This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
I first did my research and noticed that almost all Sanyo ICC series calculators share the same parts... so what did I do? I purchased a Sanyo ICC-811 for a fraction of the cost for the real Sanyo ICC-808D, which sold on ebay recently for over $500, and completely gutted it.

After acquiring the various other parts... styrene, paperclips, various electronic components, angled 3/4" aluminum, rubber grommets, IV-9 nixie tubes, wire insulation, spray paint, and printing out the PDF circuit board file on sticker paper, I began the construction. Over the two weeks or so while having to go to work etc. I ended up at this point.

A few more days of work and stripping what seemed to be miles of wire insulation, I added the IV-9 nixie tubes.

I had originally purchased the resin kit from Nick-a-tron, and only ended up using the his nixie shelf. I then marked out the spaces for the nixies, drilled and cut the aluminum, painted and then added the rubber grommets for more accuracy to the real Sanyo ICC-808D.

The next step was making the error box.

After a few more days, I added the wire to the error box and installed the nixie shelf. I also added the accurate Murata disc capacitors and then it really started to come together.

After I modified the large capacitor and made the white chips, I reached the home stretch.

Nearly a month later, and completely burned out, I made the daughter board. I then attached the accurate coiled cord, which came from an electric shaver and declared this nearly 100% screen accurate GB1 Belt Gizmo prop done... "It's Miller time!"

Hope you enjoyed this and I value your opinions, so please let me know what you think?
Buckfutter liked this
Do you have a picture of the bare ICC-811 board? Before you started adding parts I mean.
I made the ICC-808D board from scratch, using styrene and the PDF file of the real ICC-808D circuit board printed out on sticker paper. The ICC-811 board looks nothing like the ICC-808D board... I just used the parts from the ICC-811. I hope this helps with your question.

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]