Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
By mrmichaelt
TMNT/GB 2 #2

Main story
This Post Contains Spoilers
Easter Eggs so far
Last edited by mrmichaelt on November 9th, 2017, 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Sayscalled
Ray's sister
By mrmichaelt
groschopf wrote:
mrmichaelt wrote:
Thanks, I just couldn't plum remember that one. Hmm, I wonder if that could mean
By groschopf
mrmichaelt wrote:
Awesome work! My mind went there, but my knowledge of the franchise ended with 8-bit.
mrmichaelt liked this
By mrmichaelt
groschopf wrote:
mrmichaelt wrote:
Awesome work! My mind went there, but my knowledge of the franchise ended with 8-bit.
H aha, while it's true I used to have all those 80-90s Nintendo Power magazines and played that game back in the day but here in the present I just googled
By mrmichaelt
Down & Nerdy Podcast Ep 188 has Erik Burnham and Tom Waltz at the 41:33 mark on on to talk about TMNT/GB Vol 2
https://twitter.com/downandnerdy757/sta ... 6213092352

Some bits gleaned from it
*Nickelodeon has a lot of plans for Turtles next year and they wanted IDW to try to release this mini in 2017 because they have some big things they want to roll out in 2018.

*Bobby Curnow, the editor, came up with this idea of a 5 week event.

*Erik and Tom talked about what bad guys to use while the former drove from western Minnesota to Fargo. Shredder came up as a potential but Tom didn't want to go there. Tom was still bummed about killing off Dun who he enjoyed writing and immediately suggested him.

*Ghostbusturtles was a bad pun Erik was throwing around during the first crossover mini.

*The big twist is in Issue #4 and then the last page of Issue #4 will make people want to time travel a week ahead to read issue 5.

*The end of issue 4 and beginning of issue 5 are pretty huge for Tom. It is something he wanted to do for awhile.
*NormalGamer* liked this
By mrmichaelt
ISSUE #3

Main Story
Easter eggs so far
By philmorgan81
mrmichaelt wrote:Issue #4 preview from Spook Central
https://www.facebook.com/pg/spookcentra ... 1069012045
Peter Venkman Jr. liked this
By mrmichaelt
ISSUE #4

Main Story
Easter eggs
Last edited by mrmichaelt on November 24th, 2017, 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
*NormalGamer* liked this
By Lee FW
Finally read 3-4
The characters as always are superb, I don't know how they do it so consistently but they capture their voices perfectly and it's always a joy to see these 2 franchises mash together and how they bounce off each other.
The story so far however I have real issue with, it feels too choppy and doesn't have time to breathe.
mrmichaelt liked this
By mrmichaelt
ISSUE #5
Easter eggs so far
Last edited by mrmichaelt on December 1st, 2017, 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
robbritton liked this
By Sayscalled
I'm thinking the whole mini was rushed and ended flat. That the first crossover had more story to it with only four issues. This told the most basic of stories in five. Well, basic in the sense of how it was structured. I believe this was a wasted chance at a follow up.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Turtle/GB interactions, I just hope if they were to meet again, it could be as a stronger, deeper tale.

As of now, I'm looking forward to the upcoming Annual, and GB Prime's iteration of Samhain. Then of course, to the major GB Crossing Over story arc to follow. I can't wait for more RGB within IDW, and I wonder where in the RGB continuity they get summoned.

If there is a third GB/TMNT, the Ghostbusturtles must be involved.
By groschopf
mrmichaelt wrote:I think contributing to my ambivalence is I'm also pretty burnt out on other dimensions and crossovers. I am really looking forward to the Annual's main story with Samhain since it seems like a straight up GB story then of course another crossover that will take up most of 2018 then hopefully be the last one for awhile.
Hate to say it, but I agree. I'm glad that they got some new tech out of this, and it was neat seeing some intimate moments between the two different franchise's characters. Insofar that we learn more about their personalities, using the dimensions to bring in new foils is successful.

But... yeah. I'm getting tired of the dimensional gimmick. It's beginning to feel more like Doctor Who and less like Ghostbusters. One of the things that excited me the most at the outset of this mini was just seeing a good 'ole fashioned bust. I feel like we don't see many smaller busts, and the show-downs wind up feeling like them in their absence.

I also suspect that while bringing in new characters to bounce off of can be informative, there's just too much busy work and exposition surrounding those developments to give them the breathing room to make them satisfying.

