By DeLoreanDMC81
Hi gang, I'm new to the whole Slimer Blower build. I finally started to take on the project.

My question for everyone, do you know the proper green and gray colors for the 3 tanks for the proper screen accurate look?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

James
By JAnderson392
I used Rustoleum Gloss Fern for the side tanks. I think I was planning to use Rustoleum Smoke Gray for the main tank but I haven't gotten there yet to know how it looks.
By DeLoreanDMC81
Question for everyone, does anyone know the model number to the small green and amber lights.

I know gbfans has them in their store, but I was curious on what the model numbers are, or who makes them?

I just got to noticing they weren't included in the parts lists.

Thanks,

James
By badash320
Ok, I’ve been on the hunt for parts recently and have what I hope is news.

I think that the OECO p/n on the pump boxes might be bogus. I found another OECO power supply on eBay and can verify that the p/n contains the correct number of digits and format, however when I reached out to a company called Meggitt (who know owns OECO) the part number did not exist. This is what they said:
Well myself and a document control person both looked for this P/N in our documentation and couldn't find any information on this part number. Sorry we couldn't help more.
I’m planning on calling Xerox shortly but I suspect I’ll run into the same issue. I may be too small a fish in a big pond but it’s worth a try.
Christof liked this
By badash320
I think I have found an accurately dimensioned heat sink extrusion. The one which goes on the “bottom tray”.

Two companies so far:
https://www.gabrian.com/aluminium-extr ... talog-old/
http://www.wakefield-vette.com/search- ... earch=4005

Samples can be requested from Wakefield-Vette but that requires a company name, shipping method, and shipping account. None of which I have but some of you may.

As is, there seems to be little or no stock for this product at the retails I’ve searched. I can verify that this shape is a standard extrusion so if we get enough interest then it’s possible we can get some made. That said G A Brian states specifically a minimum of a half-ton…that’s a lot of aluminum.

Well, I hope this helps some the search goes on and I’ll share what I learn.
By badash320
We’ll, it’s been months and some radio silence. I managed to get to someone in Xerox and they found a copy of the drawing on Microfiche. I’m supposed to get a copy, granted there’s no legal issues and when they can make time. I’m going to try another follow up early in the new year.

So as it goes OECO made these for some Xerox machine back in the late 70s / 80s. As I mentioned earlier I tried getting to OECO but I think they’ve been bought and don’ exist anymore.

Either way I can confirm that OECO P/N 080-20316-04 and Xerox P/N 105P80299 REV A are legit and do exist
DeLoreanDMC81, tobycj liked this
By BrightonBuster
Contemplating making a blower here in the UK, so the parts list is good, However, what is the length of the gun excluding the cone ? as it's one dimension not listed.

Cheers
By Kingpin
BrightonBuster wrote: November 13th, 2023, 12:07 pm Contemplating making a blower here in the UK, so the parts list is good, However, what is the length of the gun excluding the cone ? as it's one dimension not listed.
Unfortunately a lot of measurements are either incomplete, or judged by eye because we've had so few opportunities to measure the screen-used props from any of the films.
BrightonBuster liked this
By christphern
BrightonBuster wrote:Contemplating making a blower here in the UK, so the parts list is good, However, what is the length of the gun excluding the cone ? as it's one dimension not listed.

Cheers
So, I have been working on a blower myself, while planning a revamp of my old (and very inaccurate) plans, and if you don’t mind spending a bit on them, ThrowingChicken offers plans for the cannon, and they seem to match what I was getting while scaling it, so I just stopped and switched gears to using his plans.
By PukieDoug
The end cone and rear cover plate go over this . This is the length of the original 89 I had on my bench , I measured and took photos . The tube should be cut to 597
Last edited by PukieDoug on December 18th, 2023, 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tobycj liked this
By PukieDoug
PukieDoug wrote:The end cone and rear cover plate go over this . This is the length of the original 89 I had on my bench , I measured and took photos . The tube should be cut to 597
Been trying to put pics up but can’t get it to work
By tobycj
PukieDoug wrote: December 18th, 2023, 3:45 pm
PukieDoug wrote:The end cone and rear cover plate go over this . This is the length of the original 89 I had on my bench , I measured and took photos . The tube should be cut to 597
Been trying to put pics up but can’t get it to work
You'll need to upload them to somewhere like imgur first, then link them.

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]