By crusader_x
irricanian wrote:Very inventive, I like seeing props made from everyday repurposed items. What do you use for the swirling lights up front?
A mini-sized spinner globe toy.
By crusader_x
Link has been updated with new pics showing one of our team members holding the scanner to give you an idea of how it looks in hand. Also there's a video...
By Cory GB Maine
I love the paint you did on this. I am in the midst of doing my own version and was wondering what your paint process was (if you would like to give away your secret). Is it a silver base coat and a flat black over?
By Boomerjinks
This one's not bad. Still looking forward to the day you swap out the purple lights!
By crusader_x
Cory GB Maine wrote:I love the paint you did on this. I am in the midst of doing my own version and was wondering what your paint process was (if you would like to give away your secret). Is it a silver base coat and a flat black over?
First I prepare the surface by wet sanding with 320 grit sand paper. For most props I don't use a primer since the PVC holds Krylon really well. I put down a few coats of Krylon Flat Black (not Fusion) and let that fully cure. Then I use a Chrome Silver, an acrylic hobby paint by Tamiya, and drybrush the prop to create the weathering effect. I actually do this in two stages with both a fully dry brush and then a slightly wet brush, something that I plan to detail in a future guide. Next I seal in the paint with an acrylic sealer and then to create another layer of weathering I take artist's chalk that has been ground up with my Dremel and brush it into the crevices. Painting the silver scanning antennas is a separate process which I can detail if you like.
    Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]