Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Coover5
The Carl Winslow thing is very similar to how I never noticed Ben Stein in Ghostbusters 2 (which ended with Hardemeyer being fired I believe)
By Havoc0213
Back about a year or so ago, I finally noticed that the montage scene with Ecto-1 is making a left turn is actually flipped. I noticed because of the logo on the side of the door is backwards and the gear on the roof rack is on the wrong side. lol
By GB2032DKM
When I first watched GB1 and watched it over and over, I never noticed when Peter is telling the manager at the hotel about the costs that Egon was holding up his fingers to clue Peter on what to charge.

After I noticed that, it made me wonder who really was the capitalist on that one.
By Louisjc46
This one is easy to miss depending on what version of the movie you own (dvd, off the tv or Blu-ray etc). In the blu-ray version I noticed clearly for the first time the stunt doubles used when Gozer zaps them after "Then ... DIE!" Also, due to the bigger/wider shot, you can see a large (what looks like) a metal pole being dragged into the smoke at the back, probably dragging the guys back.

In addition the next shot of them heading for the edge of the building, you can see winstons cable and what looks like a treadmil as a piece of debris moves and pings off somewhere.

HD is amazing but pointing out all the props, gizmos and stunt doubles due to a clearer/sharper picture isn't so great lol.
By | alkaline |
One thing I noticed while watching GB1 on the big screen was in Louis' apartment, during the party scene, there is a pretty funny picture of him in a cap and gown holding a diploma. Not sure if its high school graduation or his graduation from Law School :D
By Filandrius
GB2032DKM wrote:When I first watched GB1 and watched it over and over, I never noticed when Peter is telling the manager at the hotel about the costs that Egon was holding up his fingers to clue Peter on what to charge.

After I noticed that, it made me wonder who really was the capitalist on that one.
I noticed that recently too, and I couldn't quite fathom the fact that our favorite genius scientist was also a little greedy. ;)
By Lucifan
Not to mention all the other gears' upkeep, paying the mortgage on Ray's house, the power, the car maintenance, paying on the Firehouse, Janine's salary, hordes of other bills....

And yeah, I just noticed that now myself! Egon, you capitalist whore! And you know we love you for it! XD
By kevinj319
When the boys are running screaming from the library, there's a curly-haired extra standing on the library steps, looking at the commotion.

As they exit the bank and walk down the street, talking about Ray's mortgage, the same extra is stalking them.
By Vigo the Butch
kevinj319 wrote:When the boys are running screaming from the library, there's a curly-haired extra standing on the library steps, looking at the commotion.

As they exit the bank and walk down the street, talking about Ray's mortgage, the same extra is stalking them.
This guy bugs me so much! i cant help but look at him since i first noticed him.
Also, if youre familiar with the band anti flag, he looks exactly like their bass player.
By kevinj319
Vigo the Butch wrote:
kevinj319 wrote:When the boys are running screaming from the library, there's a curly-haired extra standing on the library steps, looking at the commotion.

This guy bugs me so much! i cant help but look at him since i first noticed him.
Also, if youre familiar with the band anti flag, he looks exactly like their bass player.
It's almost as bad as the redheaded guy near the end of the movie, who is seen in the crowd on both sides of the same street within a very short time.
pathollywood liked this
By deekman
kevinj319 wrote: It's almost as bad as the redheaded guy near the end of the movie, who is seen in the crowd on both sides of the same street within a very short time.
Haha, I noticed that guy a couple years ago and now can't help but concentrate on him rather than whats going on :sigh: Damn him and his fist shaking...
By InKibuster
Actually, for me, it's been re-discovery of the whole film.
I had the regular (not-letterboxed!) version of GB1 and 2 for most of my life.

Now I have glorious letterboxing, and I cannot believe what is sheared off the side.

Like the arcade games in the firehouse, the boys on the rooftop watching Stay-puft (they were always chopped from the frame!), the faces Vinz is making most of the time when he's not the main focus on screen, Egon doing the little 'BOOM' mime as the grid is about to be shut down, Winston ont op of the slab-alter thing when the boys are nearly blow of the building by Gozer (before, all I really could see was his head come into frame when he corrects Ray on being asked about godhood, it was always fuzzy where he was), Egon taking the readings while Ray is showing Z the containment unit, and hundreds of other bits..
Gods, NEVER get it without the the full film to be seen.
Filandrius wrote:
GB2032DKM wrote:When I first watched GB1 and watched it over and over, I never noticed when Peter is telling the manager at the hotel about the costs that Egon was holding up his fingers to clue Peter on what to charge.

