Late last year, Raphael Saadiq, co-founder of game studio Illfonic, revealed that the company would be working on a new game based on the Ghostbusters franchise, which has now been officially unveiled via an eye-catching reveal trailer:

Featuring the vocal talents of Dan Aykroyd and Ernie Hudson, and written by James Willems and Elyse Willems of Rooster Teeth, Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed will see up to four players assume the role of a new team of Ghostbusters who'll be clearing out a series of New York locations of ghosts and supernatural rifts. The game will also give a single player the option to assume the role of a ghost, presenting opportunities to terrorise and slime their fellow players.

As for the game's background story (little of which appears to have been shown so-far

The game is currently scheduled for release over a wide spectrum of consoles, with crossplay support over PC (via the Epic Games Store), Playstation 4, Playstation 5, Xbox One and Xbox One Series X/S.

The exact date of release is yet to be revealed, however it appears Spirits Unleashed is expected to go on sale later this year.

Feel free to join the discussion here: LINK
Sav C, RedSpecial liked this

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]