deadderek wrote: December 15th, 2021, 9:25 am
zeta otaku wrote: December 15th, 2021, 8:17 am The stench of entitlement in this thread is overwhelming. It's a $400 toy, christ.

this is why I've retreated from nearly every "fandom". Don't like what you're getting? You have a couple more days to request a refund and spend that money on a much more expensive replica made by fans that'll do EVERYTHING you want it to do.
It's truly insane. Especially if you've been in this fandom for decades like some of us. Even a mere 10 years ago...2011...this kind of pack would have blown us all away, especially at this price point. In fact if you've been a fan for a long time...it still blows us away at this price point. The entitlement is off the charts.
I've been a fan since I was 3 (born in 1981). I've personally built over a dozen packs for myself and my friends of... varying quality. This? This thing is amazing and a STEAL and I've been trying to convince people who have been poo-pooing this thing from the get go. is it perfect? No. Does the wand interact with it? No. Why? BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T EVER THINK THEY WOULD MAKE A PACK. Why build in tech to work with something that would probably NEVER come to fruition? That's why this pack was a Haslab product, NOT a retail item.

It's big, it's clunky, it takes up a ton of space. It's the same reason Hasbro hasn't made a Boba Fett jetpack. Would it sell? HOLY SHIT would that thing sell. Why haven't they made it then? It costs $400, takes up an insane amount of retail shelf space and it would SIT THERE. Why? Because it's a giant ass TOY. It's why Hasbro stopped making giant ass Transformers for a LONG LONG time (they're doing them again, but spacing them YEARS apart so they aren't fighting for the same LIMITED shelf space).

Okay, I'm ranting and yelling at clouds now.
ccv66, deadderek, Kingpin and 6 others liked this
I keep thinking what’s the catch…is it just going to be an empty plastic husk that feels cheap? I hope it doesn’t feel cheap, but an empty plastic husk is what it’s supposed to be. Anyway this all just means maybe they’ll make a second wand which is good news. They might want to treat it like lightsabers.
ZLevee liked this
It would have been nice if they through something extra in for the +20,000 backers.. but no good deed goes unpunished. I feel the fan base would complain about the the item not being enough more than not getting anything at all ..

I have an extra pack I was planning on selling, but no way I'm selling it less $400.. if the Hasbro pack was $1000, then b!#ch away. The thing is, I'm sure there's going to be plenty after market mods
deadderek wrote: December 15th, 2021, 3:23 am
One time wrote: December 14th, 2021, 9:56 pm

Which group? I posted it in a few. The largest Haslab Proton Pack Facebook group (2.6k members) is still discussing it after 192 comments and does not appear to have locked the thread. There are some innovative ideas people have posted on how interactivity could still be achieved. We’re told Haslab reads those groups so that may benefit the project after all.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/415038856140115/

They could still make it interactive using a microphone similar to how the Mattel Ecto Goggles communicate with the Mattel wand and Mattel PKE 8 years ago. There are many possibilities.

As for the other poster, yes I did back the maximum amount and I don’t regret it at all.
That's a group that added the HasLab pack to it's discussions, it's not the main one. He's referring to the actual HasLab group on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/groups/haslabprotonpackmodders

That's the group hes' talking about where your whining was turned off. Go email Hasbro and/or cancel your order please.
Your opinion. Not mine. Also not the opinion of a significant amount of the 200 backers in that Facebook group linked above. I’m done talking about this. I won’t return the aggressive attitude in your post. I hope you have a great day.
One time wrote: December 15th, 2021, 11:22 am
deadderek wrote: December 15th, 2021, 3:23 am

That's a group that added the HasLab pack to it's discussions, it's not the main one. He's referring to the actual HasLab group on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/groups/haslabprotonpackmodders

