Chicken, He Clucked wrote: December 30th, 2021, 1:17 pm You think most people will get Alice Frames? Are they just for authenticity or do they make wearing the pack easier?
Most will, I have one set aside already!
With a Alice frame the back of the pack doesn't sit directly on your back. if you already spent the money for the Haslab, you might as well get an frame for it some time between now and spring 2023!
ecto88mph wrote: December 14th, 2021, 2:52 pm In regards to cyclotron lights, there is only 1 point in the entire ghostbusters trilogy where we see the cyclotron lights speed change. It is when podcast flips the red switch and the pack "boots up" and the light speeds up to to "full speed".

At no point do we see firing the wand to cause the lights to change speed. That was only seen in the video game. I know it's a bit of a bummer the wand doesnt have that level of interaction, but it's canon to the film series.
As has been pointed out previously, for the most part firing is shown from the front or side of the characters, so we mostly only get brief glimpses of the back of the packs while firing. Not enough to say they couldn’t exhibit other behaviors. We can’t say they do, but we can’t say they don’t, so it doesn’t prevent creative license to implement additional behaviors to make the interactions more interesting.
VenomSymbiote wrote: December 14th, 2021, 5:30 pm It's certainly a bummer they won't communicate but thinking on it how much did the wand and pack interact in the films? The most recent thing I did before seeing Afterlife, after watching the first two films, was replay the game. There was a lot of lights and indicators on the game pack because it functioned as the players HUD. I could be wrong but I don't think the pack had that level of display in the original movies. Powercell pulsed, cyclotron lights blinked, that's about it. The only thing that I'd want out of the pack and wand together is for the pack to not vibrate unless I'm firing the wand. I don't know if that's accurate to the films or not though as you can't really get a visual on if the packs vibrated. I'm also uncertain what the lore is on how the packs feel while on you outside of "heavy". I'll likely turn off the vibration function from the pack itself since it'll save battery power and I don't think I'd be comfortable with the whole constant vibrating thing.

I'm sad for those who are displeased but for me personally it's a nonissue for the price point and how good the pack should look come release. If they figure something out before then, cool. If not I'm still going to enjoy this thing a ton because I have neither the skill nor money to build a full on replica pack at the level Hasbro is offering.
It’s just a missed opportunity to implement interesting things that may not be canon, but wouldn’t violate canon, since we don’t get much of the pack lights other than glimpses too brief to judge from. But it’s understandable that the existing wand was never designed for interoperability with a pack. We will have to hope the pack itself will get behaviors that could be linked with a future wand, and hope that wand gets made.
Ecto_1X wrote: December 30th, 2021, 8:02 pm I still have no idea which ALICE frame was used on the Hero Pack. Is it FOX or Rothco?
100% Rothco. The Fox is close, maybe even the same frame, but the straps are all wrong.
WraithTDK wrote: December 30th, 2021, 11:33 am Just occurred to me, an idea that's perhaps more hopeful: riding the success of Ghostbusters: Afterlife, maybe they'll make a GB4 without waiting thirty years. Winston revives the company and serves as the veteran advisor and chief, while hiring some new young recruits that can carry the franchise forward. The rest writes itself. And perhaps when/if they do, the new recruits get some less beat-up/"weathered" proton packs, and Hasbro makes a replica of that.
A reboot of Extreme Ghostbusters with Winston as the mentor?
elussya liked this
Ecto_1X wrote: December 30th, 2021, 9:51 pm
GhostFaceX wrote: December 30th, 2021, 9:07 pm

100% Rothco. The Fox is close, maybe even the same frame, but the straps are all wrong.
But the Rothco frame itself doesn't match the Tested frame.
What do you mean? It matches perfectly.. what is missing
Ecto_1X wrote: December 30th, 2021, 10:23 pm
GhostFaceX wrote: December 30th, 2021, 9:55 pm

