By AJ Quick
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

We've had a LOT of questions regarding ALICE Frames and which ones will work with the upcoming Hasbro Spengler's Proton Pack. There are a lot of different styles of frames out there from various different manufacturers. The good news is that nearly all of them will work, but there is one specific style to AVOID!

Most styles of ALICE Frames currently being produced are known as "LC-1" style. They match the style that was made in the 1970's and the ones that were used in the Ghostbusters films. While original frames from the 70's are rare, there are still a lot of replica frames that will suit the Hasbro Proton Pack.

Fox Outdoor

The Fox Outdoor Frame has been a long standing favorite of the Ghostbusters Prop building community. It is a very solid replica and uses sturdy metal and has good quality control. You can buy these frames from GBFans, Amazon or FoxOutdoor directly.

GBFans: https://www.gbfans.com/shop/alice-pack-frame/
Amazon: https://amzn.to/3WtsRxI
Fox Outdoor: https://foxoutdoor.com/products/lc-1-al ... pack-frame

Rothco

The Rothco frame is another strong contender and if you are looking to match the styling of Ghostbusters Afterlife, this is the one for you! These are the same frames they used in Ghostbusters Afterlife. Just be aware, the quality of the frame is much weaker than the other two options (in our opinion). They are available on Amazon through two different sellers:

Rothco: https://amzn.to/3C7JmY0
Army Universe: https://amzn.to/3I7Jxqj

GBFans.com

We sell an LC-1 Replica Frame! This is the closest replica to the original LC-1 that exists. We took the common replica frame and beefed up the metal so that it matches the same thickness as the original frames. These are available, but sold without the pads. Replica LC-1 pads are also available!

https://www.gbfans.com/shop/alice-lc-1- ... ack-frame/

BEWARE the LC-2

Finally. We have received reports from those who already have the Hasbro Proton Pack in hand. They have found that the LC-2 will not work without modifications. The problem stems from the different style of cross bar. This bar will apparently not allow the frame to work with the Hasbro Proton Pack.

You can identify an LC-2 frame by the green color (not black) and the cross bar. Be aware that most sellers do not know the difference and will list their LC-2 frame as an LC-1 frame. Be on the lookout and ask for specific pictures!

GBFans.com may receive compensation for purchases made using the links contained in this article.
mrmichaelt, Kingpin, One time and 8 others liked this
I know mounting hardware is included, but i’m wondering if the ALICE is held out from the motherboard by one inch. A space of one inch is needed for the pack to rest on the Pack Rack in the same fashion as in GB84. I realize there are very few of us with this concern, but i am hoping it’ll fit my rack as ideally as my scratch built packs do.

Likewise, i hope the mounting hardware itself doesn’t obstruct the bottom Center of the Alice Frame, that too would hinder the way the pack rests on the rack.

first world problems, i guess.
I picked up a genuine LC-2 a year ago, for the Haslab pack... I think rather than sourcing out an LC-1.. I'll just keep an eye out in the new year for any fan- made conversion kits. I won't be able to open my pack until 2024 anyway as I'm currently in Canada.
Ecto Ernie wrote: December 31st, 2022, 3:38 pm i’m guessing all you’ll have to do is drill out the rivets, bring the crossbar closer to the frame and re-rivet it.
Bolt it to the pack before reattaching the crossbar. Otherwise it may not line up for the bottom bolts.
Update: The Sellgeek frame is different from the Fox frame. I've confirmed it's all steel whereas some Fox frames have a steel cross and some don't. The straps look near-identical to Fox and it may be manufactured by Fox since Sellgeek said they commissioned a run of these from a sporting goods company.

Still, look at the bottom of the frame compared to a Fox.

The Sellgeek Frame:

Fox Frame:

Fox Frame Variant:

Be aware: some Fox frames have holes at the bottom that will accommodate the Proton Pack spacers. Some do not. I have heard people with both versions claim they got theirs from GBFans as well as Amazon.

The Sellgeek pack has a distinct bottom and apparently does include the spacer holes.
Do the bottom mounts of the proton pack going through the holes in the bottom of the frame? If that's the case it it shouldn't be hard to get the pack to work on a lc2. I saw a picture of the back of the proton pack on Reddit, the lower mounts have inset metal threading. Any bolt or screw the right size can be used. I need to get the pack to confirm. But it seems to me a trip down to hardware store for some new bolts and washers is all it would take.

Picture from reddit:
zeta otaku wrote: January 11th, 2023, 9:53 am I don't have one (yet), but those two threaded holes are where the lower part of the LC-1 attaches. If I were using an LC-2, I'd over size the any hole I drill and add a couple washers.
Is drilling necessary? The threaded holes look as if they line up perfectly with openings on the bottom of both style Alice frames.
Just mounted a vintage LC-1, and I couldn't attach the crossbar brackets as the crossbar itself was slightly too high for the holes. Anyone else experience this? (Still feels like a solid connection, even without those two brackets.)
I understand now why the LC2 won't work. For my frame at least, the center bars both vertical and lateral are just a millimeter too thick, the brackets do not fit over the bars. This could be solved fairly simply by either grinding the frame ever so slightly or maybe spreading the metal brackets slightly apart more. If you overcome that though there is yet another problem. The alignment of the horizontal bar does not line up with the premade screw holes on the frame. If you start with the bottom of the pack with the spacers with the long screws on the bottom of the frame (those seem to install fine) the alignment is thrown off for the crossbar. You can forgo the crossbar attachments I guess, and rely solely on the vertical clamps, providing you solved problem 1.

For me at least.... I just caved in and ordered a rothco Lc1, I'll trade out the cheaply made pads from the rothco and install the real things.
Ecto Ernie wrote: December 30th, 2022, 1:14 pm I know mounting hardware is included, but i’m wondering if the ALICE is held out from the motherboard by one inch. A space of one inch is needed for the pack to rest on the Pack Rack in the same fashion as in GB84. I realize there are very few of us with this concern, but i am hoping it’ll fit my rack as ideally as my scratch built packs do.

Likewise, i hope the mounting hardware itself doesn’t obstruct the bottom Center of the Alice Frame, that too would hinder the way the pack rests on the rack.

first world problems, i guess.
Pack Rack aside, the gap with spacers is necessary for comfort and wearability more than anything. There's a reason the screen used packs didn't have the ALICE frame bolted flat against the motherboard.
Edit: Wrong place to post lol, that's cos I was tired. Didn't realize; however I'm planning on getting a rothco frame!
Last edited by Kieron W on January 18th, 2023, 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
trekgod3 liked this
Matt from "Proton Pack is not a toy" and Jason from GBNews posted videos on their experience with mounting Alice frames:

Interesting findings, I think part of the problems Matt was facing is due to him attaching the frame in upright position whereas Jason attached it while the pack was laying flat. Gravity is a bitch sometimes.
Bison256 wrote: January 17th, 2023, 8:32 pm I think you have the wrong thread. This one is about mounting A.L.I.C.E. frames to the Hasbro pack.
Yes I know, I didn't realize until now. So edited my post.
Apologies if this has already been covered, but for clarity the Sellgeek frame does not fit the hasbro pack. :(

It has the same fitment issues as discussed in this thread, where the crossbar is ever so slightly too low to affix the horizontal brackets.

Bit of a shame. I'll probably mod the frame and / or make new brackets to get it to work.

I'll by a Rothco frame for my other hasbro pack.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]