That's the group hes' talking about where your whining was turned off. Go email Hasbro and/or cancel your order please.
Your opinion. Not mine. Also not the opinion of a significant amount of the 200 backers in that Facebook group linked above. I’m done talking about this. I won’t return the aggressive attitude in your post. I hope you have a great day.
I was pointing out what the other poster was talking about. Clarifying which group he was talking about because you said you didn't know which one. The main HasLab pack group.
metroplex liked this
jonogunn wrote: December 14th, 2021, 9:47 pm
Josh Foote wrote: December 14th, 2021, 9:33 pm

Where is the proof they knew a pack was coming? That’s assumed, nothing more.
I think u read wrong. I said IF they knew
You’re correct. I did read it wrong. Sorry about that.
I am disgusted by the entitlement of some of the folks in this community. If the pack isn't what you want, no one is twisting anyone's arm to buy one. But to constantly complain this $400 replica being made by a toy company won't operate the same way fan props costing thousands of dollars do is beyond exhausting.
zeta otaku, ccv66, Kingpin and 7 others liked this
I hope they give us frequent updates on their progress. I’m excited to hear what they have done since their first prototype.

What are people most excited to hear more about?

Some examples could be:

- Electronics/sound. How will the lights look? How will the sound effects sound and what creative ways will they be utilizing them?
- Alice frame connection?
- Accurate ribbon cable? They mentioned they are working on it still
- the level of ‘84 modification?
- other improvements/details?

For me its the lights/sounds. I fell in love with the spinning cyclotron effect and hoping they could emulate that as accurate as possible. I’m a bit worried given the odd choice of using cluster of lights that they won’t be able to recreat the effect properly. Also I wanna know about the boot up/ shut down sound effects. Afterlife version? ‘84 version? Are they different enough to include 2 versions?
Last edited by jonogunn on December 15th, 2021, 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
metroplex, ProtonPack83 liked this
If the prototype is any indication, I don't think there's much to worry about as to the final product. Honestly, the thing I'm most interested in is: how will this feel on my back? My built pack weighs in around 30 pounds or so, and it will be nice to have a good looking replica that won't kill my shoulders.

On the other hand, I also hope it's not so light that it feels like I have the Kenner pack strapped on.
deadderek liked this
Ryusui wrote: December 15th, 2021, 4:12 pm If the prototype is any indication, I don't think there's much to worry about as to the final product. Honestly, the thing I'm most interested in is: how will this feel on my back? My built pack weighs in around 30 pounds or so, and it will be nice to have a good looking replica that won't kill my shoulders.

On the other hand, I also hope it's not so light that it feels like I have the Kenner pack strapped on.
Put a aluminum mother board and a Alice frame on it and I'm sure it will be fine. Looking forward to mold injected shell.
jonogunn wrote: December 14th, 2021, 8:41 pm If they knew the pack was coming while designing the wand they would have easily connected the two.
Personally, I suspect we would have never gotten a pack if the movie hadn't been delayed. The Spengler Wand would've been a stand alone item sold in tandem with the film. But when the film release was delayed after they had already been selling the wand, someone realized they'd have time to knock up a pack prototype in time to catch the second hype train for the actual release.

The fact we're getting this at all is kind of a happy accident.
jonogunn liked this
jonogunn wrote: December 15th, 2021, 3:45 pm I hope they give us frequent updates on their progress. I’m excited to hear what they have done since their first prototype.

What are people most excited to hear more about?

Some examples could be:

- Electronics/sound. How will the lights look? How will the sound effects sound and what creative ways will they be utilizing them?
- Alice frame connection?
- Accurate ribbon cable? They mentioned they are working on it still
- the level of ‘84 modification?
- other improvements/details?

