For those of you wanting to wait until 2023 to buy:

"This campaign will move into production when it reaches its minimum backing goal. We will stop taking backers at 11:59 PM EST on 12/12/2021"
I'm digging the pack and the price point. Considering all the mods that can be easily done to the Spengler wand folks who want to make this pack their own should have no issues modding as they see fit.
Looking at the back of the pack I can clearly see raised locations which match up with how the Alice pack connects to my current pack meaning they knew we would be wanting to add the Alice frame and gave us a clear way to do so.
This pack is perfect for those who want a more accessible price point than the custom screen accurate builds available.
Alphagaia wrote: October 28th, 2021, 6:44 am
GaudinosWheels wrote: October 28th, 2021, 6:17 am Two things holding me back:

1) The Alice Frame issue - really would love someone from HasLab to clarify if one can be fitted.
This is the information I found about that particular subject.
I’m “very” cautiously optimistic they’ll be mountable to the Alice frame, and that the wand and pack will sync.

Is it safe to assume they put the wand into production with the intention of making and syncing it with a pack? The overheat / ability to cycle through the different video game functions, etc; would be pretty silly to have on the wand and not reflect on the pack.
I highly doubt the wand will interact with the pack. Besides hose attachment and pack mount. Theres probably no cheap easy way to do it

I do not think there will be any interaction between the electronics on the wand and pack. With the cyclotron coming apart, lights might be challenging to mod.
Kingpin liked this
The straps are supporting the weight as it is and the Alice frame doesn't add weight to the mounting points . It should be fine.

The stretch goals are kind of weak. The only real benefit fulfilling the minimum so quickly is that they'll be more motivated to make more stuff. If Haslab reaches 7,000 by Sunday, I'd like to think they'll be motivated to get us pke, goggles and trap
Last edited by ccv66 on October 28th, 2021, 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Route66GB, ProtonPack83 liked this
I can totally see Haslab reaching their goal but I can't wrap my head around the fact that in a mere 18 months there are going to be SEVEN THOUSAND more proton packs in the world. I'm sure Spirit has reached that number as well as Kenner and even Hasbro with their kiddie line but SEVEN THOUSAND proton packs of this quality just blows my mind.
ccv66 liked this
For those who are worrying about the Hasbro neutrona wand, I found this online. I added the red highlight myself.

ZLevee liked this
dantonvfx wrote: October 28th, 2021, 10:45 am Did anyone else noticed that they removed the Stretch Goals descriptions form the Website? Now just says 4 Strecth Goals, but not what do they include as before.

Might be they are changing some stuff? The Afterlife Version upgrade seemed a bit... meh...
I really hope those aren't the stretch goals. I'm going to assume they are for now, but Warden on twitter said they have mindblowing stretch goals to show off and if what we saw were the goals? Those aren't mind blowing in the least. Unless he means they'll blow your mind with how disappointing they are. Only thing in it I'm interested in is Egon's notebook and I'd much rather have pack-centric upgrades than that. Like the pack being able to play the theme song.
ProtonPack83 liked this
Coover5 wrote: October 28th, 2021, 11:15 am It did blow my mind that the stand for it was a stretch goal and not an obvious essential item to naturally come with the pack.
If it had an alice frame wouldn't that basically function as a stand in of itself? I've never had a movie accurate pack but from what I've seen the bottom of the frame seems to function as legs of a sort to prop the pack up when sat down.
Just backed it! Pretty confident it'll hit its goal. Just hoping those stretch goals are incorrect or at least not everything. Still the pack itself looks great and I already have the wand. Better price over all than the 1000+ dollar ones out there. Even if those are better it's a harder pill to swallow. Now we just wait a year and a half. At least by then I should have a better jumpsuit.
JamesB922 liked this
gamera1968 wrote: October 28th, 2021, 11:05 am For those who are worrying about the Hasbro neutrona wand, I found this online. I added the red highlight myself.

Except "compatible with" can mean anything. As far as we know, the V-hook will work with the mounting bracket on the pack, and one of the stretch goals is to include a hose that will connect the two. Both of those would allow them to say the two are "compatible with" each other, without having to have any other interactions.
I'm fairly certain that "compatible" just refers to the wand being able to hook to the pack and be attached with the hose if that stretch goal is met. I doubt there will be any electronic connection. The electronics/lights/sounds will be independent of each other.
Kingpin liked this
They'd face a hell of a shitstorm if the first stretch goal is a $1 plastic hose...I simply can't believe that. "Compatible" at the moment as by the reveal means that (surprise!) the V-hook on the wand will connect to the counterpart on the pack. Switch on the pack, you get the pack sounds. Switch on the wand, you get the wand stuff. First goal must be electronic connectivity of some kind.

Ordered 5. Can't wait to see the goals reached.
dantonvfx wrote: October 28th, 2021, 1:22 pm Anyone knows any news about the scale? I know some people contacted Hasbro about it, because on the promo pic doesn't look 1:1 scale compared to the guy.
The photo may be photoshop which would mean the scale is a little off in the photo but doesn't mean the pack isn't full size. Also due to it having built in straps and not an Alice Frame the pack is naturally sitting lower on the back. Once the pack is affixed to an Alice Pack it would sit properly as seen in the films. The Spirit pack sits the same way.
Route66GB wrote: October 28th, 2021, 2:01 pm
dantonvfx wrote: October 28th, 2021, 1:22 pm Anyone knows any news about the scale? I know some people contacted Hasbro about it, because on the promo pic doesn't look 1:1 scale compared to the guy.
The photo may be photoshop which would mean the scale is a little off in the photo but doesn't mean the pack isn't full size. Also due to it having built in straps and not an Alice Frame the pack is naturally sitting lower on the back. Once the pack is affixed to an Alice Pack it would sit properly as seen in the films. The Spirit pack sits the same way.
Got any comparison photos of a spirit pack being worn and a proper one with an alice frame? Right now all I have is a spirit backpack pack with the Matty wand haphazardly stuck to it. I'm curious if it'll look bad when being worn or not.
I've backed both of the HasLab Marvel projects over the past year and the pace of the Proton Pack project is a very good sign that it will meet at least 2-3 of the stretch goals, if not all of them. Like the X-Men Sentinel project, this project lends itself really well to people wanting to buy multiples!
Ryusui liked this
I may be in the minority but if they included an afterlife version of the hose and not just a plain store bought split loom I think that is an awesome stretch goal. The stand sounds cool to me too.

I saw some of the other stretch goals for other projects and they don't seem mind blowing either. I believe the sentinel goals were different heads you can put on..yippy?

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]