Post pics of work in progress or to your fan art here on Ghostbusters Fans.
By Fritz
Yeah, I don't just write, I dabble in art, too.

There's some stuff, including some exclusive '"remix" pieces here on my GBFans profile

http://www.gbfans.com/fans/fritz/art/

The main spot for my collection, at my own site:

http://www.ectozone.com/images/

And my Deviantart, which includes some non-GB stuff (ie Digimon, Legion of Super Heroes, Star Wars)

http://ectozone.deviantart.com/
By jason k
lol that would be cool
By Fritz
Color versions of the Peoplebusters, including the conjectural versions of Winston (previously mentioned in "Pandora's Box") and Janine

http://www.ectozone.com/images/pb.php

Janine doesn't look much like the one who appeared briefly in "Flip Side", but that was based on the spineless Kath Soucie imposter anyway.

If you've read the most recent chapter of "Flip Side War", take a look at this. If you haven't read it, it's a big spoiler:
http://www.ectozone.com/images/xpb.php
By Cliff
Fritzy, that, uh....that Kylie is god damn frightening.

Yikes. "What If....Mary-Sue Gladstone procreated with Heath Ledger's Joker?"

I mean....damn.
By Mjollnir
Thats so true, Fritz. Plus it harkens back to the episode where they see a picture of her in middle school as a cheerleader(while they're in her abandoned middle school), when now she's clearly not the type and if she had never left that niche in school her flip side would look like the usual version of her we all know. Great jobs with them, man.

Btw, which episode was that again? :blush:
By Kingpin
Heart of Darkness

Although it was kinda convoluted that the villain would just happen to be hiding out at Kylie's old school.
By Mjollnir
Indeed. I actually found the episode before I logged on. If EGB had come back for another season they could have brought him back as a reoccurring villain. *hint hint* :cool:
By Fritz
Grife, I haven't updated this thread in this long?

If you peruse the Ectozone art pages, you may notice some differences. I spent a few weeks in February and March modifying and semi-"remastering" the stock pictures I use. The tan/grey/beige flight suits have been changed to a darker, more accurate color. The blues I used for black metal and plastic have been darkened. The flight suits of the original Ghostbusters have been adjusted--back when I first scanned in the pictures six years ago, I was trying to match hand colored pictures that, in turn, were colored in the days before the internet, and photoshop software capable of isolating and duplicating colors. Another change has been the standardization of equipment in the picture (what I basically did was remove the packs drawn into the hardcopies, and now drop in a standard picture. It's now easier to swap in different packs--if I wanted to see what Andy Harness looked like with a Mark 2 pack, I could do that in about two minutes)

I also did a little remastering on some of the "Earth-2" versions of the Ghostbusters. You can actually see the most notable one here on GBFans:
http://www.gbfans.com/fans/art/ghostbusters/13418/
By ropzu
I can totally see you drawing a famous online comic. Keep up the good work and hone your skills even further. ;)
By Fritz
Until early this year, I had a ten year old computer running Windows 98. It finally gave up the ghost, and I managed to inherit a Windows Vista machine from my Mom.

Being a far more up to date computer, I was finally able to download TheGimp photoprocessing software. I mean, hey, I have a gimpy leg, right? It fits me.

Never being one to leave well enough alone, I dug out "Christmas with the Spenglers" from GB.Nuts and redid the letters and word balloons. Even better, I was able to add a glow effect to the Crimebuster trap's laser grid.

http://ectozone.deviantart.com/art/Chri ... -189835231
By Kingpin
Hope you had your files backed up when the old machine finally bit the dust. That glow sure makes the cage "zing".
By Fritz
Kingpin wrote:Hope you had your files backed up when the old machine finally bit the dust. That glow sure makes the cage "zing".
Oh yeah. I back up everything in my folders every three months, and some stuff even more frequently. I also was fortunate in that I had a little bit of warning that the W98 was about to bite the dust, so got off everything that hadn't been backed up yet.

If I lost anything, it wasn't anything I've missed in ten months.

And the trap glow does make it a lot better. The ability to do glow effects like lightsabers or proton beams better than my old software is one of the reasons I went looking for something better.
By systemcat
Just looked at your pieces. At a guess I'm going to say drawn on paper, scanned, flattened, and colored?
By Fritz
systemcat wrote:Just looked at your pieces. At a guess I'm going to say drawn on paper, scanned, flattened, and colored?
Yeah. That's the system I've used for about the last ten years; it's worked for me so far.

I may occasionally tweak or change something in the Gimp program, and I've done more and more effects on the computer over the years, but on the whole the "base" drawing is usually in pencil or ink, then scanned.

Thanks for looking!
:)
By darthbuster
Really like the egon's Christmas present artwork.
I didn't realize you did the ectozone site. Thanks for that site. It has some great material.
By Fritz
I've done some drawings of the new equipment from the upcoming Ghostbusters 2016 reboot, so it's past time I did some characters.

First up is Dr. Abigail L. ("Abby") Yates, played by Melissa McCarthy (who is in just about every movie Paul Feig directs, it seems lol)

I'm the first to admit that when it comes to trying to draw real people, I'm a caricaturist at best, but I hope maybe it's as close as the character designs 88MPH (spits at Sebastien Clavet) and IDW have been using the last dozen years--close enough to be recognizable if not exact (and run afoul of Bill Murray's lawyer lol)
By Kingpin
Looking good, will be interesting to see your take on the reboot Packs. :)

And I think it says something that you, with your well-documented love for Ghostbusters overall, are drawing up art based on it.

I think you've stated it somewhere, but are you planning to see the new film?
By Fritz
Kingpin wrote:Looking good, will be interesting to see your take on the reboot Packs. :)
Yeah...I really need to try again now that some better pictures are out.
And I think it says something that you, with your well-documented love for Ghostbusters overall, are drawing up art based on it.

I think you've stated it somewhere, but are you planning to see the new film?
There's already a guy on Deviantart basically calling me a traitor for drawing the new characters. :lol:

I consider myself still somewhat on the fence about seeing it in the theatre, but after the trailers hit I'm leaning toward. There's a friend of mine who hadn't been paying attention at all until the trailers hit, and now wants to go--that does increase the odds also.

Some initial reviews and/or word of mouth will play a role; I really doubt it's gonna be opening day like GB2, bad as I felt burned by that one, though.
By Kingpin
Fritz wrote:There's already a guy on Deviantart basically calling me a traitor for drawing the new characters. :lol:
In the words of Trinity: "I believe he can go to Hell." :whatever:

I hope you enjoy it, even though it's not the original fab four. :)

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]