drive for me, Las Vegas would be much closer. One could dream!
Urvy1A liked this

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]