But that's me -- staring a gift horse in the mouth with a tactical flashlight.
mrmichaelt, robbritton liked this
By *NormalGamer*
groschopf wrote:
mrmichaelt wrote:I think contributing to my ambivalence is I'm also pretty burnt out on other dimensions and crossovers. I am really looking forward to the Annual's main story with Samhain since it seems like a straight up GB story then of course another crossover that will take up most of 2018 then hopefully be the last one for awhile.
Hate to say it, but I agree. I'm glad that they got some new tech out of this, and it was neat seeing some intimate moments between the two different franchise's characters. Insofar that we learn more about their personalities, using the dimensions to bring in new foils is successful.

But... yeah. I'm getting tired of the dimensional gimmick. It's beginning to feel more like Doctor Who and less like Ghostbusters. One of the things that excited me the most at the outset of this mini was just seeing a good 'ole fashioned bust. I feel like we don't see many smaller busts, and the show-downs wind up feeling like them in their absence.

I also suspect that while bringing in new characters to bounce off of can be informative, there's just too much busy work and exposition surrounding those developments to give them the breathing room to make them satisfying.

Since Tom Waltz did say that Crossing Over will be a "Crisis on Infinite Earths" type event, perhaps, maybe post-Crossing Over, everything (RGB, ATC, ghosts, etc.)will pretty much blend and be revised into one whole new continuity; no more separate/alternate GB dimensions. Probably just my guess; I don't know.
By zeta otaku
I think after Crossing Over, they're going to have to shelve the dimensional thing for a while. The last three arcs have been ALL about it with the fourth coming up. I love me some cross-overs, I love Ghostbusters, but I'm starting to miss the smaller, more intimate busts... plus we have a small army of Ghostbusters in the main universe that need some love!

That being said, I'm still pumped as hell for these comics! :D
By philmorgan81
*NormalGamer* wrote:
groschopf wrote:

Since Tom Waltz did say that Crossing Over will be a "Crisis on Infinite Earths" type event, perhaps, maybe post-Crossing Over, everything (RGB, ATC, ghosts, etc.)will pretty much blend and be revised into one whole new continuity; no more separate/alternate GB dimensions. Probably just my guess; I don't know.
zeta otaku wrote:I think after Crossing Over, they're going to have to shelve the dimensional thing for a while. The last three arcs have been ALL about it with the fourth coming up. I love me some cross-overs, I love Ghostbusters, but I'm starting to miss the smaller, more intimate busts... plus we have a small army of Ghostbusters in the main universe that need some love!

That being said, I'm still pumped as hell for these comics! :D

Oh I can definately understand the dimension hopping burn out going on. I am pretty sure the IDW team is aware of it as well. I am thinking since the TMNT crossover and the development of the Dimensional Portal they have been sowing the seeds to this big crossover event. I get the feeling this is a story that the IDW team has wanted to tell for a while. They probably wanted to have a chance to tell this story before the comics end their run. :):):)
By robbritton
One of the things that was so refreshing about ATC issue 1 was just seeing a bust going on. Sure, it's setting up a bigger event, but it's still nice to see some small scale ghostbusting from time to time. That said, I am psyched for the big crossover, so I'm good with the portal for that one more run. I mean, the majority of the stories using the portal have been highlights of the whole run, I would just hate for the IDW 'verse to become too one note, when it's been such a refreshing world of expansion for the characters.
*NormalGamer* liked this
By *NormalGamer*
mrmichaelt wrote:November sales are in and predictably, the mini did gangbusters. Never dipped past 10.5K.

#1 12,787
#2 11,204
#3 10,888
#4 10,751
#5 10,614
It's all thanks to the turtles so this is no surprise.
I was skimming TMNT #79 in a store and noticed there's a callback to TMNT/GB #2 in it!
So I was thinking a couple days ago about the concept of a TMNT/GB 3 crossover. Now I thought it was an absolute dream come true seeing my 2 favorite franchises actually teaming up. I never would have dreamed such a thing possible. I couldn't believe how well the crossover worked. I was double surprised to see it work twice. I have followed and loved how both worlds have been impacted by both events. I heard the IDW crew talking about a third crossover with the Turtles on some podcast a few months ago and I got to thinking: I am going to put up some spoiler tags just in case there are some here who haven't read the TMNT Comics. :)
Anyway I am sure they have some good ideas being kicked around. If another crossover between the two shows up I doubt I will be disappointed with what they come up with. :):):)

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]