What do you mean? It matches perfectly.. what is missing
This lower bracket doesn't match Rothco's frame.
It does though

hawkbatsquadron wrote: December 30th, 2021, 9:33 pm
WraithTDK wrote: December 30th, 2021, 11:33 am Just occurred to me, an idea that's perhaps more hopeful: riding the success of Ghostbusters: Afterlife, maybe they'll make a GB4 without waiting thirty years. Winston revives the company and serves as the veteran advisor and chief, while hiring some new young recruits that can carry the franchise forward. The rest writes itself. And perhaps when/if they do, the new recruits get some less beat-up/"weathered" proton packs, and Hasbro makes a replica of that.
That would be epic :-)
Are there any news / updates about the pack?
Hasbro has been a bit too quiet in my opinion since the end of the funding.
No updates on the Hasbro Pulse website (strech goal 5 still locked), no news on social media (last post about the pack was "the dance" from Dec 13, 2021) ...
Or did I miss something?
I saw somewhere else that they generally give an update about every three months. I wouldn’t expect to hear anything until late March or early April. They updated the app to show that stretch goal 5 was unlocked, I highly doubt they are going to update the main page at this point.
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, or if I should make a separate thread... But did anyone else buy the Alice frame from SellGeek that was posted earlier in this thread? Mine should be coming tomorrow (so I can sit on it for a year waiting for the Haslab pack), but I was just curious if anyone has opinions on it, or if I've made a mistake.
Spidon wrote: January 11th, 2022, 7:10 am I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, or if I should make a separate thread... But did anyone else buy the Alice frame from SellGeek that was posted earlier in this thread? Mine should be coming tomorrow (so I can sit on it for a year waiting for the Haslab pack), but I was just curious if anyone has opinions on it, or if I've made a mistake.
Can you link to it?
GhostFaceX wrote: January 11th, 2022, 5:25 pm
Spidon wrote: January 11th, 2022, 7:10 am I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, or if I should make a separate thread... But did anyone else buy the Alice frame from SellGeek that was posted earlier in this thread? Mine should be coming tomorrow (so I can sit on it for a year waiting for the Haslab pack), but I was just curious if anyone has opinions on it, or if I've made a mistake.
Can you link to it?
Sure. Like I said, I was posted on this thread a couple pages back (on mobile and can't find the post right now) but I decided to go for it rather than trying to hunt down a frame from somewhere else.
https://sellgeek.com/collections/geeky- ... march-2022
Spidon wrote: January 11th, 2022, 9:35 pm
GhostFaceX wrote: January 11th, 2022, 5:25 pm

Can you link to it?
Sure. Like I said, I was posted on this thread a couple pages back (on mobile and can't find the post right now) but I decided to go for it rather than trying to hunt down a frame from somewhere else.
https://sellgeek.com/collections/geeky- ... march-2022
Well it’s a Fox outdoors frame and a bit overpriced but not too bad. They used Rothco in the new movie but you could always get Rothco straps later.
By Peter Geo
I ordered 1 Hasbro Plus Afterlife proton pack with Spengler Wand and my wife just asked if I ordered two. We have two kids and it eventually will go to each of our kids… So daaam I should’ve ordered two.

Just wondering how do I pre-order another pack and wand or is it even possible?

Thanks

Pete
It concerns me that Hasbro specifically said LC1, not LC2. This is important, as LC2s have a bent frame that may not marry with the flush surface of the Hasbro pack.

And for people that say Afterlife used an LC2 - we're not getting Afterlife props. We're getting a Hasbro pack with a different (but similar) spec.
By Kingpin
Peter Geo wrote: January 11th, 2022, 11:23 pm Just wondering how do I pre-order another pack and wand or is it even possible?
The pre-order window closed back in December, your best chance now is to try eBay and hope the listing price isn't terribly extortionate.

Edit: Posts merged with existing HasLab Pack thread.
hawkbatsquadron wrote: December 30th, 2021, 9:33 pm
OK FINE I ADMIT IT, I REALLY ENJOYED THAT SHOW.

I'm not sure who the other six people that liked it were, but I was one of them. So yes, that. Absolutely that.
hawkbatsquadron liked this
By GhostFaceX
Peter Geo wrote: January 11th, 2022, 11:23 pm I ordered 1 Hasbro Plus Afterlife proton pack with Spengler Wand and my wife just asked if I ordered two. We have two kids and it eventually will go to each of our kids… So daaam I should’ve ordered two.

Just wondering how do I pre-order another pack and wand or is it even possible?

Thanks

Pete
Check out my group in my signature. A couple people have already posted about wanting to cancel their order so you might have a chance to get one from a member there. If you post there I can keep an eye out for you if you let me know your name
Peter Geo liked this

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]