Kingpin wrote:
gEkX wrote:That gun is really coming together.. I'm kinda kicking myself for not picking one up.
Isn't Colin still selling them?
The run of 30 units is done and sold out, I may look into another run in November if the interest is there. I think once more of the blower builds get done it may spring more interest for more.
Ok few more little jobs done over the last few days.

Chopped the base off the grip.

Cut the right hand tank spacer ring down to the correct 1" height.

Tapped and test fitted the pump boxes to the plates.

Correct lenses glued in place.

Goffcorp kindly sold me his nozzle set as he updated his. Got it test fitted.

And while waiting for my styrene tubes to arrive for the tanks I glassed up my domes for added strength.

More soon :)
Looks awesome Nick!! You wouldnt happen to maybe offer the domes for sale?? might help out a few stranded folk like myself.. Finding it hard to get decent domes in Australia.. :-)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
Ok my tubes arrived yesterday so that meant I could make a start on the tanks!

1st thing I did was cut the tubes to the correct length. My calculations told me the 5" OD tank is 17.5" long which means the tube that sits between the domes has to be 12.5" and the longer green tank has a length of 20" so the body there is 16".

After cutting the tubes to size I made 4 rings (2 for each tank) to place in the ends so the domes had a "step" to lock onto. Here is how i made them.

I took an offcut of the pipe and placed a scrap tube in the middle. Using plasticene I sealed off the bottoms of the outter and inner tube.

I then poured in the resin. Once the resin had cured I cut the ring in half to make 2 rings! Each ring was then glued with epoxy in the ends of both tubes leaving about 4mm protruding.

Once the glue had cured I glued on the domes. Once these had cured I used car body filler/bondo to fill the seams.

I then sanded the bondo until the seam was invisible. A quick wet sand and prime revealed a very smooth tank :)

Just got the other tube to finish off now and then I have to hunt for a suitable green spray paint.

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]