For me its the lights/sounds. I fell in love with the spinning cyclotron effect and hoping they could emulate that as accurate as possible. I’m a bit worried given the odd choice of using cluster of lights that they won’t be able to recreat the effect properly. Also I wanna know about the boot up/ shut down sound effects. Afterlife version? ‘84 version? Are they different enough to include 2 versions?
I'm looking forward to updates on the lights, cyclotron specifically, and the hose. After I saw the Adam Savage pack video, I wasn't too thrilled with the green part of the hose and how stiff it was. I'm already working on making up a couple of hoses, an Afterlife-type and a regular one. The wild card here is the hose connector on the pack itself. I'm hoping the size and threading are standard so it will be relatively easy to find a part that will mate up to it.
deadderek wrote: December 15th, 2021, 12:17 pm
One time wrote: December 15th, 2021, 11:22 am

I was pointing out what the other poster was talking about. Clarifying which group he was talking about because you said you didn't know which one. The main HasLab pack group.
To be fair, there are so many Facebook groups for the HasLabs pack I know of at least 2 others and another which was originally created for "UK only" backers but now expanded to everyone as well in an attempt to grow. The group with 2.6k members (now 2.7k) was originally created over a year ago for the Spengler wand but did incorporate the HasLabs pack in October. It formally changed its name after a members poll in early November to Spengler's Workshop. How do I know this?... I created the group in the first place :P

It's not really a big deal these days when people are split over many groups though because at the end of the day they're all on the same platform... Facebook.

Mercifull wrote: December 16th, 2021, 9:11 am
deadderek wrote: December 15th, 2021, 12:17 pm

To be fair, there are so many Facebook groups for the HasLabs pack I know of at least 2 others and another which was originally created for "UK only" backers but now expanded to everyone as well in an attempt to grow. The group with 2.6k members (now 2.7k) was originally created over a year ago for the Spengler wand but did incorporate the HasLabs pack in October. It formally changed its name after a members poll in early November to Spengler's Workshop. How do I know this?... I created the group in the first place :P

It's not really a big deal these days when people are split over many groups though because at the end of the day they're all on the same platform... Facebook.

Yes I know there's many groups for Haslab packs, that's why I was being helpful and pointing out which one it was specifically when he claimed he didn't know which one it was. It's the original group solely dedicated to the HasLab pack.
Mercifull liked this
Unless I missed a post, did anyone see any of the official Ghostbusters accounts post about the HasLab pack?
I got this reply after asking Zavvi when they would charge my credit card:
Hello Alphagaia, Thank you for getting in touch about order [redacted]. This item is not in stock currently, and payment is taken upon shipment. The expected date is :30-04-2023. If you prefer not to wait, it can be cancelled. If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help. Kind regards, Orly zavvi Customer Service Team
Had I known that I would pay in 2023 and could have saved up, I would have ordered more, so I could sell one! (I keep two for me and my kid).
hawkbatsquadron wrote: December 17th, 2021, 7:40 amPlease define "official"
I see that word thrown around in fan groups like it has some mythical weight.
What did I miss? I asked if any of the official Ghostbusters accounts advertised the HasLab pack?
I'm wondering if anyone on here or knows anyone who backed the proton pack and bought a spare who's is willing to sell me one when its released preferably in the UK/Northern Ireland. I backed one myself on the 27th October but due to unforeseen circumstances had to cancel my order. Any help would be hot....
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: December 19th, 2021, 1:00 am I don’t have a spare but the issue you’re going to have now is the moment the crowdfund closed these things jumped in value. So anyone offering out spares to strangers at RRP is being extremely charitable.
For as long as I've roamed these boards and been a huge fan of Ghostbusters the fandom has always seemed like the nicest people you could ever meet. If anyone ordered multiple and would be willing to help out a fellow Ghosthead, it'd be here. I'm not saying that to guilt trip anyone or cause any issues. It's more of a huge compliment to the fandom that I'd not be surprised some of the fans were able to lend a hand to guys like him. I may not talk much on the boards but really I don't think I've ever run into anyone on here that wasn't friendly. I'm in a few fandoms and this one is one I can wholeheartedly say I'm proud to be a part of.

https://i.imgur.com/cMwtW9y.jpg Where do th[…]

Ecto Containment Unit

Hey sorry I never saw this…it’s just […]

Greetings from Montana

Hey and welcome

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]