I noticed that recently too, and I couldn't quite fathom the fact that our favorite genius scientist was also a little greedy. ;)
That's the first thing I got to see fully with my new dvds, most of Egon was cut off the screen before.
By Filandrius
Yeah, Harold Ramis talked about this on his commentary of GB1, that most of the time in the pan and scan version he ended up on the cutting room floor. :P
By Dreamstalker
In addition to most everything else listed, I didn't notice that the dream ghost sequence was supposed to be a completely different scene until I got the DVD.

I also had no idea about the ecto-goggles visual effect in the Sedgewick ballroom (I knew there was something else there, but not what it was).
By tbip2001
This is probably a no brainer for most, but I am I right in saying that when Venkman says 'maybe now you'll never slime a guy with a posostron collider', slimer actually answera him?

Im sure he says 'uh huh' in very deep voice

Did everyone always know that? lol

tbip2001
By SlimeGuy
This is embarrassing. Everyone knows in the Real Ghostbusters' later seasons when Janine starts wearing the Pink Uniform, right?

My wife had to point out to me, HER UNIFORM IS THE OPPOSITE OF EGON'S! He is blue with pink trim, and she is pink with blue trim! They match! How I've never made this connection for so many years is beyond me...
By Fritz
slimeguy wrote:This is embarrassing. Everyone knows in the Real Ghostbusters' later seasons when Janine starts wearing the Pink Uniform, right?

My wife had to point out to me, HER UNIFORM IS THE OPPOSITE OF EGON'S! He is blue with pink trim, and she is pink with blue trim! They match! How I've never made this connection for so many years is beyond me...
That still doesn't make me like it, though. I preferred the one in Now's RGB#22, which was the same main color as Egon's but with orange trim. I use that one in my fan art.
By RoboStantz
I never noticed that the first time Dana comes to the fire house looking for help and Peter jump over the office gate, he doesn't completely clear it. I always thought he made it straight over.
By turkisproverb
newtype748 wrote:I never noticed that the cop that tells them the mayor wants to see them in the first movie is the same actor who played Carl Winslow. I've seen this movie too many times to count and I just noticed it today.

It's a semi-well known fact that half the police in Film are played by him. Die Hard anyone?
By Charnel
Never noticed in GB1 after the guys blast the maids cart in the hotel and are talking she's in the background trying to put out a flaming toilet paper roll with a spray bottle. And in GB2 during the opening scene with the ecto, you can see the dish on the back spinning and the sniffer towers moving back and forth like they were supposed to originally.
By portugueseGB
RedDeath wrote:i reciently noticed that a cropped copy of a firehouse 23 photograph appears in gb1 over venkman's desk on the back wall.

firehouse 23 photo: http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/7325 ... tonpho.jpg
screenshot: http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/3526 ... 23ngb1.png
Thanks for pointing this one out, I'll want to use it for a firehouse model if I ever get to decorate it.

Only recently I noticed that when Walter Peck returns with his small army to shut down the containment unit, its not sunny outside and people make no shadows but when he enters the garage, the sun is shining through the gates.

Also, what's with the firehouse colour into the movie that changes into dark green?? Anyone has an explanation for that? Did they have the building painted or is it a screen illusion?
By darthvader_22uk
for me it was all the sexual inuendos and references throughout the film, Watching it innocently as a kid over and over, not realising ray was dreaming about getting noshed off by a ghost and pretty much the entire dialogue between peter and zuul, where she just wants to get laid.

Dana Barrett: I want you inside me.
Dr. Peter Venkman: [ It sounds like you've got at least two or three people in there already

its amazing how much you miss when your a kid and that it all goes over your head, and makes me appreciate it even more as an adult.

some other little things i notice over the past few years

in gb 2 when louis comes running out you can see all the wood for set preparation (although you can argue they were probably out of the building for a while and it needed a re fit)

rays leg hose being completely detached when he arrive at the hq after the containment unit is shut of in gb1, also in this scene winston has been home to get changed as the previous scene had him in uniform taking about the end of the world on the overnight drive from a bust

Jason reitman (ivans son and director of juno) appearing in the kids party scene of gb2

Between the terror dogs in GB1 and the Boogieman i[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with disas[…]

The opening post contain a lot information. Quic[…]

Hello all, Since the Haslabs Proton Packs are n[…]