Post pics of work in progress or to your fan art here on Ghostbusters Fans.
By 8thMan
So about a decade ago I began my journey in Game Development with the goal of creating a Ghostbusters game (under the name SadJason). I've done a lot of thing since then like serving in the US Navy and getting a degree in Game Development...but I never completed a Ghostbusters game. I'm looking to correct that.

So starting from the ground up, I'm developing a top-down action game based on The Real Ghostbusters. I'll post updates as often as I can. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

jpetrutis81, Peter Venkman Jr., ccv66 and 5 others liked this
By Matt Campbell
Looking good!
8thMan liked this
By Dr.D
What a blast from the past! I have some memory of the stuff you did as SadJason. Looking forward to how this turns out but my interest is peaked.
By timeware
Looks like your using Chrono Trigger sprites as a basis? PM me if you need help with sprite editing some sprites.
By 8thMan
The sprites actually started off as an edit of Alien Syndrome for the NES then I was inspired Magic of Scheherazade so I reworked the heads. I'm actually thinking of dropping some of the colors from the Character sprites to bring them more inline with the NES inspiration. Thoughts?

By timeware
Keep the colors. Unless you plan on having them start off in tan suits and get colored uniforms as they grab power ups.
By livewire008
I like the music. It could loop better.

I kinda wish you could shoot diagonally. I imagine they'll be upgrades or different weapon pick ups as the build progresses?

Are you supposed to be able to get outside of the map? There's a book case in the top right corner of the house I just walked through (you can shoot it too, I see) and I got on the other side of the walls and walked around the map.

I didn't get hit my first play and killed everything in the house- I guess nothing is supposed to happen, yet? I reset and died on purpose to see what happened. The slimed animation is nice. I look forward to seeing more ghosts/creatures. The thing in the shrubs was cool :cool:

Kind of reminds me of Zombies Ate My Neighbors (loved that game). Keep going, man. I'm sure there's a lot of ideas you have yet to implement. Seems like a good foundation to build on.
By mcbenzi_ghost
Man, I tested yesterday and I loved it! I can't wait to see this complete!
By the way, I discovered how to get outside the house! XD
By EnderWeggen
Good Job. Nice Ecto-1
The Top down RPG stile is nice but feels easy seeing ware the ghost are.
"In the Kitchen I thought the oven was going to come get me."
Love the hunted Bush, I feel like that was a big part of RGB not being able to find all the ghost and needing the PKE meter to Hunt them down but in a NES game that may just not be a good idea. You could always toy with a weapon or equipment select box if there is room.

The only part i did not Love was the Proton Pack firing Sound.

All in all its your Game Build and its cool to see it at all at this point.
By timeware
Good start. What software are you using to build this?

A couple of suggestions:

Interaction with the Ecto 1: Once you make money you can purchase upgrades via calling Janine by entering the car instead of walking through it?

Ghosts: Arms coming out of the wall. Book Bats.

I agree that you should use another firing sound. The laser from contra would be a good option I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJDI_LB5_BE
8thMan liked this

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]